User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by The Grey Wizard View Post
    I don't do my own birthday party, or even really mark its passing; and I only host parties if requested. I suppose that might be why so many of my friends are introverts.
    Parties are great though, its great to entertain, I dont know why people dont appreciate it more or think of it as one of the pinnacles or great experiences life has to offer.

You hear about people entertaining to mark occasions or network or as a reflection of group or society politics but I think its enough to simply celebrate another day of living
    Likes The Cat liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Parties are great though, its great to entertain, I dont know why people dont appreciate it more or think of it as one of the pinnacles or great experiences life has to offer.

You hear about people entertaining to mark occasions or network or as a reflection of group or society politics but I think its enough to simply celebrate another day of living
    I do agree with you there, now is always a good time for a party. or at the very least a bit of merriment. some how some way. I do unbirthdays for myself, so it seems only logical to skip my birthday ^_^
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Likes Lark liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Grey Wizard View Post
    I do agree with you there, now is always a good time for a party. or at the very least a bit of merriment. some how some way. I do unbirthdays for myself, so it seems only logical to skip my birthday ^_^
    My brother and a friend and I one weekend all met up and spent some time around the marketplace eating food we'd not usually eat, oystars from a stall in the market (though my brother thought that he was food poisoned by that, I was fine), we bought a load of different sorts of cheeses, a load of different sorts of craft beers, watched some good TV in the shape of Ash Vs The Evil Dead and said we'd do it every month. I took a snap for FB and like the fact that now and again it shows up as a memory. We never did make it a monthly or regular thing, I'm sorry that we never did as it was great.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    This all sounds like so much work, and to what end? Cost/benefit fail, for the most part.
    Fe skills FTW.
    Doin' the old folks boogie
    And boogie we will
    'Cause to us the thought's as good as a thrill
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4y4asj3sjM
    (Formerly YUI)

Glistening Ruby The Blood Orange's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Helps reduce my depression. I like people, in moderation.
    Chase the adventure. Cherish the joy.

Cu·ri·ous
    adjective
    1. Eager to know or learn something.
    2. Strange; unusual.

INTP 9w1 2w1 5w6 so/sx

When I opt to socialize it’s to have a good time.

But I have to socialize for work and that isn’t always fun but that’s why I get paid.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by YUI View Post
    Fe skills FTW.
    An Fe user that thinks he knows what's best for the non-Fe users. I have never seen this movie before.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    An Fe user that thinks he knows what's best for the non-Fe users. I have never seen this movie before.
    I'm an Fi-user. I'm recommending for others what worked for me: That is, studying and improving a bit at Fe skills.
    And boogie we will
    (Formerly YUI)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Now entertaining, i.e. hosting or organizing a party, can sometimes be a mildly engaging exercise in planning.

Quote Originally Posted by YUI View Post
    I'm an Fi-user. I'm recommending for others what worked for me: That is, studying and improving a bit at Fe skills.
    If you find that helps you get something you value, then it is worth the effort for you. Others may come to different conclusions.
    They are quite gentle, really, but people avoid them because they are a bit . . . different.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Others may come to different conclusions.
    Of course. That's taken for granted.

In my earlier post I gave a short description of how I do small talk, and I listed what I described as "my rules on small talk," meaning that they're the rules that *I myself* use. (Though originally I got them from a self-help book.) I subsequently offered to elaborate further, and agentwashington was kind enough to express interest.

Anyone else is free to read my posts or not, and follow "my rules" or not, as they please.
    And boogie we will
    (Formerly YUI)
    Likes Agent Washington liked this post