• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do cognitive functions exist in an universal law excluded from human character?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lets give them a brain first :D

If plants know they are being eaten aka, reacting to it. Perhaps it's a slow process that we observe and not naturally recognise.

Little_Sticks

you cant prove language exist?
Are you smoking something?

By reading this sentence and your quoting the realm of the forms alone it is apparent you don't quite grasp that concept and its implications

What are you getting on about? Language isn't a part of objective reality. We interpret language and use it to communicate, but its meaning has no tangible form, much like typology. I mean yeah sure, as a series of symbols it can be tangible, but its meaning is not measurable, same as typology. And yeah fine, maybe that's not the same as a form that represents something tangible like a cup, where all cups have different characteristics, yet we understand the idea, but there's no need for the insult.

Jeez, are people always so quick to just insult people here?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If plants know they are being eaten aka, reacting to it. Perhaps it's a slow process that we observe and not naturally recognise.

I suggest you go and read more on biology before offering your uneducated guesses.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What are you getting on about? Language isn't a part of objective reality. We interpret language and use it to communicate, but its meaning has no tangible form, much like typology. I mean yeah sure, as a series of symbols it can be tangible, but its meaning is not measurable, same as typology. And yeah fine, maybe that's not the same as a form that represents something tangible like a cup, where all cups have different characteristics, yet we understand the idea, but there's no need for the insult.

Jeez, are people always so quick to just insult people here?
So reading your first line.
so.. you're saying that I can't record or somehow interpret language ... that it's just this magical thing that happens without any material outlet.
Language is information physically stored inside brains and shared via physical media (sound, visual 'written' forms). It can be interpreted by people or machines etc.

How is that not a TANGIBLE thing. Are you saying sound waves are not tangible because you can't put one in your hands ? If you push the volume up on a set of speakers enough can't you feel the effect of sound waves(vibration etc...) that's the same thing your ears react to...

I wasn't insulting you, I was just pointing out your philosophy for dummies interpretation is nough more than a simplistic thought experiment with no bearings on reality.