• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fibromyalgia Question

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anybody else on this forum have fibromyalgia (or symptoms thereof)?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So sorry to hear you have this! My sister has a very severe case of it and has suffered horribly for years. I have had chronic pain that has been diagnosed as fibromyalgia, and I have taken various prescription medications for it, but I went off of all of those by choice when they were giving me bad side effects.

For me it was chronic muscle tension and spasms that caused a lot of pain and some involuntary muscle jerking, and including some vomiting from the pain. There would be a feeling of pressure throughout my body and it would feel like I way lying on the bottom of the ocean, which also caused a great deal of fatigue. I do think mine was stress related, and so it has been better during the last few years, but any type of chronic pain is really, really, really horrible, so I'm sorry to hear you deal with it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So sorry to hear you have this! My sister has a very severe case of it and has suffered horribly for years. I have had chronic pain that has been diagnosed as fibromyalgia, and I have taken various prescription medications for it, but I went off of all of those by choice when they were giving me bad side effects.

For me it was chronic muscle tension and spasms that caused a lot of pain and some involuntary muscle jerking, and including some vomiting from the pain. There would be a feeling of pressure throughout my body and it would feel like I way lying on the bottom of the ocean, which also caused a great deal of fatigue. I do think mine was stress related, and so it has been better during the last few years, but any type of chronic pain is really, really, really horrible, so I'm sorry to hear you deal with it.

Thank you for that. During my reading on the subject of fibromyalgia I have found that it is associated with the HSP (Highly Sensitive Person).
The Highly Sensitive Person –

That doesn't mean an HSP will have FM, but rather the reverse: A person with FM will be an HSP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

After re-reading that, it sounds like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It is easily confused with FM. I have a little CFS. I found that it is related to dietary issues, but I don't know why it would suddenly affect me because I've had pretty much the same diet since forever.