• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

harmonica

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I can't figure out how to play mine so that it sounds at all cool.

anyone know how?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Google "blues harmonica." Figure out what key harmonica you'll need for playing whatever song you want to play. That's the first step. Beyond that, though, everyone who plays says you just have to mess with it until you figure out how to bend notes--no one can really teach you. It's all about how you position your mouth and tongue, and not everyone will do it the same way. Some of the online lessons might help point you in the right direction, though.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There was a maintenance man at my college who played blues harmonica with several groups in the area, and he just rocked it like he didn't care.

But, then again, he also put bees in his mouth.

Make of that what you will.