• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone ever wonder what animals/insects think about?

DreamBeliever

Does anyone ever wonder what animals/insects think about? I can't be the only one, right? I know this question is super random.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
all of the time :)

(I own a dog, I have reason for this interest)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Honestly I think the spookiest animal out there is other humans. Spiders, snakes, octopuses, bats don't spook me out nearly as much as other humans.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Honestly I think the spookiest animal out there is other humans. Spiders, snakes, octopuses, bats don't spook me out nearly as much as other humans.

they shouldn't scare anyone... spiders, snakes, octopuses and bats are adorable :wubbie:

Chrysanthea

The only animals that frighten me are the ones that populate quickly and invade my space... so humans and all the terrible terrible insects like flies and ants.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what I really want to know is what fish think... their eyes tend to look so vacant (though admittedly, most I see are in a fish market)

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what I really want to know is what fish think... their eyes tend to look so vacant (though admittedly, most I see are in a fish market)
I know what my betta fish, Sideshow Bob (may he rest in peace), used to think: "Kill Bart, kill Bart, kill -- oh, is that my food? -- kill Bart...."

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know what my betta fish, Sideshow Bob (may he rest in peace), used to think: "Kill Bart, kill Bart, kill -- oh, is that my food? -- kill Bart...."

Sideshow Bob was a very likeable evil mastermind, wasn't he? I liked the one where he saved the day and still got accused of committing a crime, anyway.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
There is some strange stuff going on. About 30 minutes before the OP started the thread, I was observing a line of ants walking around and wondering "What must these ants be thinking and do they ever think, 'I don't want to walk around all day'?"

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Not a lot for less intelligent beings, there is a threshold where actions are purely instinctual. I'd say complex thought processes are reserved to higher forms especially mammals.

For example I can look into a dog's or cat's eyes and know there's a lot of thought and feelings in there.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
More my own pets than the everyday animal... I had a very curious betta fish once who, LITERALLY every time someone walked into the room and moved, he would physically turn with them and stare at them to the point where it would make them uncomfortable and they would complain about it or leave. I often wonder why he thought staring at people was so fascinating. I've had multiple betta fish in my life, and never has any other one of them found staring at people interesting...

And once, I sat in the hallway with my door open to play with my hamster and I turn my head and my fishtank was right next to the open door, you could barely see in the room at all, but the tank was visible, and low and behold that fishy boy was right in the corner staring me down... he was a weird one. I miss him.

Also, I'll sometimes be outside and think, "What do birds think when people do some of the bizarre shit that they do?"

Insects--I don't ever consider. They freak me out and I want them to stay away from me

Kas

Fabula rasa
they shouldn't scare anyone... spiders, snakes, octopuses and bats are adorable :wubbie:

Spiders are not adorable :shock: nor cockroaches, rats, pidgeons(yes they too). So I don't want to know what some animals think about, I just want them to be far away.

Otherwise I love animals. I like to talk to them too;)
I had 4 dogs in my life. They had completely different tempers.
Now I have two. One is very sweet, sociable big thing to hug and the other acts like cat is an individualist, is very smart and careful. It would be nice to know what is in their minds.

Anomoly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Animals are telepathic

My hamster Nelly came upstairs while I was asleep in bed, and woke me up. She had blood on her. How she got out of her cage and came upstairs in my bed is a mystery, she had never been in my room before, but it seems that one of her babies had bitten her and i got the feeling she wanted me to evict the babies so she could get on with her life again..she never came upstairs and got in my bed after I seperated them:huh:

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder what language they speak in too. Would a dog think in barks? A cat in meows? Or whatever "human" language they're exposed to the most?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder what language they speak in too. Would a dog think in barks? A cat in meows? Or whatever "human" language they're exposed to the most?
dog-translator.jpg

(Good old Far Side. Never lets me down.)

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Possibly not languages but in sensory terms like sights, smells, sounds etc and internal feelings, deductions and knowledge - an unspoken language almost. This is going into cognitive function territory, isn't it?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, and babies.