• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Functions you find annoying?

Jaguar

None of them. It's how people use them that can annoy me.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Inferior Fe, dominant Fi, Unhealthy Ti or Te in any spot on a function stack, and inferior Se.

Inferior Fe because oh my god, IxTPs (though, specifically speaking on personal experiences with INTPs) don't know when to get over themselves. We get it, you're asocial and you are thoroughly convinced that you are better than us because you alienated yourself. It's like having a friend walk up to your conversation, interrupting it to say "I can't join this because I am too different." Like, okay?? Or, a better way to explain it is:
tumblr_mzrg0iI4oo1si4awpo1_400.gif

Dominant Fi because of similar reasons to inferior Fe. Except, instead of being self-centered in a cynical and obnoxious way, they are self-centered in an overtly sensitive and taxing way. IxFPs are tolerable until you disagree with them. Then they'll either go above and beyond to make you think in sync with them or they will pull the victim card and point fingers. You would think that individualistic people would support variety in thought but nope. Different is only good if it's their type of different.

Unhealthy thinking functions are so fucking obnoxious because they are edgy as hell, regardless if it's introverted or extroverted. If it's dominant and unhealthy, you have an aggressive bossy tryhard (ExTJ) or an aggressive loner with a singular hobby (IxTP). If it's auxiliary, then you get a petty know it all (IxTJ) or a button pushing prick (ExTP). If it's tertiary, you have an emotional flip flop (ExFP) or a ridiculing snob (IxFJ). And if it's inferior, you have a unproductive whiner (IxFP) or a needy pushover.

Any function at an unhealthy state is tedious and hard to deal with, but an unhealthy thinking function? Absolutely unbearable. And that's coming from someone who has been in a Te loop for a good bit.

And finally, inferior Se. Inferior Se isn't that bad compared to the others because I think it's the easiest to work on. INxJs just don't have reflexes man.... I get that I am outgoing and 'high-energy' but INxJs are like NPCs lagging in a video game with an already low framerate. Which is really tragic because they are a posterchild for ambitious projects. I don't know if this is a particularly an inferior Se thing, but INxJs refuse to acknowledge that they barely touch their toes without getting lowkey dizzy. What an odd thing to be stubborn about...

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Personally, I can't stand Ni. People who have it high in their stacking are absolutely infuriating to me. Same goes for Fe and Si, though to a lesser extent.
I'm just wondering whether it depends on type or life experiences? Maybe both?
So are there any functions that you dislike for whatever reason?

tumblr_m6nf0r5edN1rxevt4o1_400.jpg

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the record, my best friend's an INTJ and I love her more than anything in the world ;)

Well that's cool and all but I'm not an INTJ. I see what you mean, ofc.
My answer to this thread: Te can be quite abrasive sometimes and hurtful when they don't even have to be. Like, cool it with the "let's always be objective no matter what" thing, and instead let us hold hands and sing the kumbaya.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I get that I am outgoing and 'high-energy' but INxJs are like NPCs lagging in a video game with an already low framerate.

So true it hurts ;)

We can't help it. We were born with this ridiculous latency to keep us from world domination.

Cowardly

deactivated
Unhealthy thinking functions are so fucking obnoxious because they are edgy as hell, regardless if it's introverted or extroverted. If it's dominant and unhealthy, you have an aggressive bossy tryhard (ExTJ) or an aggressive loner with a singular hobby (IxTP). If it's auxiliary, then you get a petty know it all (IxTJ) or a button pushing prick (ExTP). If it's tertiary, you have an emotional flip flop (ExFP) or a ridiculing snob (IxFJ). And if it's inferior, you have a unproductive whiner (IxFP) or a needy pushover.
Delicious. Carry on.

And finally, inferior Se. Inferior Se isn't that bad compared to the others because I think it's the easiest to work on. INxJs just don't have reflexes man.... I get that I am outgoing and 'high-energy' but INxJs are like NPCs lagging in a video game with an already low framerate. Which is really tragic because they are a posterchild for ambitious projects. I don't know if this is a particularly an inferior Se thing, but INxJs refuse to acknowledge that they barely touch their toes without getting lowkey dizzy. What an odd thing to be stubborn about...
I see now where the question came from.
Inferior Se is only troublesome if it results in STDs.

Cowardly

deactivated
We can't help it. We were born with this ridiculous latency to keep us from world domination.
If anything, I think it helps me. Staying calm and aware of what I'm doing is a major part of being efficient. It's not how you look when working, it's the end result of that work what counts.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
God, I hate Fe, Si, Ne, and Ti, in that descending order. ESFJs really are the worst.

(But really though, I'm just annoyed with myself.)

á´…eparted

passages
Ne. I have the most trouble with this function, and I tend to have problems with xNxP types more frequently than the rest. While I can get along with Ne great, in other circumstances it drives me crazy because they'll actively oppose structure, or intentionally make things loose at the detriment of what needs to be done. I also have a difficult time following that sort of train of thought and I get worn out.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Inferior Fe, dominant Fi, Unhealthy Ti or Te in any spot on a function stack, and inferior Se.

Inferior Fe because oh my god, IxTPs (though, specifically speaking on personal experiences with INTPs) don't know when to get over themselves. We get it, you're asocial and you are thoroughly convinced that you are better than us because you alienated yourself. It's like having a friend walk up to your conversation, interrupting it to say "I can't join this because I am too different." Like, okay?? Or, a better way to explain it is:
tumblr_mzrg0iI4oo1si4awpo1_400.gif

Dominant Fi because of similar reasons to inferior Fe. Except, instead of being self-centered in a cynical and obnoxious way, they are self-centered in an overtly sensitive and taxing way. IxFPs are tolerable until you disagree with them. Then they'll either go above and beyond to make you think in sync with them or they will pull the victim card and point fingers. You would think that individualistic people would support variety in thought but nope. Different is only good if it's their type of different.

Any function at an unhealthy state is tedious and hard to deal with, but an unhealthy thinking function? Absolutely unbearable. And that's coming from someone who has been in a Te loop for a good bit.

I laughed so hard reading this. Thank you! :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Dominant Fi. Of course the health of the individual plays a role here and I don't automatically eliminate people based on it but when it's bad, it's real bad.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dominant Fi. Of course the health of the individual plays a role here and I don't automatically eliminate people based on it but when it's bad, it's real bad.

I totally agree.

But then I feel that way about all the other functions too, when they're bad, they're very bad. I would/do totally stay away from individuals of all types, if they're too extreme or are completely toxic/nuts/1000% self absorbed (and due to nature of it don't even know that they are).

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well that's cool and all but I'm not an INTJ. I see what you mean, ofc.
My answer to this thread: Te can be quite abrasive sometimes and hurtful when they don't even have to be. Like, cool it with the "let's always be objective no matter what" thing, and instead let us hold hands and sing the kumbaya.

No.