• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strategic intelligence

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From what I know the concept of strategic intelligence is not widely recognized and I trully think that the concept should be fully introduced and stand togather with music intelligence, physical intelligence, intrapersonal intelligence ... etc. The argument for this is that not matter how much you mix other types of intelligence there is no guarantees that a person will be good organizer in situations that are not overly familiar.

Strategic intelligence should be defined as a ability that complex and unfamiliar situations are resolved with results that are defined in the start or everybody agrees that results are good. As the number of people involved, techological features and potential pitfals rises but results remain good that much a person is skilled in strategic intelligence.

On more personal side I am deeply frustrated that this concept is negligenced so much and it is even considerd as irrelevant where I live. You can get from first grade to master degree without solving a real problem, especially not a real life problem that involves coordinating other people or complex operations and for me this is a fatal mistake that can't be allowed to continue. In a way it is annoying to listen to people complain about their problems and how they live in the economy that is braking the bad economic records of whole Europe while they do not have any kind of a plan.

However even from global perspective situation is not that much batter and the very fact that problems are piling up pretty quickly says that there is a deficit of thinking in "action-reaction" department. What is one of the reasons why I am willing to lobby that strategic intelligence becomes fully recognized type of intelligence. Especially since all of your knowledge, capabilities, emotions and wishes do not mean much if you do not know how to put them to good use. I would even go so far that I would give children is schools homeworks that they have to go through a few strategic board or video games just so that all of them develop basic sense for realism and planning. If childern can learn all kinds of random facts for years the system should find some time for something important as this. After all good organisational skills of population are number one weapon from totalitarian mindset. However plenty of people clearly prefer doing without thinking where they are going. Actually I know plenty of people who have various kinds of beliefs and fight for them but they can't explain how exactly they will achieve those goals from our current situation. Or they may not see that there are clear contradictions in what they want, what condemns them to failure, partial success and waste of resources. However when you say something to those people you come up as the enemy, control freak or totalitarian jerk. (regardles or your tone of voice)

Because of this I have always felt alienated and perhaps even useless since what is perhaps my greatest strenght was never appreciated or it was even countered with shallow emotional values, need for fun and trust in authority, which was evidently improvising and has nothing concrete to offer. I have been so many times harmed by reckles behaviour of authority that I simply can't no longer take peoples words for granted or calmly tolerate circus that will get someone seriously hurt. My natural style of communication is to overload the conversation with Why, How, Where, Who type of questions and that regulary pushes people away since they need harmony. While to me it is not clear how can we have harmony when problems are piling up.

Do we all as societies need stronger social focus on strategic thoughs and principles ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Instead that I make a new thread I will just continue with this one since it never lift off.
Anyway this topic hunts me since all of this is a quite large problem where I live and therefore I came to one idea and I would like to bounce the idea of the people. There are dillemas how exactly to implement this but that does not matter. I am only after the general idea.

I am wondering if you would support something like this for a school project or a homework ...

Back in the early 90s there was a video game called Dune 2: The building of a Dynasty. At the time this was a revolutionary game since this is the first "Real time strategy" game that was ever made. From modern perspective the game si pretty basic but in theory it could run on anything without need to spend money. What means that students will be asked to beat the game on their own and they should get something like 3 or 4 weeks to do as an extra assignment. I mean if you are good at understanding required skills you can beat the game in one afternoon. My personal belief is that any person that does not suffer from obvious mental retardation can beat this if they put effort into this. Therefore this should not be impossible task for the students.

Why bother with this ?

This game is a real strategy game and in order to beat this you will actually need to use your brain and develop certain skills that are very useful in life. (especially since the game does not provide you with any guidelines) This game simply forces you to keep constant check on your income and expensses while at the same time you have to move your troops in a way that will result in victory and continuation to the next of 9 levels. Therefore through out the game you have to figure out how to keep your finances in check (there are no loans), you have to build infrastracture and think how to arrange your base, you have to build troops in order to keep your oppnents at bay and eventually start the offensive, you have to explore terrain in search for resources and attack routes towards enemy base, you must evaluate cost benefit in certain situations and/or determine is it more efficient to hire mercenaries (outsource) , you must repair, upgrade and maintain your infrastracture, you must understand what units are good for each roles, you must find a way how to manage your troops in a way that minimalizes looses and you must expect surprises.

