User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 25.00%
  • No

18 30.00%
  • Not anymore, but I have

21 35.00%
  • I would never

6 10.00%
First 678

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

I'm still on 150mg bupropion (Wellbutrin), but it's such a low dose and I've come so far with my coping skills that I'm not sure how much it's helping. I also take 25mg CBD oil twice daily and supplement with vitamin D drops.

I can't say I'm "cured" or that there is even a cure for the pain and trauma that life inflicts upon us (that is after all the nature of scars, which we all bear to some extent), but the surface has healed enough so that I don't have to walk around hiding behind bandages worrying that the wound will seep through the edges.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

Likes Yuu liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Also, I'd like to add that I think that some antidepressants work by numbing the ability to feel, which may be initially beneficial in a crisis, but after some time, if you are noticing a distinct inability to feel, I would consider a change in some direction as far as treatment goes.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ✨ Fi

I love my zoloft.
    aka Janet Beattitudes, woman about town. Kicking ass and taking names meekly, with love and respect for her fellow humans.
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

The main reason I am giving antidepressants a go to begin with, is because I have tried everything else. I got tired of putting up with it alone.

Now if only my therapy wasn't so awkward. I keep spacing what I want to say lol.
    Masculine republics, give way to feminine democracies. Feminine democracies, give way to tyranny.
    - Aristotle
    Likes Bismuth Blitz, Hexcoder liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My answer should change from "no, but used to" to "yes" but there's no way for me to change it.
    Fɪʀsᴛ sᴇᴇᴋ ɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟ.

“Oᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀᴍᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʟᴏᴏᴍʏ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ sᴏʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ, ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟᴇss ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴜs, ᴄᴏɴᴄʟᴜsɪᴏɴs ɢʀᴏᴡ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴜs ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜰᴜɴɢᴜs: ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴏᴡ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ɢᴀᴢᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴜs, ᴍᴏʀᴏsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀʏ. Wᴏᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɪʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢʀᴏᴡ ɪɴ ʜɪᴍ.”

—Nɪᴇᴛᴢsᴄʜᴇ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

When I was 15 they put me on antidepressants. My father convinced me I didn't need them and it was just a matter of circumstance and willpower, so I came off of them. A few years later I got fired from my job for depression issues. Some years after that I learned I was bipolar all this time. I had tried to fight it all on my own for years, but nothing I did ever worked. Eventually I accepted the fact that my father was wrong and I needed help.
    Fɪʀsᴛ sᴇᴇᴋ ɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟ.

“Oᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀᴍᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʟᴏᴏᴍʏ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ sᴏʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ, ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟᴇss ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴜs, ᴄᴏɴᴄʟᴜsɪᴏɴs ɢʀᴏᴡ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴜs ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜰᴜɴɢᴜs: ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴏᴡ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ɢᴀᴢᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴜs, ᴍᴏʀᴏsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀʏ. Wᴏᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɪʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢʀᴏᴡ ɪɴ ʜɪᴍ.”

—Nɪᴇᴛᴢsᴄʜᴇ