• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you like French bread pizza?

Lark

Do you remember when French bread pizza went through being a craze? Did you eat it, either the microwave or oven varieties or the home made sort? I loved making something like it for my lunch daily about eleven or twelve years ago.

What other sorts of food fads do you remember? Findus Crispy Pancakes was another I remember, I loved them too and still occasionally eat them.

Liriope

The problem I have with those is that you can't roll it up and shove it down your throat, which is the appeal of pizza.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do you remember when French bread pizza went through being a craze? Did you eat it, either the microwave or oven varieties or the home made sort? I loved making something like it for my lunch daily about eleven or twelve years ago.

What other sorts of food fads do you remember? Findus Crispy Pancakes was another I remember, I loved them too and still occasionally eat them.

French bread pizza isn't a fad, they currently sell lots. In fact I have a couple boxes in my freezer. Oven, never microwave.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In general, pizza and microwaves do not mix. It just makes the crust all chewy, like cardboard.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem with Microwaving pizza is that the first bite is a deadly game of oral Russian roulette as to whether it's been adequately cooked or not -- Either you get melted cheese on top with cold tomato paste ice shards, or it's biting into sodium filled liquid magma that eats through the roof of your mouth like acid.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I remember eating it as a kid for school lunch. It was a lot better than the regular pizza they sold. That means it was still pretty bad. Haven't had it in a long time though.

Lark

French bread pizza isn't a fad, they currently sell lots. In fact I have a couple boxes in my freezer. Oven, never microwave.

You're kidding, maybe I can still buy it too, going to look out for it, failing that I'm going to make some of my own. Tomorrow is friday, I'll do it then. It sunny here so I'll have a beer too.

- - - Updated - - -

In general, pizza and microwaves do not mix. It just makes the crust all chewy, like cardboard.

If you put water in a glass into the microwave with it does it not stop that.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You're kidding, maybe I can still buy it too, going to look out for it, failing that I'm going to make some of my own. Tomorrow is friday, I'll do it then. It sunny here so I'll have a beer too.

I have a 16 year old boy so I keep all kinds of easy to make stuff in the freezer. They're just the right size for me with a salad for dinner too. He too understands that the oven is far superior to the microwave. Or skillet for leftover pizza to crisp the crust.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
leftover mac and cheese is good if you throw it in the oven for a bit

Lark

I have a 16 year old boy so I keep all kinds of easy to make stuff in the freezer. They're just the right size for me with a salad for dinner too. He too understands that the oven is far superior to the microwave. Or skillet for leftover pizza to crisp the crust.

That's true. The trick with the glass of water is a good one for those times when all you have is a microwave oven though.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
agreed, in the microwave it gets gummy in the oven damn delicious. french break pizzas are here today viva le baguette !!!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. That's not pizza, just bread with a bunch of stuff on it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I prefer to call it freedom bread pizza.

No. That's not pizza, just bread with a bunch of stuff on it.

If you can put pizza on a bagel, you can put pizza on bread. Incidentally, yesterday, I was wondering if matzo pizza would be any good (I actually happen to like matzo; I see it like a big water cracker.).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I prefer to call it freedom bread pizza.

If you can put pizza on a bagel, you can put pizza on bread. Incidentally, yesterday, I was wondering if matzo pizza would be any good (I actually happen to like matzo; I see it like a big water cracker.).
You don't put pizza "on" anything. Pizza includes what the ingredients are put on, when that thing is pizza crust. When it is something else, it is not pizza. I have considered experimenting, though, and making, say, a Ruben pizza, with a crust made of rye dough, topped with corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and dressing.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember eating it as a kid for school lunch. It was a lot better than the regular pizza they sold. That means it was still pretty bad. Haven't had it in a long time though.

They used to serve us a monstrosity called a 'taco pizza'. It was neither pizza nor taco. Utterly disgusting. You could hold your spork down in the center and watch it fill with grease. Ugh.

You don't put pizza "on" anything. Pizza includes what the ingredients are put on, when that thing is pizza crust. When it is something else, it is not pizza. I have considered experimenting, though, and making, say, a Ruben pizza, with a crust made of rye dough, topped with corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and dressing.

That sounds delicious. You'll make this for the next forum get-together, right? (Let me know what your favorite dessert is, and I'll make it for you.) ;) I know there's a pizza place around here that has sauerkraut on the list of possible toppings, but I haven't had it.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
What other sorts of food fads do you remember?

images

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

According to your own definition, that Ruben pizza would not be a pizza. You didn't use virtual air quotes, either. I wouldn't consider rye dough to be pizza crust.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont hate it but I would prefer a good deep dish instead if I had the choice