Therefore when you sum it all the game teaches you how to run a system in efficient ways, manage your money, it gives you the most basic insight in crisis managment, critical thinking, it teaches you basics of emotional detachnemt and working under stress. Which are all skills that can be pretty handy in real life. The games such as Dune 2 are very TJ way of having fun and I do not expect that everyone will enjoj this. None te less I don't think that it is really bad idea to give childern in the ages from 12 to 16 one challange such as this one. They would not have to do this constantly it is just that at least one time in life they should experience somehing like this. There are childern that constantly play this kinds of video games hower there are childern that due to various reasons never experience the sense of complete control and responsibility and therefore they never start to develop skills that might push them further in career/life. Therefore it is reasonable that education system provides this one task that will get children started in this area. One of the reasons why I am suggesting so old game is because the graphics are very basic and therfore the violent component is not explicit as in modern games. Plus graphics are not distracting , what makes it easier to focus on basic ideas. I have started to play this at the age of 7 and that was too early for something like this, however many skills that I have today have root in this old game and to be honest I am not sure that I would ever get those out of my FP parents or education system.

Here is how the game looks like. The video is almost two hours long and therefore you are free to jump over the video if you like.

Therefore in the end when the deadline passes after a few weaks there should be a few short classes about impressions and conclusions. Which would slowly grow into into disscuasion "What is war?" and violent content in media.

Do you think that you are missing something like this in your education/life ?
Would you participate in something like this ?
How do you feel about your childen going through something like this one day ?

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You, along with majority of humans, still believe this world isn't a 'messed up place' , that's very INFPish of all of you.

Now you think anyone would bother improving society?
There are many devoted people, who will be no more than tributes, otherwise people who climbed up the ladder had to put down an Fi code with every step up.
Do you see what I mean?
The world has always been like this, there's no such a thing as pre-historic humans, there were always majority of humans living with normal standards, a group of savages here and there across the world, and extremely intelligent individuals who's identities were often hidden.
Who runs the world? Greed.
Some nations are misguided, some are brainwashed, some are lazy, all circumstances are put exactly how the major greedy people want them to be in order to harvest most resources.
Some locations has to be safe, there are banks there, others has to be chaotic, in order to create distraction, so they can sneak and steal.

It makes me laugh how people bring up 'educational improvement' when education is sold nowadays, why? because the greedy people are unfortunately powerful, they got slaves who sold themselves out, it's dirty just like gambling over humans.
Those people don't want the rest of the world to improve, so they make entertainment free, they spread all kinds of distraction to mislead people, especially the beliefs that tells people to do good. Because according to (whatever that's good) they have to be punished.

Now I don't have hopeful expectations about understanding what I've just wrote.
Because everyone has to understand what you've wrote first, then what part I'm replying.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You, along with majority of humans, still believe this world isn't a 'messed up place' , that's very INFPish of all of you.

Now you think anyone would bother improving society?
There are many devoted people, who will be no more than tributes, otherwise people who climbed up the ladder had to put down an Fi code with every step up.
Do you see what I mean?
The world has always been like this, there's no such a thing as pre-historic humans, there were always majority of humans living with normal standards, a group of savages here and there across the world, and extremely intelligent individuals who's identities were often hidden.
Who runs the world? Greed.
Some nations are misguided, some are brainwashed, some are lazy, all circumstances are put exactly how the major greedy people want them to be in order to harvest most resources.
Some locations has to be safe, there are banks there, others has to be chaotic, in order to create distraction, so they can sneak and steal.

It makes me laugh how people bring up 'educational improvement' when education is sold nowadays, why? because the greedy people are unfortunately powerful, they got slaves who sold themselves out, it's dirty just like gambling over humans.
Those people don't want the rest of the world to improve, so they make entertainment free, they spread all kinds of distraction to mislead people, especially the beliefs that tells people to do good. Because according to (whatever that's good) they have to be punished.

Now I don't have hopeful expectations about understanding what I've just wrote.
Because everyone has to understand what you've wrote first, then what part I'm replying.

Don't you think that this is a little bit too cynical worldview ?

Sure, you are correct in many ways but that does not mean that this the absolute truth or that this can't be changed. I mean this is not an easy task but I think that it is doable and it should be done.
To tell you the truth I used to think more like you and then I realized that I am from day to day listening depressed/paranoid people that are living in fuc*** up country. What changed me since I realized that most of this worldview comes from bad expriences, what has pushed me into mindset that I face the challanges and messy reality.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

So you are another cynical person ?

