• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who Else is Upset By The Nightmare On Elm Street Remake?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm still too scared to watch the first NoES. Which is ridiculous, since I've pretty much watched every horror movie which has come out in the last 10 years, and mocked most of them. But NoES, The Howling, Fright Night and, bizarrely, Return of the Living Dead were all movies I considered the very summit of scariness as a kid, and I guess it's stuck.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think it'd be better if they simply re-released some older movies. Like, to be able to watch the original Nightmare on Elm Street in the theater would rock.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm still too scared to watch the first NoES. Which is ridiculous, since I've pretty much watched every horror movie which has come out in the last 10 years, and mocked most of them. But NoES, The Howling, Fright Night and, bizarrely, Return of the Living Dead were all movies I considered the very summit of scariness as a kid, and I guess it's stuck.

Are you afraid that you will still be scared of them, or are you afraid that you won't and thereby lose your childhood view of them?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I also think that Rob Zombie's version of Halloween is EXCELLENT. I was really pleasantly surprised. Most of my favorite horror movies were made before 1990, and I'd had some bad experiences with crappy remakes, but I really have to hand it Rob Zombie - he made an entirely new movie, like a prequel. I'm impressed. Apparently others were too as they voted it Best Remake at the Scream Awards in 2008.

I guess I need to keep an open mind, but most horror remakes are YE GODS terrible and cheezy. I'm honestly surprised this NoES trailer looks decent. Now whether or not that will translate into the actual movie is yet to be decided.