• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"rude" to a uni lecturer?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hang on for a sec...

Why are we fighting over something (bullying) that hasn’t even happened here? :laugh:

From what I’m seeing, OP here merely perceived being attacked by cap, which in turn is sidetracking us into this discussion when the “root cause” doesn’t even exist.

Anyway... :popc1:

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
Hang on for a sec...

Why are we fighting over something (bullying) that hasn’t even happened here? :laugh:

From what I’m seeing, OP here merely perceived being attacked by cap, which in turn is sidetracking us into this discussion when the “root cause” doesn’t even exist.

Anyway... :popc1:

Well he turned the tone based on some odd agenda. As have you, incidentally.
I don't tolerate bullying. I don't see why that's a negative thing.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Was there something in the tone? You said she said that you would be a, "credit to any employer and that I was a 'smart-arse' and that I should go far". I don't see the bullying. It might be what I would call a gentle teasing if you are particularly outspoken in class. To put this in perspective I'll describe ways that professors get tough and rude to students even like me, whom I think they actually do like, and I never caused any trouble.

I'm quiet and always turn stuff in on time. I had one professor say, "Well, you aren't gifted like my other student." Another said, "Have you ever had flat, warm beer? Well, that's what your piece sounds like." My sister's flute teacher exclaimed after she played, "Don't you EVER play like that again." In grad school my Medieval music course arranged chairs in a circle and when the professor asked me to answer a question, I felt intimidated with all eyes on me and said, "I don't know". She responded with "Well you will have a hell of a time discussing the topic today then". I had read the chapter twice, but was shy. I had a theory professor give me C's and I went into his office to ask him about it. I said I've been getting A's in all my other classes at the university. He responded with, "You are lucky to have a C. The undergrad college you went to has a shit music program." I said, "but I get A's in other classes here". He said, "Well, those aren't MY classes". I started crying. He was completely cold and unapologetic. I had a recreational ballet teacher stick her finger into my face and literally yell for five minutes (I timed her on the clock) saying, "YOU are a professional! You should have the focus to listen and do what I say", etc. That one did offend me, but not all of these. The theory professor also offended me. These are a few of a sea of other examples.

Authority is tough. Even well intended authority figures get to those positions by playing hardball. You can't be sweet and understanding and cut it as a university professor or I'd be there because I'm plenty intelligent enough. Survival in those environments requires austerity and dominant behaviors.

You might consider apologizing to your professor. I think you are in the wrong and significantly over the line here.

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
Was there something in the tone? You said she said that you would be a, "credit to any employer and that I was a 'smart-arse' and that I should go far". I don't see the bullying. It might be what I would call a gentle teasing if you are particularly outspoken in class. To put this in perspective I'll describe ways that professors get tough and rude to students even like me, whom I think they actually do like, and I never caused any trouble.

I'm quiet and always turn stuff in on time. I had one professor say, "Well, you aren't gifted like my other student." Another said, "Have you ever had flat, warm beer? Well, that's what your piece sounds like." My sister's flute teacher exclaimed after she played, "Don't you EVER play like that again." In grad school my Medieval music course arranged chairs in a circle and when the professor asked me to answer a question, I felt intimidated with all eyes on me and said, "I don't know". She responded with "Well you will have a hell of a time discussing the topic today then". I had read the chapter twice, but was shy. I had a theory professor give me C's and I went into his office to ask him about it. I said I've been getting A's in all my other classes at the university. He responded with, "You are lucky to have a C. The undergrad college you went to has a shit music program." I said, "but I get A's in other classes here". He said, "Well, those aren't MY classes". I started crying. He was completely cold and unapologetic. I had a recreational ballet teacher stick her finger into my face and literally yell for five minutes (I timed her on the clock) saying, "YOU are a professional! You should have the focus to listen and do what I say", etc. That one did offend me, but not all of these. The theory professor also offended me. These are a few of a sea of other examples.

