• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mah Teecher at College Typed Me

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I took an official MBTI test for my career planning class.

E 6

I 15

S 13

N 13

F 15

T 9

J 5

P 17

I was given INFP even though I was tied on S/N.

I moderate
N slight
F moderate
P clear

So I'm an IXFP

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's what I got in college, down to the S/N being too close to call.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's pretty safe to say that most ISFP's are borderline N.

My official one also put me at INFP. But borderline F and P.

So INxx

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
It's probably more accurate to type people based on their eyes instead of the test.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a one-credit-hour class next semester that is supposed to be about learning styles, tips for success, and personality types. I really hope we take the MBTI test and maybe a few others :saturned:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got xNFP as the MBTI type test itself only tests shallow traits not just the deeper cognitive functions that actually occur. For example i test as a F due to having a high Fe for a ENTP.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've only ever been ESTJ :shrug:

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
I took an MBTI test in high school and got INTP, but I'm a little dubious of trusting that test due to the (wait for it) forer effect.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The basic MBTI type test only tests for shallow traits. If we did a MBTI type test on a mushroom it would test as a plant despite not being one if you look deeper.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah they gave me the MBTI in college, too, and I got ISTP.

I'm an ENTP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get INxP on the official test. People I know IRL who have some knowledge of this stuff think of me as an INTP (although my aunt thinks I am INFJ like her - nope); and when I try to argue why I am INFP (referring to Jung, blah blah blah), they tell me I sound like an INTP... :dry:
I notice most people's conception of an INFP is an enneagram 9 subtype. I think my 4w5 enneatype helps explain the close score on T/F.

I think as far as Jung's types go, the introverted feeling type fits me best and it is why I settled on INFP over INTP (more focused on value/meaning and the human condition than technical logic, but very much an introverted rational type). But in terms of the dichotomies and how my personality appears in everyday life, I am an INxP.

[MENTION=6877]Thalassa[/MENTION] You certainly strike me as an xxFP and I never questioned you were INFP when you first came around (ENFP didn't quite fit). I remember implying once I saw some similarities with you and my ESFP 7w6 sister. Being a 6, IxFP seems right.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I got xNFP as the MBTI type test itself only tests shallow traits not just the deeper cognitive functions that actually occur. For example i test as a F due to having a high Fe for a ENTP.

But I identify with Fi. And I have seen the funny-terrible insult descriptions of both MBTI and Socionics ISFP...the MBTI one is like crackpot/hippie, which is like me externally, no nonsense...and even though I type as SEE in Socionics, I totally laughed at the Socionics Fi dom, with Sensing supporting, being an annoying Bible thumping drag...even when I was agnostic I was always preaching at someone about some ethical thing or another in Internet posts or conversations at parties.

- - - Updated - - -

I've only ever been ESTJ :shrug:

Si is so consistent! ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have a one-credit-hour class next semester that is supposed to be about learning styles, tips for success, and personality types. I really hope we take the MBTI test and maybe a few others :saturned:

Nice! Mine was career planning and I had to do 15-20 hours of volunteer work, interview someone in my chosen field, and write a ten page paper on my chosen career goal (as well as an additional five page autobiography)...but the fun part was all of the personality theory stuff. It actually freaked me out at first that my workbook was filled with all this MBTI stuff, I worried I'd learn nothing about career planning...but it helped me get accepted at my chosen college for transfer.

I think my professor was an ENFP. I never got to find out. She disappeared on election day and we have had a sub ever since.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I took an MBTI test in high school and got INTP, but I'm a little dubious of trusting that test due to the (wait for it) forer effect.

Yeah I'm always dubious of the forer effect, but I realized over time I really identify with a lot of the same definitions...in different systems. ..except for the whole thing about ISFP being unassuming and lovable doormats, I've never been like that...but I'm also not an E9, and I honestly don't see that in Bob Dylan, Prince, Lana del Rey or Jean-Jacques Rousseau....I see revolutionary, subversive, opinionated people who put themselves out there for others while still acknowledging their own humanity and/or sensuality. People I live with always tell me I'm unusually quiet to live with, the way I shut doors or put away dishes, but aside from that I can't imagine a person further from "non-opinionated doormat" than I. I just don't fit ENFJ because I don't "meddle"...I'm like yes please give me my peace and privacy thank you and maybe that comes across to E types irl as quiet and unassuming. I think the INFX running my colleges Eco club is much more diplomatic. She's just like "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings" while being so ....ethical. I can't imagine being as ascetic as she is at 21. I'm all like ...yes....Se v. Ni. I think she's an INFJ. Could be an INFP. I dunno.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The basic MBTI type test only tests for shallow traits. If we did a MBTI type test on a mushroom it would test as a plant despite not being one if you look deeper.

It's fungi, it's still not animalia.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah they gave me the MBTI in college, too, and I got ISTP.

I'm an ENTP.

Dated a guy for a while who seemed ENTP but is totally ISTP like his MBTI told him. Contemplate.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's fungi, it's still not animalia.

Exactly thats what i mean. Fungi and plants share similar traits on the surface such as both not moving,having cell walls, having a root system but when you look deeper (Looking at cognitive functions) you will see they have literally nothing in common (Fungi "eat" while plants use sunlight for food, fungi use glycogen while plants use starch and so on).