• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

y'all're killing me

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Again I'm the bad guy here -_-

Serious Level: Serious

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Again I'm the bad guy here -_-

No? You can have any opinion about my type but it's impossible for me to take it into consideration without concrete examples.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No? You can have any opinion about my type but it's impossible for me to take it into consideration without concrete examples.

It's not from you, it's the one who brought back this thread. She should tell me I'm wrong rather than shaming me, she is welcome to have an opinion. She shouldn't have brought this thread with the assumption you were called out with a different type when just 8 hours I said something different about you. I do like you Yamato, I don't do this to hurt you. She's twisting my words. The time stamps are proof.

Because really who else disagrees? She's not talking people irl, you don't talk about mbti irl, if I am not mistaken.

I'll give you concrete examples some time. You just weren't responding to my reps which pointed to one and my post on mistyped. It's just that the logic won't be solid unless we talk this through deeply. I can't make it all nice in one nice post.

I'll pm you my explanation.
Serious Level: Pretty Serious​

Last edited:

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I still type ISFJ, but I've had a few ISFP suggestions, as well as a couple INFPs.

no idea why, but the second I read "I still type ISFJ", my mind immediately pictured you on your floor mashing the keyboard on your laptop and all that comes out is: ISJFISJFJFJSISIIISIFJJF because all your other keys have been replaced with either an I, S, F, or J :rotfl:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION]

You are a clear ISFJ from the questionnaire you posted in the start and the functions I see you when you post around. Reading over the questionnaire I see clear Si as you are focused on the present reality and the details plus you often use past experience in your posts, your Fe is obvious as you seek external harmony and get called the "mom" which is a charasticlly Fe role but its not dom as you only seem to use Fe in small groups not on a global scale like a ESFJ would and I dont see any Fi at all (Any "Fi" you have or show is Si/Fe in tandem).

I see some Ti logic and sharpness at times plus when you get angry I have noticed you become sarcastic in a Ti manner plus you also seek to see what is logically consistent and lastly inferior Ne is visible as you use Ne under stress to see all the negative possibilities.

If I was to see you as another type INTP is the only other possible one and you show far too much Fe and not enough Ne so we can rule that one out.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not from you, it's the one who brought back this thread. She should tell me I'm wrong rather than shaming me, she is welcome to have an opinion. She shouldn't have brought this thread with the assumption you were called out with a different type when just 8 hours I said something different about you. I do like you Yamato, I don't do this to hurt you. She's twisting my words. The time stamps are proof.

To answer your rep: No, I'm not going to leave you and your friend (Yamato) out of this. Yes, I did saw your post in the mistype thread mentioning Yamato being an INFP, and I felt I had to look at his older threads to see if perhaps you are in the right or in the wrong. I checked, I read Yamato's answers, everything checks out for Si and Fe, so, ISFJ it is. People do respect your opinion, but like Yamato says, he needs concrete proof and explanation as to why you think he is an INFP. We all want to hear your opinions as to why you think he is that and not an ISFJ.

This is a Typing forum. You have a right to your opinion, and it would be most wonderful if you have logical facts to back up what you are saying. You're a smart person, I know you are. I could say a marshmallow monster is outside of my house right now, but without evidence, I'm just not helping myself nor anybody else.

Because really who else disagrees? She's not talking people irl, you don't talk about mbti irl, if I am not mistaken.

