• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] sheldon cooper mbti type?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sheldon struck me as an INTJ in the first few seasons, but then his character sort of devolved into a giant, neurotic toddler - so I'm not sure if type is even applicable at this point. I gave up on the show several years back.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
He's kind of inconsiderate though and selfish. I think INTP's are much more thoughtful of other people. I do see his tedious thought process as Ti though. Since he's a fictional character, I'd say he's a combination of INTP tediousness and INTJ selfishness and obliviousness. Not that INTJ's are really so oblivious. They can be though.

I thought Ti dominants were by their nature at least somewhat inconsiderate and selfish?

If I were to type him, I would probably say INTJ. (based on him having a similar feel from what I get from other people I've typed as INTJ)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought Ti dominants were by their nature at least somewhat inconsiderate and selfish?

If I were to type him, I would probably say INTJ. (based on him having a similar feel from what I get from other people I've typed as INTJ)

Inferior Fe isn't given enough credit, imo. INTP's are usually tactful, charming and graceful in social situations. They might walk towards the line of offensiveness for humor, but they don't step on it or cross. And they notice if anyone does and check around to see that others are in agreement with their assessments. The INTP's are making certain that the line is where they think it is.

But they can be inconsiderate and selfish. The people closest to them, ime, benefit from it in that INTP's reserve their time and resources for those in their immediate circle.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know what INTP's you have met with lots of social grace I could probably think of just two (and those two are quite exceptional in kindness and Sheldon is actually an alternate version of one INTP I know) but others man.. talking about their prowess of magic the gathering and superhero comics with such arrogance really isn't really my cup of tea to hear. Especially when they mock you seriously for not knowing.

Fe is the most used function whether shadow or not shadow so it could make sense that some INTP's have an edge.

I'm concerned how people are finding Ni dominance in someone. Ni's strength are originality and synthesis of ideas. My English teacher knew I had ideas that were always original and pointed that out. It's like people are like how did he ever think of that perspective to something so ordinary?

Sheldon doesn't strike me as mysterious or ethereal. There's like no Se in him either. He's not an NJ. Definitely has Ne/Si. He's more goofy and quirky and eccentric which is Ti + Ne. ISTJ's are very serious individuals who only want to deal with numbers, reality, following the rules and are very sarcastic. (Not to its finality but that's the vibe many produce irl) the ones who can stand accounting. Sheldon doesn't even do sarcasm. He's someone who is flexible, tries to find shortcuts which is Ti.

It's like I really don't see room for ambiguity.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh wait, I did watch the Wil Wheaton episode.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someone should add "Schizoid" to his list of mental problems along with being OCD.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
talking about their prowess of magic the gathering and superhero comics with such arrogance really isn't really my cup of tea to hear.

It seems ridiculous, doesn't it? Keep that in mind while you're congratulating yourself on your typing of a fictional character. lol

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems ridiculous, doesn't it? Keep that in mind while you're congratulating yourself on your typing of a fictional character. lol

Lol he also says he has the same personality irl so actually you're only half right. *spin dance*

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
He's not INTP, and he doesn't seem INTJ to me.

ISTJ.

Then again I hate that fucking show with a passion and have only seen tortured bits and pieces of it against my will, so I probably shouldn't be contributing. Whatever type the characters are they're obviously written by ESFJs.

bbt-11-e1456283573769.jpg

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's funny how the show conflates geek culture (comics, conventions, costumes) with the culture of science academia. It's like the writers of the show did their research by asking no one from said cultures about those worlds, then tossed in a bunch of star trek and doctor who references, because all nerds love that shit, right? It's basically every male teenager who was bullied in high school distilled into the 4 most boring archetypes. It's like Revenge of the Nerds meets How I Met Your Mother.

I really hate sitcoms

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Overall i would say INTP as he shows clear Ti/Ne with his obsessive compulsive tendencies explained by tert Si and his autistic tendencies enplaned by having Fe in inferior.