To be honest I am tired cynism. That picture shows somthing that can be found in the real world but that says nothing about potential or what can be done differently.
The reasons why I have opened this thread is because I think that learning people how to make decisions helps in stabilization of the overall situation. Since this provides balance of power that in in many places needed quite a bit.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No. I am a realist. The image depicts realism. The well-off are happy, the disadvantaged are unhappy. I thought the pic was relevant and in agreement with your statement.

A cynic would put all the fish complaining about some plight. I think.

You did not get what I am saying. That is realism but in my opinion accepting that realism as the only way things could be is cynism.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Don't you think that this is a little bit too cynical worldview ?

Sure, you are correct in many ways but that does not mean that this the absolute truth or that this can't be changed. I mean this is not an easy task but I think that it is doable and it should be done.
To tell you the truth I used to think more like you and then I realized that I am from day to day listening depressed/paranoid people that are living in fuc*** up country. What changed me since I realized that most of this worldview comes from bad experiences, what has pushed me into mindset that I face the challenges and messy reality.

When you win the maze. You get recognized.
Then You either get used or destroyed.
I'm not playing this game, are you?

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think I do.
But to be honest I am not sure that I understand what you mean with this.

In other words, when someone becomes effective, they are either used, forced to join their men, or destroyed because the person is in the way.
So, I choose to be a locked chest thrown at the ocean with no keys.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dune 2 was fun. Crazy how do many copycat games used harvesting....

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In other words, when someone becomes effective, they are either used, forced to join their men, or destroyed because the person is in the way.
So, I choose to be a locked chest thrown at the ocean with no keys.

I must say that you sound like a younger version of me. However with time a person realizes that you can't live like this because this is not living. I went through everything there is: war, disfunctional society, decades of economic depression, surrounded by cynical, depressed or even hungry people etc. And in the end realized that nothing of that will solve itself if I will just keep surviving, in really bad times this is a nice strategy but if your life is reduced purely to this than you have a problem.

Therefore I have openly started to influence my evironment in a way that is constructive and accusing people for lines that are obvious BS. This is not 100% ideal but there are certain results, which keep you going.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Dune 2 was fun. Crazy how do many copycat games used harvesting....

ENFJ playing Dune. That is not something you see every day. :D

Well, basically all of them had some sort of harvesting since such games can't function without resource gathering of some kind.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I must say that you sound like a younger version of me. However with time a person realizes that you can't live like this because this is not living. I went through everything there is: war, disfunctional society, decades of economic depression, surrounded by cynical, depressed or even hungry people etc. And in the end realized that nothing of that will solve itself if I will just keep surviving, in really bad times this is a nice strategy but if your life is reduced purely to this than you have a problem.

Therefore I have openly started to influence my environment in a way that is constructive and accusing people for lines that are obvious BS. This is not 100% ideal but there are certain results, which keep you going.

Alright then. start with me.
You can easily notice how young I am.
I'm chaotic. Just look at my other posts, filled with grammar mistakes, and my words so loud.
I could use a lighter, more effective way of making things happen without screaming or yelling.

Now teach me, with your strategies, make me your first student.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I dunno if this what you want, but maybe. I think it comes down to the rich think the poor are lazy and the poor think the rich are greedy and it doesn't matter if that's true or not. I don't think the poor are lazy they work harder than most other people, and yeah i do think some rich are greedy but you know a lot of poor people if they end up rich will also be greedy. i think what the issue is a lot of world issues most of can't solve by hating everyone else and blaming people for stuff. i can't feed the hungry on my own, but i can offer someone a sandwhich. I am lazy but this isn't about me this about the world. what i'm trying to say is instead of looking at who's causing the problems (which is what i see happening) why not focus on the problem and fix that in my country not enough money for medical or education lets fix those things. i'm sorry i lost my train of thought. i don't think the world is not fucked up because it is, and there is lttle i can do in the big scheme but i can do small things.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ playing Dune. That is not something you see every day. :D

Well, basically all of them had some sort of harvesting since such games can't function without resource gathering of some kind.

Why can't a ENFJ enjoy strategic thinking? Or video games?

For myself, I spent many years rejecting my Fe as a coping mechanism.... and tested ISTP.

I always felt the resource gathering was silly in other games.... it was unnecessary. They just couldn't come up with a better pattern for the games....

