Thread: The Way Out

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by raskolnik View Post
    Jesus Christ. It's as though I could assemble any combination of words, from dadaist chants to CC++ code generation, and you wouldn't absorb a syllable.

But I'll do my utmost to get your attention, in the off chance that something makes it past that brick wall: capitalism is escape itself.
    Sorry, didn't read Deleuze.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Sorry, didn't read Deleuze.
    Thanks for upping my post count. Really high-end content, this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Thanks for upping my post count. Really high-end content, this.
    You're welcome.

-Zhuangzi

Socionics
    SEE Se

You're welcome.
    But I still want more from this encounter, so let me pick your brain a bit.

1. What is capitalism?
    2. How does it relate to MBTI?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

But I still want more from this encounter, so let me pick your brain a bit.

1. What is capitalism?
    2. How does it relate to MBTI?
    To tell the truth, I'm not convinced they're related, especially because the Soviets used a similar system.

-Zhuangzi

Socionics
    SEE Se

To tell the truth, I'm not convinced they're related, especially because the Soviets used a similar system.
    Lol. Even when numbers (to indicate order) and structure (to underline the topic at hand) are introduced does the message make it past that brick wall.

I repeat, what is capitalism? (We'll save MBTI for later.)

PS. Keep in mind that you've entered Mole space, a place where basic natural laws no longer apply.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Lol. Even when numbers (to indicate order) and structure (to underline the topic at hand) are introduced does the message make it past that brick wall.

I repeat, what is capitalism? (We'll save MBTI for later.)

PS. Keep in mind that you've entered Mole space, a place where basic natural laws no longer apply.
    Fine. Capitalism is a way of labeling things to improve efficiency, and because efficiency is bad, labeling is bad. Because MBTI labels things, it's bad. No need to discuss if it works or not. It just splits things into categories which is bad. Because everyone was getting along so well before MBTI came on the scene.

-Zhuangzi

Socionics
    SEE Se

Fine. Capitalism is a way of labeling things to improve efficiency, and because efficiency is bad, labeling is bad. Because MBTI labels things, it's bad. No need to discuss if it works or not. It just splits things into categories which is bad. Because everyone was getting along so well before MBTI came on the scene.
    Finally we're getting somewhere, but let me adjust those statements and remove the emotive baggage. By improving efficiency, capitalism increases return on investment, only to force the reinvestment of this surplus into new, efficient practices. And so on and so forth.

The reason escape and capitalism are so intimately linked is because of this self-amplifying model, where every attempt to minimize waste becomes an activity geared toward reinvestment. As such, anyone who moves away from centers of superfluous output--as in your case, from civilization to the desert--is actually feeling the brunt force of capitalism even stronger than before. The escape reinforces it.

Furthermore, one will necessarily fail as a leach in the desert, where resource efficiency is key. As an unemployed recipient of welfare and health care, however, there is at least a possibility of living without contributing to the economy, but it's admittedly difficult. One must never consume anything, never go online, and never engage in criminal activity that stimulates the supply chain of organized crime, as it generates money which is then laundered as tax revenue for the state. At this point, I should introduce the sayings of Oblomov and Bartleby, but I assume you don't read fiction, so let's just leave them hanging at the end of this dreary sentence.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Finally we're getting somewhere, but let me adjust those statements and remove the emotive baggage. By improving efficiency, capitalism increases return on investment, only to force the reinvestment of this surplus into new, efficient practices. And so on and so forth.

The reason escape and capitalism are so intimately linked is because of this self-amplifying model, where every attempt to minimize waste becomes an activity geared toward reinvestment. As such, anyone who moves away from centers of superfluous output--as in your case, from civilization to the desert--is actually feeling the brunt force of capitalism even stronger than before. The escape reinforces it.

Furthermore, one will necessarily fail as a leach in the desert, where resource efficiency is key. As an unemployed recipient of welfare and health care, however, there is at least a possibility of living without contributing to the economy, but it's admittedly difficult. One must never consume anything, never go online, and never engage in criminal activity that stimulates the supply chain of organized crime, as it generates money which is then laundered as tax revenue for the state. At this point, I should introduce the sayings of Oblomov and Bartleby, but I assume you don't read fiction, so let's just leave them hanging at the end of this dreary sentence.
    I was being a tad sarcastic, but now you've written something I need to digest. I'll try and write a real reply at some undetermined point in the future. It could be tomorrow. It could be years. Sorry about the lack of definite commitment to a timeframe.

-Zhuangzi

Socionics
    SEE Se

I was being a tad sarcastic, but now you've written something I need to digest. I'll try and write a real reply at some undetermined point in the future. It could be tomorrow. It could be years. Sorry about the lack of definite commitment to a timeframe.
    And I'll stand guard, holding my breath.