• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Question For TJs

Jaguar

Looping is later cognitive function invention because they need to explain why someone is not act according to theory which is BTW pure religious (Ti) approach to the problem.
"Hey, there is a God (16 personality system!) Let we see how we can approve his existence!" :cry:

Funny you should say that. Many of the people who were constantly talking about that loop bullshit were INFJs, trying to explain away their emotional problems.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Funny you should say that. Many of the people who were constantly talking about that loop bullshit were INFJs, trying to explain away their emotional problems.

I will copy this here...

"Unlike 16 personality system my 64 personality system can be tracked in real life. There is no philosophy, nor etiquette people, nor pushing people to get on the box types there is simple pure deduction about how someone is thinking! That's it! 64 personality system doesn't describe you as you are idiot who cannot wash your hands like socionics, nor you are fantastic human who can do anything like MBTI. No! It just describe you what you are and what you know about yourself without trying to complete box of type. There is no "unhealthy" because every type is healthy it is just person who like to use in his thinking process his passive (3rd) instead switch (2nd). Because of this there is no 1st ,2nd, 3rd etc but function is called as active, switch, passive and zero.Why? Active, switch, passive and zero? Because they are on cross and it is no chain reaction. Bellow zero there is nothing. Each function cast shadows which deny its ability. For example shadow of Te is Ti and it is called "junk knowledge collector". This Te thinks productivity is reading the book!"

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys seem like you have it all together. Is that true? Do you ever feel like you’re winging it?

I prepare as much as possible, but some things you cannot prepare for. So I do wing it on occasion.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
I mean...

ISTJ - sloooowwww
INTJ - still cannot
ESTJ - it looks like they can but... :shock:
ENTJ - in stress situation they can be real improviser

Can you continue the sentence on the ESTJ one? :)

Modern_austen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I am perfectionist. This make me feel that i could do better if i didn't waste my time. But when i compare myslef with other people, I'm always like "how can be so satisfied by such a poor result"

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Question for INTJs: Do you, or did you ever, view yourself as sensitive and/or shy/insecure?

Absolutely. I cannot speak for all INTJ's but deep down I can be very sensitive and insecure. The world has wounded my sensitivity and my idealism so I have developed armor, some call it cynicism and sarcasm. Especially when I was younger I was very insecure. This insecurity drove my need to increase my knowledge and skills and, to a lesser extent, it still does today. IRL only my wife and my son see my sensitivity, and a few very close friends. Oddly enough they are the only ones who can actually hurt my feelings because they are inside my "armor".

I have wondered if all, or many, INTJ's have been betrayed or emotionally abused in their youth, which has led us to how interact with the world. In the spirit of sharing, I was hurt by my older half-sister when I was 8. She tried to kidnap me in order to hurt my parents. I don't know why, I've never been able to figure it out. And I was the target of a persistent bully for three years during middle school. I'm probably projecting, and I am sorry if I am. It has just been a thought that I've had, and I have no evidence save my own anecdotal story.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Absolutely. I cannot speak for all INTJ's but deep down I can be very sensitive and insecure. The world has wounded my sensitivity and my idealism so I have developed armor, some call it cynicism and sarcasm. Especially when I was younger I was very insecure. This insecurity drove my need to increase my knowledge and skills and, to a lesser extent, it still does today. IRL only my wife and my son see my sensitivity, and a few very close friends. Oddly enough they are the only ones who can actually hurt my feelings because they are inside my "armor".

I have wondered if all, or many, INTJ's have been betrayed or emotionally abused in their youth, which has led us to how interact with the world. In the spirit of sharing, I was hurt by my older half-sister when I was 8. She tried to kidnap me in order to hurt my parents. I don't know why, I've never been able to figure it out. And I was the target of a persistent bully for three years during middle school. I'm probably projecting, and I am sorry if I am. It has just been a thought that I've had, and I have no evidence save my own anecdotal story.

Thank you for sharing, sincerely.

Do you relate heavily with your Fi?

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for sharing, sincerely.

I do now. I'm 39 and I've always been introspective. Oddly enough a series of fantasy books inspired to exam my emotions and morality at a very young age and I became more comfortable with Fi at a younger age than some INTJ's. Then I fell in love with an INFJ when I was 21, and we have been happily married for 15 years. Being with her, and desiring to be the best I can for her, has taken me the extra steps needed to become fully comfortable with my Fi. I am still reserved, but I no longer am repressed.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
I wondered about the OP a bit. To xxTJ/Te types that are reading this, does it make sense to say that "winging it" works well if the situation/process is *logical* enough?