And how does Yamato not talking about MBTI irl have anything to do with his ISFJ typing? He can do private research. He can do online research. I'm not attacking you, and I don't want to fight you, I'm just frankly getting tired of this whole INFP business that's pinned on someone who couldn't be more different than that typing.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] I have a point to make. In this thread by here http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/6961-mistyped-typecentral-674.html (read pages 674 and 675 you typed me as an ISFJ because apparently I have a similar personality to Yama yet you are insistent on him being an INFP so by your logic Yama is indeed ISFJ or am I am INFP?)). While I respect you opinions regarding peoples typings there seems to be many inconsistencies in your typings like you claimed Yama was an ISFJ in this instant and yet now he is INFP. I am not attacking you or trying to cause trouble just making an inquiry.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
In all seriousness, because this is personal for me too, behavior can truly only get you so far in typing a person. Some of us hide our inner worlds a bit. Some of us have mental health issues. Some of us have experienced traumas that may make us act in certain ways or even be confused about who we are. Ultimately, it boils down to internal fears and triggers and patterns of information processing, which can at times be completely impossible for others to speculate on. Some of us are complex and "ride the line" of some of our functions. Some of us are going through extreme (or even subtle) transformations. Some of us even have a hard time processing concrete information (i.e. MBTI typing shit) which makes it harder for us to determine our types. Is guidance helpful? Yes, oftentimes it is. Does it have limitations in accuracy? Yes. Should it be solicited? Absolutely. Should it be provided with grace and an open-mind? I think so.
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] - I truly think that most people here have a compassionate and understanding place in their hearts for you. It's more that you seem to have taken a very authoritative role here, and naturally that triggers people. Typing is a very personal and confusing thing. People don't like to feel like they don't know themselves, but worse, they don't like other people to tell them that they know them better than they know themselves. Clearly, you are very passionate about personality typing, and I think that is great. It's just that sometimes we become hyper-focused on our passions and rigidity kicks in and we get caught up in staring at the trees instead of being open to taking the whole forest in.

None of this is said with any ill-feeling toward you - I just want to make that clear.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] I have a point to make. In this thread by here http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/6961-mistyped-typecentral-674.html (read pages 674 and 675 you typed me as an ISFJ because apparently I have a similar personality to Yama yet you are insistent on him being an INFP so by your logic Yama is indeed ISFJ or am I am INFP?)). While I respect you opinions regarding peoples typings there seems to be many inconsistencies in your typings like you claimed Yama was an ISFJ in this instant and yet now he is INFP. I am not attacking you or trying to cause trouble just making an inquiry.

Take your type as you will

Serious Level: Serious​

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To answer your rep: No, I'm not going to leave you and your friend (Yamato) out of this. Yes, I did saw your post in the mistype thread mentioning Yamato being an INFP, and I felt I had to look at his older threads to see if perhaps you are in the right or in the wrong.
So if you admit that, then why didn't you say "I disagree with Forever's typing"?

I checked, I read Yamato's answers, everything checks out for Si and Fe, so, ISFJ it is. People do respect your opinion, but like Yamato says, he needs concrete proof and explanation as to why you think he is an INFP. We all want to hear your opinions as to why you think he is that and not an ISFJ.

Sure, sure and in my last post to him I would and already did give him more concrete explanations which we're in the process of working with right now.

This is a Typing forum. You have a right to your opinion, and it would be most wonderful if you have logical facts to back up what you are saying. You're a smart person, I know you are. I could say a marshmallow monster is outside of my house right now, but without evidence, I'm just not helping myself nor anybody else.

It's not necessarily me flexing my intelligent muscle but understand I have a goal is to help them. But are you going to ask everyone this as well? Same as arguments for God right? I get your point, but I believe in God in some form or another.

And how does Yamato not talking about MBTI irl have anything to do with his ISFJ typing? He can do private research. He can do online research. I'm not attacking you, and I don't want to fight you, I'm just frankly getting tired of this whole INFP business that's pinned on someone who couldn't be more different than that typing.

I think you are misunderstanding me here but you're right it doesn't have to do with him, it has to do with me, I say that because I'm feeling like you're calling me the person booing him.

Tired? But the problem is the whole business = me. Not like there's a huge following of people from my opinion. My problem is that you equate me to all of his problems and confirming his type is going to save him. That's why I said leave me and him out of this. I don't mean ditch Yamato, I mean stop using me as an antagonistic reference for him.

There's always someone booing in the crowd. Ignore them.
Telling someone they're a different type is not booing someone.

I hope you feel better in this sense. Being young in today's world can be quite the traumatic experience, especially for LGBT youth. You have my full support.

Even if this wasn't for me, the timing is bad. Because it goes with your post on ISFJ typing. It makes me look like I am the enemy. I've been pretty cool with yamato and have explicitly mentioned it I am on his side.

If you're not meant to attack me, then understand that you extend your care a little bit more to make sure I am not hurt especially if I am used as a reference.

