• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Instinctual stacking valuation/conveyance + implications

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As skewed by enneatype, how do your interpretations of others' instinctual preferences determine how you express your own needs? How would you rate your awareness of and ability to camouflage these needs to accomplish a task that would otherwise proove to be a waste of time?

Do you scrupulously adopt the perceived? Or are you on the breezy end of the spectrum? How does your position determine your ability to sway others, and, ultimately, inform yourself of your own uniquely issued benevolence?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an E6 I'm not bad at navigating formal environments, gov. bureuas, etc. Since there I don't have to keep back my stickler, detail accounting nature. But in the opposite environment, dominated by 3s and 7s, my instinctual (Sx/Sp 1) perfectionism about these stuff really gets in the way. Like in this class today, the teacher is an So/Sx ENTP, fairly laid back when it comes to accepting my behavior but I can't help again being meticulous with details and trying to graps it all so it becomes a problem. I ask too many questions that throws off the social dynamic. The group's unspoken rule is to not take the whole thing seriously and not try to understand these crazy theoretical stuff we're supposed to learn. So today I got myself ridiculed and laughed at but at least I got as much help from the teacher that now I can manage to decipher the theory.

The easiest is, though, to persuade people in 1-on-1 situations, instead of trying to assert yourself in a group. I quickly become ridiculed and rejected in groups, whereas in cases where you only meet that person once, I'm a lot more succesful.

When it comes to girls... I've become somewhat better in toning myself down but there inevitably has to come a moment of testing their instinctual resistance or boundaries. This is a troublesome territory because most of the girls are some kind of social subtypes. INFPs are people pleasers so for a while I can act like a friend but my obsession and clinginess will come out in bursts of anger (E1 Sx/Sp).