• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mr. Robot

Duffy

Anyone watched this? I saw the 1st episode and so far it looks promising.

*edit* Rotten tomatoes gave it a 97%.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I keep reading about this on reddit and mean to watch it. When I first saw the trailer it seemed really annoying but the more I read about it the more interesting it sounds.

Duffy

There are still things that might annoy you.

It deals a lot with technology, specifically cyber security, so if you're well versed in the field, you might nit pick. It's inevitable. I didn't catch anything, but I ain't IT.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have plans to start on it this weekend...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Been watching since the pilot was up. Excellent show.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Binge watched this weekend. Very good show, excellent pilot.

But...

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Binge watched this weekend. Very good show, excellent pilot.

But...

Got unexcitable Jock excited. must be exciting.

Must start watching.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. USA network, I am suitably impressed.

Watched the pilot tonight and started episode 2. It's... really good. The character of Elliot seems spot-on too, he's pretty awesome.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ agree. Wow i love it so far.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It slows down a little a tries to distract around episode 4-6. It's like the apex of the roller coaster that takes a little long...but then the plunge...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finished episode 2. You know, what I'm loving about this right now is that the show is avoiding all the obvious beats -- for example, a lesser show would have ended the episode differently, but... this show just goes for it. People are doing what they choose to do without regarding to making the story easier to write. This is one of those few shows where I'm really curious and even excited to see where it might go next, because I can't foresee what's going to happen.

Also... the complex choices. There's no choice that is a clear winner. So Elliot is just doing the best he can and in the process is learning how to do something rather than nothing.

Duffy

Finished episode 2. You know, what I'm loving about this right now is that the show is avoiding all the obvious beats -- for example, a lesser show would have ended the episode differently, but... this show just goes for it. People are doing what they choose to do without regarding to making the story easier to write. This is one of those few shows where I'm really curious and even excited to see where it might go next, because I can't foresee what's going to happen.

Also... the complex choices. There's no choice that is a clear winner. So Elliot is just doing the best he can and in the process is learning how to do something rather than nothing.

I like the attention to quality & detail in how they approached everything: song selection, opening shot, easter egg (ex: American Psycho), culture. There are things in the upcoming episodes that point back to previous episodes. Sort of an "aha" moment.

Also, I saw B.D. wong in the credits, but didn't see him. Only later did I realize, lol.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Caught up -- but episode 9 airs in about 20 minutes, lol!

WOW. Okay, I thought the end of Episode 7 jumped the shark a little, but it played out okay in Episode 8.

I like the attention to quality & detail in how they approached everything: song selection, opening shot, easter egg (ex: American Psycho), culture. There are things in the upcoming episodes that point back to previous episodes. Sort of an "aha" moment.

Also, I saw B.D. wong in the credits, but didn't see him. Only later did I realize, lol.

yeah, I was laughing at that. I knew it was him as soon as I saw him, but I have an eye for that. Interesting casting. :)

Things are just starting to get crazy now, especially at the end of episode 8. Still not sure where all this is going. I like how Elliot is not necessarily a reliable narrator, even if we empathize with him and he seems like a decent person.

Yea, the creator is a big fan of that film.

I knew what movie you guys were talking about before reading the spoiler. still, I had an idea this show had a similarity to that movie before even the most recent episodes.

Interesting castings. I saw at least two people from House of Cards Season 2 -- Gideon was President Walker, and the lawyer who Angela deals with played Linda (?) the Chief of Staff (?).

Also, I was laughing at my response to the end of episode 2

and then the end of Episode 8

I'm wondering how much of what we've already seen might be spun around with the revelation of new facts.

My main fear for the show is that they'll lose it along the way somewhere. So far it's darn good, but it can be hard to keep all the plates spinning. It's one of the best shows I've seen this year so far.

EDIT: Episode 9: ....Yeeaahhhhh.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What is that language Tyrell is speaking with his wife? German?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What is that language Tyrell is speaking with his wife? German?

I forget the specifics, but I read that one viewer claimed they were at one point speaking two different languages with close enough roots that they would still be able to totally understand each other. I think one was Swedish (?)

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP

Anyone watched this? I saw the 1st episode and so far it looks promising.

*edit* Rotten tomatoes gave it a 97%.

Great show, but the first episode was the best episode. Kinda of annoying that they do that. Bunch of filler episodes.