• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What to do about anxiety?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you guys manage anxiety? I have a lot of uncertainty about my future at the moment. The lack of closure is really getting to me, and I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to how I could handle it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
distractions, like for me i cook something just something to put you in the moment that requires focus and you like to do. that helps me a lot with oh god the future things i have no control over at the moment. but that's just me. and i don't have clinical levels of anxiety it also helps with paranoia for me like it gets my mind off of the thing for a bit. it comes back but the break from it is always welcomed

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
distractions, like for me i cook something just something to put you in the moment that requires focus and you like to do. that helps me a lot with oh god the future things i have no control over at the moment. but that's just me. and i don't have clinical levels of anxiety it also helps with paranoia for me like it gets my mind off of the thing for a bit. it comes back but the break from it is always welcomed

I think wrapping presents should take my mind off whether all the vague hints and puzzle pieces amount to anything. It's hard because I really want to know whether I should hang on to my hopes, or just move on and look for something elsewhere.

Mole

Permabanned
If we are introverted and anxious, our personal and social growth depends on learning how to relax our body and our mind.

So Relief Without Drugs by Ainslie Mears teaches a form of muscle and mental relaxation.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
If it's affecting your body, get a prescription for Klonopin. If it's only affecting your outlook, well, join the club.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I meditate and am medicated. Both help, the latter more than anything.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My younger brother is an ENTJ and works wonders with me in bringing everything in when I'm feeling overwhelmed. But, I on the other hand, calm him down when his plans fall to pieces or he's thrown a curve ball and didn't plan for it. I thrive off of thinking on my feet.

So, what kind of anxiety are we talking here? Big picture stuff? (my type of anxiety) or day-to-day, small picture things like my ENTJ brother?

It sounds like you're dealing with big picture anxiety, and with me, I tend to feel anxious over whether I am still on track to achieving my goals, and if what I'm doing is the best decision (big shifts and decisions). No one ever really knows that, but that still causes much anxiety for me. So if you're a big picture worrier, like me, try sticking your goals and plans on stickies or print out some sort of generalized to-do list and place those notes somewhere you will always see them in passing. This way you are reminded just what it is you ultimately want to do, and can make better-informed decisions that pertain to those big picture goals. When I structure my life to a fair enough degree, while still keeping my options flexible (I hate feeling locked into decisions) then I can better sleep at night. But for short bursts of anxiety and panic attacks (thankfully I don't get them too often) I take a step back from the situation or thing that caused it, and ask myself if it's honestly all that bad and throw so much logic into the situation that my feelings can't overwhelm me anymore.

It's hard to help you beyond what I personally do, since I don't know anything about your own situation, but hopefully my perspective can help get some ideas flowing for you :)

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can totally relate.

My only advice is: try to live in the present. Welcome each moment as it comes and rejoice in its joys and sorrows.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you guys manage anxiety? I have a lot of uncertainty about my future at the moment. The lack of closure is really getting to me, and I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to how I could handle it.
I have a lot of uncertainty about the future too, so I can totally relate. Though I just hope life turns out for the best. I keep in mind that if I try my hardest at everything I do, then I can feel okay about the result no matter what happens. Since I can tell myself I gave it my 110%.

So my advice is, try your hardest at everything you do. That way you can at least have that in mind, no matter the result.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do the best you can and work towards fixing whatever is causing it. I am a solutions person so I am always up towards fixing issues.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

You could try Ashwagandha. I don't buy into any Ayurvedic claims about it, but as a mild anti-anxiety supplement it seems to work pretty well.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My clients report that his works well, especially taken at night before bedtime. It also helps keep the bowels regular.

PTG-00146-13.jpg

Chamomile tea is a common one. Poppy tea is an old remedy for anxiety which is now a federal offense, thanks to government control. But if you can get some poppy seeds, you can make your own. It might be possible to use other parts of the plant as well.

Also, various essential oils used generously in various ways can help; diffused with a diffuser, rubbed on 'neat', mixed with a carrier oil and applied, or simply smelled out of the bottle. Lavender is widely known for its calming effects. Any scent which you like and relaxes you will work. The small oil particles can infuse the brain and cause a microscopic effect on tissues, so it's not just a hokus-pokus claim. It really works.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I saw the answers or others and therefore I will give you pretty direct NTJ answer : Are you sure there is nothing you can do to increase that low certainty ?

As I said in a number of similar threads: If there is something that causes anxiety I will make sure that this element goes away for good. This can take time but on the long run this is the only reasonable solution, if it happens that the element can't be removed then you should just make peace with it and make sure that you don't spend too much energy and time on this. However never allow the problems to pile up because it becomes exponentally harder and harder to solve them as they pile on one another. (I know that this sounds really really stupid but I am not sure that I have ever met NP person that doesn't have observable problems in this regard)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
However never allow the problems to pile up because it becomes exponentally harder and harder to solve them as they pile on one another. (I know that this sounds really really stupid but I am not sure that I have ever met NP person that doesn't have observable problems in this regard)

It doesn't sound stupid. I definitely have problems with this.