• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harvard study on "toxic workers". Who are they?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm Fe. I value harmony, so if there's a person causing problems at my workplace I use my evil Fe skills to help them (happily) find employment elsewhere.

If you don't get rid of bad people, good people are going to get upset and leave. I think attitude is more important than numbers.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is a confounding factor there. Losing a high percentage of your patients causes burnout. Of course, that means managers need to be more conscious of other causes of turnover, not less.
You're totally right. Compassion fatigue is a huge problem in oncology. And because it's a huge problem, we could never see less turnover in oncology than in, say, orthopaedics, no matter how good the managers are. There are factors beyond the managers' control.

Turnover's big, and for a reason; but that makes it all the more an easy target for blame-shifting.These managers would blame a mass exodus on the overall turnover rate in the field rather than looking at their own contributions to it.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]: Thought of another very quick solution. Slap some WD40 on the rod that holds the roll of tape so that there's less friction and so people can pull out more tape with less effort.

Someone needs to take WD40 and rebrand it as EfficiTape. Executive assistants would go hog wild over it.
You create a bunch that defines what 100% means. Then create one that does 10% more. If you move them all over it becomes that standard and is back to 100%
Also, this.

Oh, hey; Jane is performing insanely well. Let's place more stuff on her and then allow our expectations to gradually shift so that we take her busting-assedness for granted.

If someone performs 110%, and that becomes the new normal, and so they take on even more because they still want to give it their all.. well, that ends up becoming a massive amount of percents. Or something.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]: Thought of another very quick solution. Slap some WD40 on the rod that holds the roll of tape so that there's less friction and so people can pull out more tape with less effort.

Someone needs to take WD40 and rebrand it as EfficiTape. Executive assistants would go hog wild over it.

Also, this.

Oh, hey; Jane is performing insanely well. Let's place more stuff on her and then allow our expectations to gradually shift so that we take her busting-assedness for granted.

If someone performs 110%, and that becomes the new normal, and so they take on even more because they still want to give it their all.. well, that ends up becoming a massive amount of percents. Or something.

my mom rewards her department by buying them lunch for hardwork after a really taxing project she says it keeps motivation up. she'll have it catered by some really delicious local resteraunt. well not catered she'll spend like 300 on food and have a whole spread, that's also a good way to encourage motivation