• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Describe your teenage self

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depressed and antisocial. High school sucked.

But ya got through it, ja? :) That takes strength. *nodnod*

Um ... I changed a lot as a teen
Ages 13 - 15 = anorexic goth
Ages 16 - 17 = bubbly, optimistic, uber happy sweetheart.
Age 18 - present = introspective philosopher.

I didn't really do anything super crazy partly because I was boring and responsible and partly because as a home school student, opportunities for trouble were limited. *nodnod* My most rebellious acts I did were listening to forbidden music and pulling an all nighter to finish a book. xD

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went through several phases as a teenager, but they all revolved around cult films in some way. There were times when my "ISFP persona" was a lot more apparent than it is now. I struggled with depression on and off as a teenager, so of course I had the obligatory nihilist phase (film phase: Kubrick). After that there was a splatter/gore phase (film phase: Argento/Fulci/etc.), then a maximalism/"camp" phase (film phase: Tarantino), and finally a minimalist phase (film phase: Bresson). Right now I'm going through a bit of a Czech/Slovak/Polish film phase, although it's not as "extreme" as the phases I had when I was younger.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ugh the teen years... you couldn't pay me enough money to relive those. I was painfully shy and bullied in school. My grades were good even though I skipped school most of the time because I couldn't stand to be there. I was depressive and borderline suicidal since I saw life as meaningless and pointless. I was very rebellious against my parents and other authority figures. My friends were all significantly older so I would go out drinking with them and then behave like a complete crazy person. *shudder* What a lovely walk down memory lane......

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me as a teen...oh boy. I was assertive, a show off, cocky, and had a terrible temper when it came out. My SA flared up during mid-teens so that somewhat checked some of my worse habits and the good ones as well. Though a natural slacker, I never missed a day in school. I was oddly well-liked by most even though my SA kept interaction to a minimum.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
I didn't fit into a box.
-Brilliant at sports, very tall and lean before most of my peers.
-Terrible socially, almost mute if I didn't feel comfortable. However I would become dominant and brash once in some form of competition.
-Bullied and hated by guys for some reason in school.
-Extremely sensitive and hated fighting, although I had no choice sometimes.
-Disliked parties.
-Hated school but loved learning. Never disliked teachers, always considered them as people doing an unappreciated service despite the flaws of the education system.
-Girls gave me a lot of attention but I was so shy that I didn't develop confidence with women at that time.
-Never went through a rebellious phase.
-Didn't play video games at all. My last game console was the playstation 2, at some point when I was around 13 I stopped caring.
-Suffered from panic attacks and extreme claustrophobia. I had to spend a large part of the day outdoors, luckily I grew up in a big walkable city, so I developed a love of walking.
-Began writing in a journal at 16 or 17.
-Became obsessed with jazz and classical musical, really found the music that speaks to me and nourishes me on a soul level at 17.
-Skipped school to go bookshops and record shops.
-Formed strong individual one to one bonds towards the end of school but never had a clan/group that I was really part of.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No dumb, wild activities but I was pretty much a loner, I didn't like any of my classmates and kept to myself because I was really paranoid that they were talking about me. I didn't avoid everyone, I did talk to a lot of people, but I really kept to myself and avoided a lot of people. I don't know why I did that, I just, did. I confided in the internet and found my friends that way. Probably kind of screwed me up (people around me like to say it did). I just wanted to get through the day and get through things and just, I don't know.. I'm not being bleak but I didn't see a future, there was no clear picture, I just wanted out. I'm still looking for that out.

Honestly my teenage years were lonely and empty and not very memorable. I really try not to dwell/think about them a lot because I just, I really dislike them. I never drank or went to a party, I was too afraid to drink, but I drink now. I was pretty charming with my teachers and stuff, though.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=30445]thepink-cloakedninja[/MENTION], I stayed home from school once to finish a book and the whole project it was based on. It was the only time I stayed home to finish an assignment (and I was feeling a bit under the weather, too.) I spent the due date at home finishing it, and come Monday morning the teacher says a lot of students hadn't finished their project, either.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=27735]Zeego[/MENTION] I had a lot of phases, too, all throughout 8th grade, onward. I'm still kind of like that now but it's not so much phases as I've found some concrete interests and it's like, okay, this is me today.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No dumb, wild activities but I was pretty much a loner, I didn't like any of my classmates and kept to myself because I was really paranoid that they were talking about me. I didn't avoid everyone, I did talk to a lot of people, but I really kept to myself and avoided a lot of people. I don't know why I did that, I just, did. I confided in the internet and found my friends that way. Probably kind of screwed me up (people around me like to say it did). I just wanted to get through the day and get through things and just, I don't know.. I'm not being bleak but I didn't see a future, there was no clear picture, I just wanted out. I'm still looking for that out.

Honestly my teenage years were lonely and empty and not very memorable. I really try not to dwell/think about them a lot because I just, I really dislike them. I never drank or went to a party, I was too afraid to drink, but I drink now. I was pretty charming with my teachers and stuff, though.

