• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Opinionated - Type 9??

Bluebel

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
My friend has been typed as an enneagram 9 by test results and an interview.

She can be judgemental, argumentative and opinionated towards me. So much so I no longer wish to continue our friendship.

For instance, I flew down to visit her and she told me I shouldn't've parked at the airport as it's expensive. She kept referring to this. I didn't say anything each time, sure she is right but it's my money. I attended a craft workshop she runs and she said my doctor is a quack and the reason she thought this in front of someone else. I was so embarrassed, she doesn't have all the information and made assumptions. She kept bossing her husband around even after he did as she asked. We were playing Dominion with her husband, the game was new to me and if I played a card wrong or asked a question she wasn't happy and we ended up playing again and again until she won. She has acted similarly in the past, just not so bad.

Is it possible for a Type 9 to act like this? It's not very peacekeeper-ish. Does the peacekeeper element diminish when you know a 9 for a long time?

KitchenFly

Well sadly I be leave you story.

I my self have been guilty of such behaviour in the past.

Idealism and reality can clash then nines don't trust there subsidiary wings and reply on winging it with only there auxiliary wing as a catalyst.

There will be many reasons why nines overcompensate like this I am a 9w1 and I was reading a post I found on a forum I just discovered and one of the things it spoke about was three parts that I new something about but the person speaking framed the Idea in a slightly different way.

It implied that points 1-4-7 , took care one part of process and points 2-5-8 , took care of another part of the process that was underway , and the process it self involved points 3-6-9.

I think nines or at least 9w1 deal in the imagination with a proses desired points 3-6-9 to engage, but lack commitment to develop or work the other two parts of the hole working proses 1-4-7 & 2-5-8 until that have concisely developed the skill set and learned from there peers how to do such things correctly.

So I am thinking the nine can ignore what is needed wilfully and in doing so neglect to exercise all points of the enneagram because to communicate successful all points of the enneagram are required.

Yes it is a trance that the nine can express within the full bliss of ignorance, and well to some degree other types can to have similar difficulties with reality if they to solely rely on simply the bias generated via the input of there auxiliary wing alone.

That's my thought. Oops Opinionated thought.. Well reflective thought.