Authority is tough. Even well intended authority figures get to those positions by playing hardball. You can't be sweet and understanding and cut it as a university professor or I'd be there because I'm plenty intelligent enough. Survival in those environments requires austerity and dominant behaviors.

You might consider apologizing to your professor. I think you are in the wrong and significantly over the line here.

I hold no reason to apologise.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well he turned the tone based on some odd agenda. As have you, incidentally.
I don't tolerate bullying. I don't see why that's a negative thing.

Well, I have nothing more to say anyway. :shrug: Don’t shoot the messenger if you don’t like what you’re hearing.

Also, I’m establishing a no-contact here. Let’s agree to ignore each other.

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
Well, I have nothing more to say anyway. :shrug: Don’t shoot the messenger if you don’t like what you’re hearing.

Also, I’m establishing a no-contact here. Let’s agree to ignore each other.

I didn't say I didn't like what to hear. I said he had some agenda that was way beyond the scope of the discussion. Don't worry, I ignored you long before, but you can claim a false victory here. Though bullying advocates can always take the victory and i Can laugh heartily. People with dark psychology attempting to project "normal" conduct is always comical.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
lol. you don't know me, sir. suggesting I'm mentally ill for merely posting a point shows your character, not mine. I say anybody can make a point. whether that offends you based on your superiority complex is telling.
I didn't suggest you're mentally ill, and I don't have a superiority complex. Who the hell are you to just misinterpret things and insult people as you see fit?

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
I didn't suggest you're mentally ill, and I don't have a superiority complex. Who the hell are you to just misinterpret things and insult people as you see fit?

you insulted me. i don't know you, am not genuinely offended. i'm amused. It's amusing that somehow the rules don't apply to me. i just put you on ignore, as some boorish dude who wants a rise.

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
I’ve known cap for years, kid. He’s one of the least bullying people you’ll ever come across. Besides, no one in this thread is actively bullying you. Chill.

saying a random Web stranger is paranoid after some pseudo-reading of posts is comically beligerrent. I don't let online bullying affect me as much as it used to, since it's some random dude on a keyboard somewhere. it's no different to a random stranger in ther street, but that's fine. He's apparently more intelligent and learned than I am but cannot communicate properly with others. Just like how you defend that Avrix woman lol.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i'm not. i was making a point.
gatekeeping who can make points here is comical.

"Gatekeeping" LOL, holy fuck. No one is telling you that you can't post.
But if you're not trolling, then you're pretty fucking deluded. No one is bullying you, people are just telling you that you could and should have handled the situation better.

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
"Gatekeeping" LOL, holy fuck. No one is telling you that you can't post.
But if you're not trolling, then you're pretty fucking deluded. No one is bullying you, people are just telling you that you could and should have handled the situation better.

i just know your persona.
you'll most likely try and label me autistic for challenging you. looool.
OK. defending oneself is in the DSM V.
If somebody slaps you in the face then if you defend yourself, then you're neurodivergent. got it!
i don't think you should get slapped in the face though. nobody should, unless they do it first. i'll show you that grace at least.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i just know your persona.
you'll most likely try and label me autistic for challenging you. looool.
OK. defending oneself is in the DSM V.
If somebody slaps you in the face then if you defend yourself, then you're neurodivergent. got it!
i don't think you should get slapped in the face though. nobody should, unless they do it first. i'll show you that grace at least.

strawman2.jpg

adhominem.jpg

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you apportion life rights based on who meets your inner dialogue of an acceptable person in the universe's eyes.
you get highly offended at people having equal space in life. i'd like to see where your greater space is truly justified.

LOL, I don't think I have the power to "apportion life rights".
Also, no one is "highly offended" here.

Yeah, you're definitely the problem here.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, I don't think I have the power to "apportion life rights".
Also, no one is "highly offended" here.

Yeah, you're definitely the problem here.

:roundthnx:

Aerix and I had each separately asked him to ignore us as we’re ignoring him, but he doesn’t get the hint either (he keeps quoting us). It’s beyond annoying and immature, to say the least.

If he quotes me one more time, I’m reporting. I’ve had enough.