Another extrovert who was a loner in their teen years due to not getting on with their classmates. Like I love talking to people and I could talk all day about stuff to people I like but I wasnt into sports and I got picked on by certain people for being slightly nerdy. Us extroverts are stereotyped as party animals who dont stop talking but if we put a glutton in a room full of state bread and rotten cake and sour milk he isnt going to eat it and likewise an extrovert around people they dont feel at ease with isnt going to magically talk to them all. I love to interact with people online and this place is my main social hub.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Another extrovert who was a loner in their teen years due to not getting on with their classmates. Like I love talking to people and I could talk all day about stuff to people I like but I wasnt into sports and I got picked on by certain people for being slightly nerdy. Us extroverts are stereotyped as party animals who dont stop talking but if we put a glutton in a room full of state bread and rotten cake and sour milk he isnt going to eat it and likewise an extrovert around people they dont feel at ease with isnt going to magically talk to them all. I love to interact with people online and this place is my main social hub.

Yup! I got made fun of for trying to fit in, and for trying to stand out. All I wanted was for my peers to like me, and they just didn't accept me at all. It hurt me deeply. I was much more comfortable with smaller groups in my class, sometimes. Because sometimes my classmates would be nice to me. And for a moment I thought I belonged, or whatever. This is my 4w5, but I've always felt like a bit of an outsider, yet I'm just trying to fit in and stuff.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP

Ugh, that sucks. I just had a lot of really shitty friends and boyfriends and people around me. My self-esteem was shit because I felt like I was worth nothing because these 'friends' would always cancel plans with me to hang with each other without me.

I'm like you in that I didn't do anything crazy, like partying or drinking. I was mostly alone. I turned to books a lot to get through it.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Withdrawn, unpopular, angry, violent and perverted.

Not necessarily in that order. Nowadays I'm just perverted.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ugh, that sucks. I just had a lot of really shitty friends and boyfriends and people around me. My self-esteem was shit because I felt like I was worth nothing because these 'friends' would always cancel plans with me to hang with each other without me.

I'm like you in that I didn't do anything crazy, like partying or drinking. I was mostly alone. I turned to books a lot to get through it.

I did as well! I thought being dark and brooding and intellectual would help me out, but it really didn't. I just shunned everyone and hurt myself. I don't know why. It was a weird time, honestly.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I did as well! I thought being dark and brooding and intellectual would help me out, but it really didn't. I just shunned everyone and hurt myself. I don't know why. It was a weird time, honestly.

I think my thing was that I had things planned with 'friends', things that weren't drinking and partying, and those plans always got canceled (and they always made up an excuse, and then I'd find out later they just hung out without me). I didn't really push anyone away, they always just chose others over me. I don't really have that issue anymore because I just get really mean and bitchy if someone tries to treat me like that. I shut it down pretty fast.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think my thing was that I had things planned with 'friends', things that weren't drinking and partying, and those plans always got canceled (and they always made up an excuse, and then I'd find out later they just hung out without me). I didn't really push anyone away, they always just chose others over me. I don't really have that issue anymore because I just get really mean and bitchy if someone tries to treat me like that. I shut it down pretty fast.

Those kinds of things happened to me in middle school. Of course, none of my friends were drinking/partying in middle school, but I was often excluded from things, and in my group of friends it was like I was shunned/interchangeable with another girl. I was painted as the bad person and this other 'friend' was manipulative and whatnot, no matter how often I apologized. Ridiculous.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Those kinds of things happened to me in middle school. Of course, none of my friends were drinking/partying in middle school, but I was often excluded from things, and in my group of friends it was like I was shunned/interchangeable with another girl. I was painted as the bad person and this other 'friend' was manipulative and whatnot, no matter how often I apologized. Ridiculous.

That's awful. I can't say that I was interchangeable with anyone, just that I guess they preferred me to not be around? I don't know.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's awful. I can't say that I was interchangeable with anyone, just that I guess they preferred me to not be around? I don't know.

That sucks. They don't/didn't sound like good friends. I was kind of the same, I always struggled with friends. I did have friends, but I lost them, and then gained them. And then I was uprooted and had to attend a new school and I lost those friends. And at the new school, nobody really liked me. I was bullied a lot, and I was maybe a bit mean to another girl. Not necessarily a bully, but we butted heads. She was very nice. And then my friend became close with her, too. And then in 8th grade my two friends found another friend and I think they preferred her to me even though we always hung out. In general, I was always excluded/not chosen to be a partner or whatever, for projects or tasks or things, in class. It was always "Next time I'll pick you, I promise!" but that never happened. Outside of school, I was never invited to hang out because they assumed I wouldn't want to. Just assume, not even bother to ask me. :huh: By the end of high school, we were basically strangers as I'd distanced myself from them.

I'm feeling very nostalgic and I wish I could do it all over again, but I also wouldn't want to. I wish I'd been more; I feel like I'm floating thru life, waiting for something. For what, I don't know.