Permabanned
Instead that I make a new thread I will just continue with this one since it never lift off.
Anyway this topic hunts me since all of this is a quite large problem where I live and therefore I came to one idea and I would like to bounce the idea of the people. There are dillemas how exactly to implement this but that does not matter. I am only after the general idea.

I am wondering if you would support something like this for a school project or a homework ...

Back in the early 90s there was a video game called Dune 2: The building of a Dynasty. At the time this was a revolutionary game since this is the first "Real time strategy" game that was ever made. From modern perspective the game si pretty basic but in theory it could run on anything without need to spend money. What means that students will be asked to beat the game on their own and they should get something like 3 or 4 weeks to do as an extra assignment. I mean if you are good at understanding required skills you can beat the game in one afternoon. My personal belief is that any person that does not suffer from obvious mental retardation can beat this if they put effort into this. Therefore this should not be impossible task for the students.

Why bother with this ?

This game is a real strategy game and in order to beat this you will actually need to use your brain and develop certain skills that are very useful in life. (especially since the game does not provide you with any guidelines) This game simply forces you to keep constant check on your income and expensses while at the same time you have to move your troops in a way that will result in victory and continuation to the next of 9 levels. Therefore through out the game you have to figure out how to keep your finances in check (there are no loans), you have to build infrastracture and think how to arrange your base, you have to build troops in order to keep your oppnents at bay and eventually start the offensive, you have to explore terrain in search for resources and attack routes towards enemy base, you must evaluate cost benefit in certain situations and/or determine is it more efficient to hire mercenaries (outsource) , you must repair, upgrade and maintain your infrastracture, you must understand what units are good for each roles, you must find a way how to manage your troops in a way that minimalizes looses and you must expect surprises.

Therefore when you sum it all the game teaches you how to run a system in efficient ways, manage your money, it gives you the most basic insight in crisis managment, critical thinking, it teaches you basics of emotional detachnemt and working under stress. Which are all skills that can be pretty handy in real life. The games such as Dune 2 are very TJ way of having fun and I do not expect that everyone will enjoj this. None te less I don't think that it is really bad idea to give childern in the ages from 12 to 16 one challange such as this one. They would not have to do this constantly it is just that at least one time in life they should experience somehing like this. There are childern that constantly play this kinds of video games hower there are childern that due to various reasons never experience the sense of complete control and responsibility and therefore they never start to develop skills that might push them further in career/life. Therefore it is reasonable that education system provides this one task that will get children started in this area. One of the reasons why I am suggesting so old game is because the graphics are very basic and therfore the violent component is not explicit as in modern games. Plus graphics are not distracting , what makes it easier to focus on basic ideas. I have started to play this at the age of 7 and that was too early for something like this, however many skills that I have today have root in this old game and to be honest I am not sure that I would ever get those out of my FP parents or education system.

Here is how the game looks like. The video is almost two hours long and therefore you are free to jump over the video if you like.

Therefore in the end when the deadline passes after a few weaks there should be a few short classes about impressions and conclusions. Which would slowly grow into into disscuasion "What is war?" and violent content in media.

Do you think that you are missing something like this in your education/life ?
Would you participate in something like this ?
How do you feel about your childen going through something like this one day ?

I used to design base mockups in graph paper during my 9-5 job.

Ultimately I figure to just base crawl and overpower the enemy with base defenses was the most cost effective way to win.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think strategy is a good concept to teach in school. I use it hit or miss in real life. I plan to a degee, but the best plans are not only lead astray, goals and desires change as you go along so the strategy has to adapt and change.

I frustrate my brother with some games because he is like, you should strategies and figure out how to do this, I just go in head first and die over and over. Eventually I get so good at fighting from pure experience it makes things easy without needing strategy. Kinda how I go about alot of things. I become so good I don't need to really strategies or plan much.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Alright then. start with me.
You can easily notice how young I am.
I'm chaotic. Just look at my other posts, filled with grammar mistakes, and my words so loud.
I could use a lighter, more effective way of making things happen without screaming or yelling.

Now teach me, with your strategies, make me your first student.

I am not sure that this can be done over the internet but I will try to write the basics.

