• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Repressed functions?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

I am curious how many may feel that their personality type may have been repressed or at least certain functions of it due to the family that you were born into? I am assuming this is more likely with Ne/Ni users, do any of you Ne/Ni users feel that your intuitive function is underdeveloped because you probably grew up in a family of sensors, perhaps because of this you devalued it or it in general was not valued by family, so as an adult do you feel it could have been stronger? Also any sensors who felt that their Se/Si was repressed due to a family upbringing? Intuitive parents perhaps felt you weren't creative enough or enough of a big picture thinker or not interested in the same things as them? Any other functions folks feel were repressed? Thank you again for everything.

:D

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

I am curious how many may feel that their personality type may have been repressed or at least certain functions of it due to the family that you were born into? I am assuming this is more likely with Ne/Ni users, do any of you Ne/Ni users feel that your intuitive function is underdeveloped because you probably grew up in a family of sensors, perhaps because of this you devalued it or it in general was not valued by family, so as an adult do you feel it could have been stronger? Also any sensors who felt that their Se/Si was repressed due to a family upbringing? Intuitive parents perhaps felt you weren't creative enough or enough of a big picture thinker or not interested in the same things as them? Any other functions folks feel were repressed? Thank you again for everything.

:D

I am a strong intuitive naturally but I've been made to do things constantly that are very sensor oriented. I've lived with an ESTJ father (also a cranky ISFJ grandmother who watched over me when he was off working and also bitched at me over everything) who were controlling as hell. I've had no control over my life thus, and when I attempted to resist I'd get hammered down. I end up with this image of this "rebellious brat kid" and start to believe it. That I'm in the wrong for being the way I am. Unable to express any negative emotion no matter how slight, which includes body language or sighs (which is my expression basically) so therefore I end up holding in until I pop. Despite being "so rebellious" I truly appreciate rules from a logical perspective, so as to keep some societal order. For instance some of my friends "hate cops" but I don't, I can see where some are coming from.

I want to create something in this world, make an impact, but often held back by this mental state. Wanting but unable to share what I want with the world in accordance to my vision. So I want to express in some larger scale but something holds me back. Thus, repressed. Giving way to avoidant schizoid tendencies.(5w4)

I don't really .. know what is repressed. Exactly. But I know something's off for how I should normally be that'll take a while to work out. I'm normally more assertive.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thank you and I sincerely hope that things improve for you in the future. It can take a lot of work to move past that stuff, but it is definitely worth it.