• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Warm fuzzy teddybear description

Eve

Do you think this breakdown has any merit?

I don't think INFPs look warm on the outside, quite the contrary.

The others aren't that great. INFPs and INTPs can be reserved and unsocial when you first meet them.

Yes

xNFP's: Shy, sensitive, and moody normally. Can think well, but sometimes via projection, and can allow it to overwhelm them such that they become highly critical, which they later regret.

You could call INFPs shy, but not ENFPs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think the description of INTPs is that correct... it's more lukewarm outside and cold inside. ...

???! :cry: -> :ranting:

....fine... so what?! *wanders off*

xNTP's: Detached, observant, and analytical normally. Can feel concern deeply, albeit sometimes unconsciously, but are either unable to express it directly, or express it very awkwardly.

Yup, that sounds right.

I can emote pretty nicely in writing, for two reasons: (1) I've practiced it a lot more and (2) it's "detached" from my body and the actual moment of interaction.

In real life, I think that people can perceive that I care by my manner and the intellectual content of my speech, but the actual interaction itself is very clumsy and the words/manner are not spontaneous. They can tell it unsettles me to have to emote raw emotion, I do not know what to do with it. I depend on the other person for my cues.

I don't know if I agree with the others but for myself, as an INTJ, I find our description funny:

:yim_rolling_on_the_

INTJ = hard and cold inside and out

I prefer "hard and crunchy" myself. ;)

athenian200 said:
I guess the thing about INTP's specifically in this case is, I don't really get the impression that they're totally cold inside. I get the impression that they're very detached from their emotions, but that their emotions affect them deeply and often negatively on an unconscious level, and that it's in fact the strength of their unconscious feelings that makes them need to be detached so badly.

*poker-faced, hands clasped neatly*

Yes, continue?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I want to know how this applies to the extraverted N's. Something like...

ENFJ - relaxed on the outside, rampantly paranoid on the inside
ENFP - who cares, since they can get away with anything?
ENTP - deceptively warm on the outside, could go either way inside
ENTJ - fashioned by the gods out of granite

It's a work in progress (i.e. I just made it up off the cuff), so any refinements would be appreciated.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I want to know how this applies to the extraverted N's. Something like...

ENFJ - relaxed on the outside, rampantly paranoid on the inside
ENFP - who cares, since they can get away with anything?
ENTP - deceptively warm on the outside, could go either way inside
ENTJ - fashioned by the gods out of granite

It's a work in progress (i.e. I just made it up off the cuff), so any refinements would be appreciated.

Those were kind of exaggerated and funny, but the idea seems right. :)

I agree with the last three, and I think ENFJ too, if they're anything like INFJ. Some of them do seem confident enough that they don't seem paranoid at all, but maybe they're just hiding it well because it's weaker than in an INFJ? I think I'll ask one.