• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Repressed tertiary functions?

MadTeaParty

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I assume that we're all quite good friends with our dominant and auxiliary functions. After all, we do use them everyday. But what about our tertiary functions? Is it possible to see them as dangerous or wrong and fight against using them?
Eg. could an ENTP repress their Fe to the point where they deny needing/caring about other people at all? Or go against everybody/the society because they can recognise what's customary and know what's expected of them but they refuse to accept it, so they do the exact opposite of that?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:unsure: Maybe I'm not ESFP :shrug:

I use a lot of Ni in my actual job, unless it is my Se....I listen careful to my clients and use symbolism to explain the most subtle concepts of psychology....a bit like on the forum, but the other way round,

as on the forum I am there to bring help if needed but mainly to explore and understand unknown situations or concepts.

I think I don't use a straight Ni. I'm more prone to invent some new Ni :D and be creative, convincing my clients with my resourcefulness temperament and logic. What I like in my daily life is using my

intuition and observation to guess what's hiding behind the surface. I'm quite good at it. Not sure which function I use :whacko:

I like to explain what is going on in the facts, but I don't like to explain how I come to a conclusion. These are the secret ingredients of the chef :gleam: They can't be revealed to the public.