My life was always more or less lousy, in the physical sense it was not that bad but in emotional sense was basically a complete disaster since the country was hit by a war and later that created a tons of consequences out of which it was difficult to stabilize the whole society. In the end my life finally broke down when I was 25 when I was expelled out of university for the second time because of another administrative mistake (they let me in by mistake). And then I have realized that I have to take more serious roll and more determied additute in life. First I was doing pretty much everything just on myself and then I have started to expand on people closer to me and general living conditions. Most people see me as a control freak but in the end they do not have much to lose in taking my advice because I trully try to fix the person, situation or a problem. In a way I have started to act like a saint or something but to be honest I do not really think that is a bad thing. In a way this is much more liberating and satisfying than my withdraw cynism that was my typical everyday worldview.

My advantage in the whole situation was that I was always pretty calm person that is not overy dramatic. If you want to stabilize your life (what is not always possible) you need two things. You have to make peace with yourself or start paying more attantion to yourself (if you are not doing that) and you need knowledge. This sounds terribly corny but it is true. Making peace with idea that you have a problem and that it is not going to go away on its own is one of most basic foundation of healthy life. I am person that always had overly protective parents and that has kept me from engaging world in a more direct manner, what would not be so bad that they are not pretty bad problem solvers for the most part. However as the years go by I have realized that not many things can make a man happy as having a direct impact on the world while at the same time you know exactly what you are doing.

If your starting postion is that you do not love yourself and no one else does for the most part you need to find a way to accept what you are. I had a very high ambitions and that dream has collapsed due to many reasons but indirectly that has helped me to accept myself on a more realistic level. I have accepted that I will probably never manage to do all the things I wanted since the life is too short and I am born in a wrong place and in wrong time if I want to be so grand and smart. However I must say all off my thoughts until this point were crap in a certain way because they do not really mean anything if behind them there is no follow up in action. I have spent decades in learning but to tell you the truth over the last 5 years when I have actually stated to do things and activated myself I have achieved more than in the previous two decades, that were in a way lost if we do not count usefulness of knowledge gained at that time. The trick is that you have to see yourself as a in realitic way and that is a person that wants to go up instead that you are supreme ruler that can shoot down at any time. I mean you can try that but it probably will not be long untill reality grounds you.

Once you get yourself in order you can start influencing your environment.

I was rised in a way that I distort the truth and say half truth because that will preserve me from problems. However I was never trully happy with this. Therefore I have started to say the truth or at least what I am pretty sure it is the truth. Sounds stupid but in a way this truly helped me being confortable with myself, because if I am not lying I am clean and automatically have much more relaxed time in life because with this I do not have to worry of being caught. Plus there is this sweet feeling of having advandage over the others, because they have to hide things and you are free to enjoy life. Unless of course the environmet is so corrupt that you can't have a normal life at all.

Also I have realized that truly good person can have a very easy time attracting people to self because most of people are just scared childern that are terrified that they will not have a nice life or that they will not have one at all. In a way that is probaly how the whole "religion thing" started in the first place. When people realize that you are not manipulative liar and egomaniac they will want to listen what you have to say much more often. In a way that is exactly what happend between you and me. The trick is that if enough people see you as a trustworthy they will have good opinion of you and you will have easier time influencing them. What will allow you to stabilze your environment at least to some degree and you will feel as a whole and successful person.

What all of this means in more concrete manner ?

I suppose that this can wary from person to person and environment to environment. However there are a few guidelines that can be pretty universal.
Most people know this or they know it instinctively however I have wrote this because this way these approaches towards life are defined and perhaps people can start to think about this in a less abstract way. Especially since most of their problems are quite concrete.

1. If you live in a place that is unstable, unpredictable or generally unsafe it is good to search for people who are likeminded to you and are frustrated with whole situation just as you are. Usually they are somewhere in corners and isolated places since they are trying to stay away from trouble.

2. If you do not know how to do something find someone who can teach you or a book that contains all the information. I trully think that competency is one of the most important traits of any person. Lack or supreme competency will totally effect a persons life and it is better to have this one in positive effect zone. It may happen that what you are going thought in official education may not satisfy you (what is pretty common picture these days) and therfore you should study anything what you desire as a side project on official education. When I say study I trully mean study instead of reading random shit on the internet about the topic and finding a new topic that interest you every day. Go in depth in a few things that trully interest you, this world is full of people who think they are experts and they have barely scratched the surface.

3. When you see that time is right talk to people about doing something. You are NTJ and you are free to make the the whole idea in detail and then ask others to join you in realization. If possible try to target something that creates problems to other people around you as well. What is important since by doing that you insure support from others and you get community problem out of the way what allow others to spend time on something else. Most people are reactive by nature and they will not start anything if someone does not suggest them that first.

