• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Evolution (2016)

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone else seen this movie? I saw it about a week ago and I'm still not sure what I feel about it. What do you all think?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you talking about this movie?
Evolution (2015) - IMDb

I'm not even sure whether it has been released in the USA at this point except in a few big cities at best, although it looks like it might be on pay Amazon Video.

What left you feeling ambivalent about the movie? [no spoilers]

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you talking about this movie?
Evolution (2015) - IMDb

I'm not even sure whether it has been released in the USA at this point except in a few big cities at best, although it looks like it might be on pay Amazon Video.

What left you feeling ambivalent about the movie? [no spoilers]

I saw it at a local theater that specializes in "rare" movies, so that makes sense. In general, I feel ambivalent about it because as much as I like cryptic movies, I feel like this one left a bit too much unexplained at the end. It wasn't like in 2001 where it at least makes emotional/symbolic sense, this just felt like a bunch of disparate elements vaguely intertwined for reasons only the writer knows. I also felt that the characters weren't developed enough for the audience to really empathize with them. This isn't to say that I don't like the movie, it does have amazing cinematography and a great dreamlike atmosphere, but it just left me feeling cold afterwards.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I've watched it. I really enjoyed the beginning of the movie. The atmosphere was heavy and full of questions. Why are there only women, what happens to the boys?
And then the answers came and I was very disappointed, because the beginning was intriguing, it could be a good movie... In the end I didn't liked it.

I think characters were undeveloped on purpose because they meant to make it symbolic and universal. But with not a good result imho.

I saw it at a local theater that specializes in "rare" movies, so that makes sense. In general, I feel ambivalent about it because as much as I like cryptic movies, I feel like this one left a bit too much unexplained at the end. It wasn't like in 2001 where it at least makes emotional/symbolic sense, this just felt like a bunch of disparate elements vaguely intertwined for reasons only the writer knows. I also felt that the characters weren't developed enough for the audience to really empathize with them. This isn't to say that I don't like the movie, it does have amazing cinematography and a great dreamlike atmosphere, but it just left me feeling cold afterwards.
You mean Evolution 2001? Is there anything similar about films? (haven't seen 2001)

Kas

Fabula rasa
No, I meant 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Ah, very good movie:)

And how do you interpret Evolution?