• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Facebook

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Destroys everyone.

Hmm, how so? Ive gone through periods of intense dislike (and like) for FB over the years. I do know people who struggle with depression/anxiety/comparisons/compulsions/envy, all kinds of 'not-good-enough-ness' and FB does seem to intensify these propensities. However, there are also many people that don't seem to have these issues, they use it more simply for connection/networking/hobbies. I've seen all kinds of studies showing general benefits and downfalls. Maybe FB just is. Kinda eye of the beholder. I used to freak out a bit in regards to personal info. I've come to the conclusion that you can never fully protect yourself, though, and living in fear is a shit way to live. If someone really wants to get certain info on you, they can and will. I take comfort in blending in with the pack, being unexceptional enough to not land on any radars. Now if I find myself feeling down or triggered by FB, It acts as an opportunity for self-inquiry. Most of the time, when I dig deep enough behind my feelings and reactions, I'll start to realize that I'm holding onto some pretty wonky beliefs and perceptions that don't hold up as much, under scrutiny. Even if I can't easily 'fix' it, or shift it, the awareness alone proves to be helpful to some extent. Anyway, I don't view FB itself as a 'problem'. It's as problematic as anyone allows it to be.