• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Differences in INFJ and ISFJ

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISFJs are the People's INFP. Many people are mistyped as INFPs are really ISFJs.

ESFJs are the People's ENFPs. Many people are mistyped as ENFPs are really ESFJs.

We have had threads on both recently.

SFs are the most common types for women, with 56% of women falling into those 4 categories.

Here is a chart

eb04l2n.jpg

Now, since INFJs are rare, but super common on the internet, there should a common mistype for them.

I was just wondering what others thought on this.

I wonder what the sample study groups yielded in terms of size of sample and location. Also, I wonder what tests in particular were given to them.

I agree with you about mistyping being abundant but that's across many types... probably most with internet N's really being S's and introvert/extravert crises.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Further elaborating on [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] 's mistype point and part of the reason I started this thread is because I ran into a classic example of someone being typed N on internet tests but is actually an S in real life. Only after breaking down the concepts and discussing it in some length and after some actual real time spent together were we able to see iSfj aligned better with this person than iNfj despite what the internet was saying. :newwink:

Btw, the digging we both did into it was pretty fun and educational :happy0065:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder what the sample study groups yielded in terms of size of sample and location. Also, I wonder what tests in particular were given to them.

I agree with you about mistyping being abundant but that's across many types... probably most with internet N's really being S's and introvert/extravert crises.

I have seen similar distributions from official MBTI sources. I do believe much of the mistyping is due to depression and lack of awareness of self.

Of course, INFJ gets a lot of people who like the description and unicorn aspect.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not fair! Why do INXJs get to have fun with their inferior, and ISXJs are stuck being worry worts?

No, but really your second point is probably the best way to tell the difference.

Much fun comes at a high price: dissociation, mindless driving, ultra high sensitivity to physical things (especially pain), inattention to time, death, feeling incredibly sick out of nowhere.

So next time you see a crazy driver that is not drunk or is affixed to a racial stereotype, think that person is an INFJ or INTJ. :wink:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. I think IRL, these two types vibe completely differently! Online it may be more difficult to tell.

In person, INFJ's have an abstractness, or on the other spectrum a looniness that gives them away. Like holding a balloon in the wind. They are anchored but they blow in all directions.

ISFJ's have quiet depth (same as INFJ's) but they are more a flag. Only blowing left or right. They are much more structured and organized in their ability to relay their inner thoughts. Even if talking about abstract notions it will less esoteric of an explanation.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is literally perfectly stated.

How so? What is meant by traditionally emotional? Emotions are so subjective, unless you're meaning the emotional objectivity that you consistently feel from the same people?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How so? What is meant by traditionally emotional? Emotions are so subjective, unless you're meaning the emotional objectivity that you consistently feel from the same people?

Cloudpatrol explained it in the rest of her post. Not people, but mental connections and trends, I suppose.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow. I think IRL, these two types vibe completely differently! Online it may be more difficult to tell.

In person, INFJ's have an abstractness, or on the other spectrum a looniness that gives them away. Like holding a balloon in the wind. They are anchored but they blow in all directions.

ISFJ's have quiet depth (same as INFJ's) but they are more a flag. Only blowing left or right. They are much more structured and organized in their ability to relay their inner thoughts. Even if talking about abstract notions it will less esoteric of an explanation.

Agree, N give a head in the clouds loony fun. One of my massage therapists was an INFJ. I was sitting in my car since i got to her house early nd she wasnt home yet. When she got home she grabbed a ladel and went to middle of yard to flag me down...lol. as opposed to just walkig up and knocking on window or text me. So she sat there flailing her arms jumping up and down until i saw her. I miss her, havnt been in years. Awesomeness...lol