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wondered about the OP a bit. To xxTJ/Te types that are reading this, does it make sense to say that "winging it" works well if the situation/process is *logical* enough?

Yes. Sometimes winging it is more logical than to take important time over-analyzing it.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thanks! Hmmmm and the sentence on the ISTJ one?

dom Si are least risk takers of all types.
They like to careful consider every single possibility rather then jump into action.
Their mind is like "don't jump into anything, be careful by your words, be careful by your action, work-hard and watch how your dreams are coming to you!"

Risk takers:
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Ne
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Te
|||||||||||||||||| Ti
||||||| Se
|||||| Ni

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Question for INTJs: Do you, or did you ever, view yourself as sensitive and/or shy/insecure?
Not across the board. I at least am sensitive to certain things, but not at all to others. I don't know that I would say I am insecure, but I do have a keen sense of my shortcomings. If I find myself in a situation where these become especially important, it is a source of stress and I will feel inadequate. Most people I know would not consider me shy, only reserved and even guarded. I suppose the difference is that, when I need to interact I have no problem doing so, I am just very selective and even sparing about it.

Honestly I don't know. A few members here have told me I do. Sometimes I think I do, but then sometimes I wonder if I have completely misunderstood my own thought process or approach.

I would say "winging it" works well if the situation is familiar enough.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I may have felt shy when I was younger - not now, nor am I insecure. But sensitive, yes in a few ways. In HSP ways to crowds, noise or light but internally as well. This may be why I felt a really strong pull to public service/advocacy and activism relatively later in life.

It has little to do with the current political situation and more to do with the current political situation exposing much that's existed for history of the country - that's become intolerable. I'm sensitive to it. But I discovered a whole world of opportunity that allows me to take that sensitivity and channel it into productive use. Because otherwise I would sit there with my sensitivity and hate it because it feels pointless.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It has little to do with the current political situation and more to do with the current political situation exposing much that's existed for history of the country - that's become intolerable. I'm sensitive to it. But I discovered a whole world of opportunity that allows me to take that sensitivity and channel it into productive use. Because otherwise I would sit there with my sensitivity and hate it because it feels pointless.
This. I have said elsewhere that caring about something is wasted energy unless you can act on it somehow.

What kinds of opportunities have you found to channel this into productive use?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This. I have said elsewhere that caring about something is wasted energy unless you can act on it somehow.

What kinds of opportunities have you found to channel this into productive use?

The first thing was finding a non-profit health care related position working in a specific community. Through my job I became more involved with another organization that brings faith, labor, business, social service, and civil rights together and are committed to participatory democracy.

I hadn't considered going in another direction professionally but this work feels more satisfying to me. The last thing was actually running for an elected office, which I won. Precinct delegate isn't a big job - more of a liaison between the community and the Dem party and that's where I feel I can accomplish the most vs a different elected position and still stay involved in different organization.

I'm as active as I can be with Planned Parenthood, LWV, Progress Michigan, whether I donate money or time. There is so much out there and so much need. The on your own mindset doesn't work for individuals or society, certainly not long term which should be obvious to everyone at this point. Americans hate their own poor and poverty is often criminalized. Until there is change in those areas, there will always be plenty of opportunity for people that want to fight it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I think much of the typology community neglects to understand the sensitivity inherent to many INTJs and 5s. The problem, if there is one, is that it's not really something many of them talk about because it's not where their focus goes. Not that you guys would want pity or anything, but a deeper understanding of the types is badly needed.

"INTJs/5s don't have feelings/aren't in touch with their feelings." etc etc etc....

Um, no. They just have coping mechanisms that look a certain way externally.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Everyone wings in it some areas at some times. But the most irritating factor is that there are people that say things like ^^. It makes any TJ (or any type for that matter) much less likely to ever seek help if they need it because - strong, competent people don't vocalize when they need help with anything, right? They never need any help, right? Everyone expects it from the weak and vulnerable.

Because we live in a society that doesn't value people at all when you get right down to it, I'm not at all surprised when people ask things like the OP.

On the other hand, the weak don't ask for help because they're not strong enough to admit to their inescapable human vulnerability. Either way you look at it...but I see asking for help as something that definitely requires some strength, honesty, and courage often times. Being vulnerable at times is inevitable, but admitting to it is difficult for many. Difficulty is overcome through strength.

A bit off topic now, but generally speaking I have respect for those who aren't afraid to be seen as vulnerable, it shows they have confidence in their strength to move past the unavoidable. Those who are afraid to be seen as weak often truly are, and their sensitivity is why they hide.