• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's with all the denying of reality, gaslighting etc?

Litsnob

When I sit down at the computer, I don't know what to write, and I immediately feel an intense fear, it lasts a moment and I start to write. I enter the writing trance, time disappears and I awaken hours later surprised to find the clock has moved so far without me. Then I enjoy reading what I have written.

I wake at 6am every morning, take my computer to the free WiFi, have a nice breakfast, then with pleasure I open my computer and let it carry me away.

There is no hiatus, it all flows reliably without me doing anything.

I am quite like Mole, who are you most like in Wind in the Willows?

LOL-I hate to think it but I'm probably most like Badger. I am a badger-mole which is possibly a bit of an odd combination. I am introverted but not as timid as Mole. I can be reclusive but if you ask me to take charge and nobody else is managing it then I will, like Badger and I will be quite no nonsense about it. Possibly an introverted Ratty if that makes any sense. Perhaps part of the book's appeal is that I can relate to most of the characters in some way. Even Toad's damn the rules attitude is very appealing but such irresponsibility is not in me.

Your description of writing and getting so involved you lose time is very much what happens for me when painting. I am self taught as a painter, so my techniques are intuitive. I do not have a methodical way of painting a face or a banana, I just do it. After each finished painting I am convinced I cannot ever do this again because I do not know how I did it. This sort of fear does not show up with writing but I do experience the burning desire to write yet mental block.

Writing is in bursts as ideas come and I haven't got much routine in my life other than that my routine is to sleep as much as I need and wake whenever I do. It sounds marvelously bohemian and decadent but is really just the life of someone with an autoimmune disease living on a bit of disability insurance. I am not always physically or cognitively capable of doing the writing or painting I would like to. Sometimes I scribble notes and ideas.

I am very much read/response oriented so I read and keep a journal near me. Often I am scribbling notes, ideas, responses which may later become something bigger or are just part of my collection.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
People like to be in control and make others feel like shit and powerless, so they do it to keep people under their feet/thumbs, on their toes.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People like to be in control and make others feel like shit and powerless, so they do it to keep people under their feet/thumbs, on their toes.

I agree with this.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, I tire at times of the amount if dishonestly that seems so very prevalent in our society. Something I imagine mainly supposedly aristocrats are only supposed to know.

Mole

Permabanned
Lol, I tire at times of the amount if dishonestly that seems so very prevalent in our society. Something I imagine mainly supposedly aristocrats are only supposed to know.

It was the revolutionary bourgeoise who put the book, Propaganda by Edward L. Bernays, written in 1928, into practice in the top corporations and government of the USA.

In the USA the aristocrats were replaced by the revolutionary bourgeoise in 1776, just as they were replaced in France in 1789.

By contrast Australia was settled by the peaceful, aristocratic ascendency in 1788.

Dishonesty in your society from advertising to religion and religious cults, to foreign wars, is called propaganda, and it is normal and taken for granted. Critical thinking is almost unknown and certainly not welcome.

And interestingly history seems to be as unknown as it is unwelcome.