• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trying to do zero carbs

Lark

Ok no white, void of nutrition bread. Read the labels. I would assume in NI they have 100% whole wheat bread. Or bread with multiple grains. One other you could look for is Ezekiel flax sprouted bread. Here, it's in the freezer section. You can also consider making your own low carb bread. The ingredients are much easier to find online than they use to be. But again, I'm sticking to the advice I gave you before. Please talk to a nutritionist about a diabetic diet. If you don't know a lot about food, that would be the best place to start.

Awh, sure, there's wheaten bread here but I find its pretty high in sugar, I wonder if the flax bread is the same as polish black bread or the bread that they make Rubin sandwiches with, I'm trying to remember what its called, there's more than one variety of it and I know that for sure, having eaten a proper Rubin in a jewish deli in London and made my own with the different things in the supermarket here in NI, I would say that my version was awful and no mistake.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7280]Survive & Stay Free[/MENTION] ...how is the diet?

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well....I suggest baby steps.

Also, just thinking about it is good. :)

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Periodically I try to start this again but at the moment its not happening at all, potatoes and bread.

You can always cut out one starchy thing and replace it with something high in fat. It could help you out a lot. Maybe these videos could help you too. :) :

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is great too.. he answers a lot of questions on medication. I can't even begin to tell you how many diabetics do great on the ketogenic diet. Whether they're Diabetes 1 or 2. I've seen and read so many stories of people getting completely off their Diabetes 2 medications and needing less insulin shots for their Diabetes 1. It's a miracle diet. They used to use the ketogenic diet to have those with Diabetes 1 in the early 1900s before insulin shots were created and it would prolong people's lives exponentially.:

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I totally agree with Biohazard...especially with just changing one small habit. Baby steps.

Example - drink a tall glass of water first thing in the morning. I think often when we're hungry, we're actually thirsty. That will slow down the urge to eat right away. Then you're one step away from fasting.

Or...when you do eat the potatoes, eat less than you usually do. If you get fries with your sandwich, just take a bunch of them and put them in a bowl. Then just limit yourself to the bowl? Or...eat a small piece of cheese in the morning (fat). That will dampen your appetite and you won't eat breakfast right away (if at all!)

Sorry to harp on this...it's just I think you can definitely do this if you want to. :)