• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My 10k deathwish.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Being of the competitive spirit that I am, a co-worker challenged me to a 10k run and I could not say no. The date is the 24th of October so I've a month to train. Recent training regiment has consisted mostly of burrito lifting. I've the tall, thin body type and I used to jog but here recently I've tapered off.

Anyhow, I need some training advice. What distances should I be running in preparation? I was thinking of running two days, and then taking one off to rest/heal up until it was time for the event. I have a local track I can run, the 10k would be the equivilent of running 25 laps, I was thinking at starting out at 10 laps and working to increase my distance on a normal interval.

Any thoughts? Advice?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have no advice as I do not believe their is ever a time I need to run unless I'm being chased by a tiger or something.

But when I saw the title I thought you wanted to spend 10,000 on some contraption to kill yourself with, and were asking for advice. Not that I condone suicide but really are you trying to screw someone over? by spending all your money so they'll be no inhertance. Who pissed you off that much? why aren't you killing them instead?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wear 5 kilo ankle weights and run around your local track. When you take them off you'll feel lighter (and faster) than a speeding train. Like your flying.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm doing a run on October 11. I may do 10k instead of 5k. I've got a great 5k time and would do well, but I love the pace of a 10k more. It's more about consistent running whereas 5k is more of a sprint to get a fast time.

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
Being of the competitive spirit that I am, a co-worker challenged me to a 10k run and I could not say no. The date is the 24th of October so I've a month to train. Recent training regiment has consisted mostly of burrito lifting. I've the tall, thin body type and I used to jog but here recently I've tapered off.

Anyhow, I need some training advice. What distances should I be running in preparation? I was thinking of running two days, and then taking one off to rest/heal up until it was time for the event. I have a local track I can run, the 10k would be the equivilent of running 25 laps, I was thinking at starting out at 10 laps and working to increase my distance on a normal interval.

Any thoughts? Advice?

practice running 10k uphill so you will win. Cardiovascular endurance is the most important thing you should work on right now.