4. When you see that there is a person that is constant source of problem try to study it and figure what is wrong. If you see that the person is normal but it is it is just unhappy or very stressed try to drag this person out of that loop. Sometmes this is not that hard, a single fully open but calm converation can make a difference. If by some reason you come to realization that a person is complete maniac makes sure that you keep the distance. Or if you are sure of yourself make sure that the person loses social respect since people around will probably also be tired of their shit. (but this is a big and risky move) However in countries and places where law doesn't not mean much this is sometimes the only reasonable option on the long run.

5. Try to grow some of your own food. It is quite a job to grow all of your food but you can do some. My grandmother was a pesant girl from countryside so she thought me how to do it and on most of years I was growing a part of my food, I am finding this to be a fulfiling exprience. If nothing you can just take a few seeds from fruit/store, plant them into hand of more quality soil and put them into the ground so that you can watch them grow. What can be a pretty plesant experience as the years go by and tree grows into very large proportions. Not to meantion that such food tastes much batter than most of stuff you can buy and in a way you also save some money you can spend on something that makes you happy. Unless if you live in a very polluted or very urban area, in that case you can forget this.

6. Try to keep your body functional. If you have problems do not allow that problem to pile up (this works for everything in life). Just don't eat crap , eat about 1800 Kcal a day if you do not do plenty of physical work, and spend all of your energy on walking and making all of your planned desires happen. Making stuff happen can keep person healthy physically and mentally.

7. Know to pick your fights and draw the lines you will not cross no matter what. Often people will say to you "who knows what future stores for us .... bla bla" but if you manage to dvelop your will to such degree that you will not cross certain lines there is a good chance that those things/situations will not happen because you have blocked the possibility of that from happening by deciding that you will not even go there. I mean how many people can force you to do something bad and you will not be able to resist in any way ? It can happen but in everyday probably no one will push the issues so far that this thows you out of balance completely and forces you to do something that you do not want.

8. Do not spend too much time on the internet. I mean if you do don't focus too much on random chat, facebook and similar stuff. Most people use way too much time on this and there is no real gain in that. For example if you calculate how much time is invested in this and it can be easily realised what they could have learned/do in that amount of time: new language, they could have repainted and repaired their house, they could have do something on local/community level, they could have went through some interesting books etc. Instead they are hanging on the internet and in the end of most days they are aware that they did nothing and that they do not really know how world works. Because they are aware of the fact that the internet is full of nonsense.

9. Make yourself some kind of list of things you want to do over certain period of time. People say "I have my plans bla bla" but untill you don't put that in paper just have ideas flowing through your head. You can constantly change something or quit but once you have it on paper the idea becomes much more concrete and therefore it is easier to follow the plan because idea is static. (unlike when it is just in the head)

Baically this model of living relies on cleaning all the problem you can find in your environment, excessive learning as well as creating the atmosphere where people are not in their pessimistic cynical modes. What is pretty dangerous mood because it doesn't allow a person to see things in realistic fashion, what is in my opinion potential and not the real current status of things. The main reason why I have started this thread is because I saw that people struggle with making concrete action. We live in the age when never so many people around the world is stuck in their lives, while one the other hand the world is slowly starting to fall apart piece by piece, since no one knows how to run anything on large scare . Everything is improvised, rules are constantly remade or upgraded, most of people don't understand the importance of coordiantion between elements, verious trend are spinning out of control and no one cares ... etc. There is plenty of talk about this but nothing that would do realy make a change. The very word "change" has become a synonym for "spining in circles".

Therefore I thought that children from earlier years should be engaged into classes that explain how to organize stuff in more concrete fashion or they give expereince. I am not sure about other countries but this are stuff that no one ever though me openly at school and without that you have nothing, because even what people know they will not be able to trully implement without developing some Strategic intelligence.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Why can't a ENFJ enjoy strategic thinking? Or video games?

For myself, I spent many years rejecting my Fe as a coping mechanism.... and tested ISTP.

I always felt the resource gathering was silly in other games.... it was unnecessary. They just couldn't come up with a better pattern for the games....

That is not what I said.
It is just that I did not expect that the ENFJ will be the first to say "I liked this game".

There were experiments with different patterns but none fo that worked or had the real strategy feel as resource gathering.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP

Many people do fit in your paradigm, but your ability to understand and express this is a testament to the resistance. Society is compromise, and the more intelligent people weighing on the side of harmlessness and growth, the further the median will shift.