• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How is your novel coming along?

Lark

Are there any writers on the forum? Have you formally studied writing or been part of creative writing circle or course? Have you attempted to write a novel or do you asprie to?

And if you dont, why not? If you dont aspire to be a writer are you yourself a reader? Do you engage in any sort of writing which is not creative writing, for instance, blogging, journaling, scripting, essays or non-fiction research?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I consider myself a writer, but I have not formally studied it. I have never been part of any community other than maybe fanfiction.net once upon at time. I do inspire to write a novel or so.

I have taken up blogging when I joined this forum actually, but I find the format difficult to produce quality content other than my own inner monologues and observations.

Lark

I consider myself a writer, but I have not formally studied it. I have never been part of any community other than maybe fanfiction.net once upon at time. I do inspire to write a novel or so.

I have taken up blogging when I joined this forum actually, but I find the format difficult to produce quality content other than my own inner monologues and observations.

You know fifty shades of grey started out as some Twilight fan fiction? Its true, the author of the twilight series asked the author to change the names of the characters and the rest is history because the stories became popular and they got a publishing deal.

Oberon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
*NT*
Still on page 1. Keep finishing it and then throwing it away.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know fifty shades of grey started out as some Twilight fan fiction? Its true, the author of the twilight series asked the author to change the names of the characters and the rest is history because the stories became popular and they got a publishing deal.

I actually did know that! haha. After seeing certain people become famous with shit, it skyrocketed my hopes of becoming a best seller. ;P

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I write :) I have had a couple of articles published this year and also I write children's books 4 in total. Working currently on a submission for the commonwealth writers yearly competition for the last 3 months , this piece has driven me mad. I feel like it's garbage but it's some of my best work. I don't know why that happens it's so weird ! Still tweaking it but stopped looking at it for 2 weeks now.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I have a pretty vast collection of memoirs I always thought about publishing, a few short stories (two of which won contests), and a novel I've completed two chapters of in ten years. If inspiration returns, I'll finish it.