• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Did you hate people based on their MBTI?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I generally get along with most people....I do, however, alter my behavior to fit into the current situation or relate with the (avoid conflict). The main issue stems from my inattentiveness to social norms such as etiquette and inability to engage in "small talk." I can get along well with my ESFP Mom if I tone down my energy/intensity in regard to interests (Mathematics/science), yet within certain group settings, I have learned to adapt and not create some barrier that prevents flow.

If someone actively listens to me consistently and there exists no communication gap, then a connection can be formed....Otherwise,I will not waste my energy continuously....There must be a willingness for compromise for a healthy relationship to form. If you have negative traits (x1,x2,...xn) and the other person has negative traits (y1,y2,...,yn) then you must be able to accept a proportion of these traits on both sides with the inner intent of reversing the connotation over time.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I generally get along with most people....I do, however, alter my behavior to fit into the current situation or relate with the (avoid conflict). The main issue stems from my inattentiveness to social norms such as etiquette and inability to engage in "small talk." I can get along well with my ESFP Mom if I tone down my energy/intensity in regard to interests (Mathematics/science), yet within certain group settings, I have learned to adapt and not create some barrier that prevents flow.

If someone actively listens to me consistently and there exists no communication gap, then a connection can be formed....Otherwise,I will not waste my energy continuously....There must be a willingness for compromise for a healthy relationship to form. If you have negative traits (x1,x2,...xn) and the other person has negative traits (y1,y2,...,yn) then you must be able to accept a proportion of these traits on both sides with the inner intent of reversing the connotation over time.

In bold is your Fe function, and it makes me relate so much to INTP vipe.

Anyway, about this thread, you mentioned accepting the other's negative traits vice versa. But when you find it impossible to ignore the negative points that you see, then you would consider staying formal with this person. But if those negative points in both of you creates constant conflicts then you would avoid this person. And you may see its correlation to a certain MBTI type.

Would you avoid that type once you see them in the horizon, before you get to know them?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Anyway, about this thread, you mentioned accepting the other's negative traits vice versa. But when you find it impossible to ignore the negative points that you see, then you would consider staying formal with this person. But if those negative points in both of you creates constant conflicts then you would avoid this person. And you may see its correlation to a certain MBTI type.

Would you avoid that type once you see them in the horizon, before you get to know them?

I'm very open to all types, but it's more of an input/output condition (think of input as the quantity of energy exerted and output as energy return) ....So, if I am exerting/investing energy/time to actively stay engaged with person x and they respond in an opposite manner, there could be some communication gap in terms of interests. If there exist no stimulation in regards to the flow of a conversation, then it generally won't work out. I've learned that any necessary change/altering of behavior is internally driven, so people do change for better or worse. Thus, I don't completely eliminate contact with someone, however, it's natural to confine who you associate with (social circle). There's so much variation per type that I would never consider avoiding a person if I have a hazy awareness of their traits....I would want to at-least get to know them to gauge whether I continue associating with them. Negative traits exist with everyone, but you want to find people to project you forward rather than drag you toward an abyss.