• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Rant] INPs are overrated and take focus away from ENPs, and something about sensing

ENTPower

UPDATE: READ MY FOURTH POST IN THIS THREAD BEFORE REPLYING!

NOTE: If anyone who actually understands Myers-Briggs reads this, please correct me if I got anything wrong.

Tons of people who are an ENP are mistyped as an INP, which ends up causing them to take credit for things that ENPs have actually done.

This is so common that I really don't know what INTPs and INFPs are actually like; I'm under the impression that every INTP is severely autistic and every INFP is a suicidal emo, and anyone who isn't like that and is typed as one of those is actually an extrovert.

I see tons of people online (well, at least threads on PerC back when I was on there) who are confused whether they're an INTP or INFP. Those people are probably an ENP.

Another thing: I keep seeing people online not understanding that there's a difference between introverted sensing and extroverted sensing. Those are completely different. Si is "what's happened before?", while Se is "What am I literally sensing?". Of course, seemingly no one understands this, causing shit like this or this to be written, where the writer completely forgets that SPs and SJs are not the same. SPs don't necessarily "prefer reliability of information" or "stick to the rules like they will be whipped if they don’t"; those things only apply to SJs.

In the case of SPs, their preference is more like "I'd rather skateboard than play chess" than "I'll only do things that can be backed up with real-world data". Also, I've actually never had an issue communicating with an SP, while I've always had issues communicating with SJs; SPs actually understand things like the "big picture" and abstract concepts (as long as they're not really stupid), in my experience. SPs aren't necessarily afraid of change like SJs are. SPs get way too much hate.

TL;DR: INPs take credit for things ENPs have done, and no one understands that SPs aren't like SJs.

Last edited:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is so common that I really don't know what INTPs and INFPs are actually like; I'm under the impression that every INTP is severely autistic and every INFP is a suicidal emo, and anyone who isn't like that and is typed as one of those is actually an extrovert.

No. Can you at least explainwhy you think that?

I'm going to assume that you're exaggerating on the rest.

ENTPower

No. Can you at least explainwhy you think that?
I think that because it's hard for me to distinguish between a true INP and one that's actually a mistyped ENP. Based on what I read about the types, I think that anyone who ever did anything that doesn't have to do with logic is automatically not an INTP, and anyone who's not extremely emotional and doesn't try to be as nice as possible to everyone is automatically not an INFP. I want clarification on that.

I'm going to assume that you're exaggerating on the rest.
Yeah, I probably am.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that because it's hard for me to distinguish between a true INP and one that's actually a mistyped ENP. Based on what I read about the types, I think that anyone who ever did anything that doesn't have to do with logic is automatically not an INTP, and anyone who's not extremely emotional and doesn't try to be as nice as possible to everyone is automatically not an INFP. I want clarification on that.

I still don't get how you came to the conclusion that all INTPs were autistic and all INFPs is "a suicidal emo." Was that an exaggeration too?

I agree that INTPs are mostly logical. If they throw logic out the window too much then they should consider another type. I don't think INFPs necessarily try to be nice all the time. That would depend on what they value.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
>stereotyping

011.jpg

I think the problem is that people tend to create hierarchies of "excellence" in a given category when often many different factors are co-necessary for some particular outcome to materialize.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
ENTPs are petulant as fuck, and accomplish nothing but lots of talk.

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=29780]ENTPower[/MENTION] I think it would have been much more helpful and get your point/frustrations across if you hadn't made your thread title so divisive and offensive. It comes across as attacking/accusing, and reading your OP I don't think that was your intent. You're also being extremely hyperbolic and it's distracting from your points. I hope you don't actually mean those things as they're pretty nasty stereotypes, and nasty in general.

As for the content itself, I don't think ENP's and INP's have a lot of cross mistyping. Generally speaking from what I've observed over many years, the least likely mistype divide is between I/E, simply because the introversion and extroversion axis is the most easily defined and sortable for an indivual. Based on this alone I don't think there is a misspread as you might think.

Ultimately, I think you're focusing too much on tired stereotypes. If you hang around here for long enough, interact with members of different types, and read through the discussions many of us have on types and function you'll get a much clearer understanding and see a better representation of what these things are.

Enneagram
9w1
your tl dr is false -_-

where does the proof that INPs take credit for ENP's shit ever occur?!?! NOWHERE. You are pitiful at summarizingtruthful information and for that reason i must say you cannot have Ne or Se or Te or Ti or Fi or.. yknowwhat just stay away from all the functions okay? :( i think you deserve to be pooped on or something, but im not quite sure how to go about doing that ..:shock:

well anyways... idek what youre talking about here lol, please help me understand why i should believe you!!!!

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Tons of people who are an ENP are mistyped as an INP, which ends up causing them to take credit for things that ENPs have actually done.

I'm not here to defend myself, just curious about your reasoning process.

A) Had you been any other non-ENP type, you'd be equally wrong using stereotypes, but at least it would be a topic that could be debatable. But you are typed as ENTP, so your claims lose credibility. Let me ask you something: why is this a problem for you? Have we, INPs, taken credit for something great you've done? Why talk about credit as a type, when it should be individual credit? X did something. Does it matter if that person was ENTP or ISFJ? Do you feel like you've accomplished something in your own life if someone with the same type as you does a great thing?

B) Why does introversion strikes you as "trait of people who can't cope with life"? Maybe it's time to make an adjustment on what you've learned about dichotomies, because it seems to be really distorted.

C) Let's analyze this sentence:

"I'm under the impression (1) that every (2) INTP is severely autistic and every INFP is a suicidal emo (3)"

(1) "Impression" is one of the words you have to avoid when you want to make a point, because it's like you have no objective facts to base your premises on (which you don't actually have, but that's another problem).

(2) "Every"? Do you know how many INPs are in the world? And you're going to base your observations in how many of them? Plus, if your sample is taken from a personality forum (online), you should take into account who signs up in that site, why they sign up, etc. When you choose samples for statistics (or adverbial exaggerations, like "every"), you should take into account all the factors, things in common that your sample has. Otherwise it's like saying "all women are nuns", but you're taking your sample in a convent.

(3) Maybe you got the elements of your partial syllogism in the wrong order. How about "every" person that you diagnosed as "severely autistic" tends to have INTx stereotypical traits, and "every" emo you've ever met has INFP stereotypical traits, and not the other way round? (Using the previous example, you should have said "every" nun is a woman).

Last edited:

ENTPower

Alright, I'd like to clarify my "stereotyping".

What I meant was that due to all the mistypings of ENPs as INPs, I wasn't sure what true INPs were like besides their extreme stereotypes; I always assume people typed as one of the INPs who don't act like one of the two to be an ENP, because I'm so used to that mistyping (especially due to people on PerC back when I was on there constantly changing their displayed type). I meant that it was a bad thing that I didn't know what they were actually like. I want to know what they're actually like.

Look at my fucking sentence more closely: "This is so common that I really don't know what INTPs and INFPs are actually like; I'm under the impression that every INTP is severely autistic and every INFP is a suicidal emo, and anyone who isn't like that and is typed as one of those is actually an extrovert." I didn't only write "every INTP is severely autistic and every INFP is a suicidal emo", you people.

And actually, now that I think about it (and looked it up more), the whole "ENPs are mistyped as INPs and the type they were mistyped as takes credit for the things they did" really only applies to Personality Cafe, where no one knows shit about MBTI anyway. That part was pretty pointless.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPower is an admitted troll.

The thread is completely absurd.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Maybe we need to arrange an INTP party so you can meet us and be awed by our amazing hair. I don't know if anyone would come though. BYOB.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of this is legit criticism, IMO, especially the part about misconceptions concerning Se & SPs.

I agree that some ENPs mistype as INPs, but I don't think INPs are taking credit due to ENPs or that "every INTP is severely autistic and every INFP is a suicidal emo, and anyone who isn't like that and is typed as one of those is actually an extrovert". I understand this is for comic effect, but it is not doing much to help get rid of stereotypes.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the problem is that people tend to create hierarchies of "excellence" in a given category when often many different factors are co-necessary for some particular outcome to materialize.

It's almost as if correlation =/= causation.