And the rest of that post I have no qualms about (except I think he has a fascinating understanding of ideas and does not leave intuition out for him, personally I think that's sensor stereotyping there what you just did)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In all seriousness, because this is personal for me too, behavior can truly only get you so far in typing a person. Some of us hide our inner worlds a bit. Some of us have mental health issues. Some of us have experienced traumas that may make us act in certain ways or even be confused about who we are. Ultimately, it boils down to internal fears and triggers and patterns of information processing, which can at times be completely impossible for others to speculate on. Some of us are complex and "ride the line" of some of our functions. Some of us are going through extreme (or even subtle) transformations. Some of us even have a hard time processing concrete information (i.e. MBTI typing shit) which makes it harder for us to determine our types. Is guidance helpful? Yes, oftentimes it is. Does it have limitations in accuracy? Yes. Should it be solicited? Absolutely. Should it be provided with grace and an open-mind? I think so.

[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] - I truly think that most people here have a compassionate and understanding place in their hearts for you. It's more that you seem to have taken a very authoritative role here, and naturally that triggers people. Typing is a very personal and confusing thing. People don't like to feel like they don't know themselves, but worse, they don't like other people to tell them that they know them better than they know themselves. Clearly, you are very passionate about personality typing, and I think that is great. It's just that sometimes we become hyper-focused on our passions and rigidity kicks in and we get caught up in staring at the trees instead of being open to taking the whole forest in.

None of this is said with any ill-feeling toward you - I just want to make that clear.

I get what you're saying. I am not taking an authoritative role. I am taking an assertive role, I have told you many times it's my opinion. So you don't need to lecture me. This is a typing website, if you go on the thread to asked to be typed you implicitly agree that people are going to disagree what you call your own type as. If we cannot understand on that level, I don't think our argument is going to go anywhere. And anyone has the right to disagree with me. I hope you understand that as well.

Sometimes because this is just text we can often put feeling into feeling that does not exist from the writer.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], it isn't my intention to make you out as this evil caricature. I could tell by Yamato's posts that he is probably going through something pretty big in his life right now. I believe that he said at another thread that 2017 is the year he starts hormone therapy and to transition, so to have someone going down on his typing could also constitute as poor timing, don't you think? Again, this isn't me painting you as a jerk, and even if I did mentioned you or quoted you describing why you think Yamato is an INFP, you would probably still feel attacked because.. honestly? That's your default reaction to everybody trying to tell you why they think you might be wrong about something. If this is something private between you and Yamato, why didn't you call his type out in a private message, instead of out in the open on the mistyped thread? Because through that simple action, other members like myself become curious and also want to air out a public opinion even if it contradicts yours. It's only logical that such an event like that would unfold.

RareBird wasn't lecturing you. She was speaking out straight from her heart, and she also respects your opinions. The question is, can you extend that same respect to us? Can you respect that Yamato and nearly every other members on this forum have also done research like you have, have spoken with people about the MBTI like you have, questioned themselves and the MBTI theory like you have? If Yamato comes here right now, and says, "You know what, Forever? I love you and respect your opinion about my type, but I'm going to have to disagree and will keep on rocking the ISFJ label.", will you respect that and let him be? Can you do that with all other members who are at peace with their typing, no matter if you think they are wrong in their own self labeling?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Take your type as you will

Serious Level: Serious​

The point here which you have failed to address in your post to me is that you used Yama as a "template" for ISFJness and yet hes magically an INFP now so there is some logical inconsistencies in your typing system. Thats like saying that X is a dog because they are similar to Y and then suddenly Y is not a dog but a horse if that makes sense.

Telling someone they're a different type is not booing someone.

That is true but it can depend on the methods and presentation of said arguments. I have seem many people disagree with typing's but they did it in a polite manner without assuming that they know the person better than they do themselves and therefore were far easier to engage with so to speak. Plus evidence such as function usage e.t.c. tends to be more well reciived than just "vibes" and guesses. We can all guess and spectate but at the end of the day to trully type someone you have to remove yourself from that persons head so to speak and look at it free from bias looking at it logically for functions.

And the rest of that post I have no qualms about (except I think he has a fascinating understanding of ideas and does not leave intuition out for him, personally I think that's sensor stereotyping there what you just did)

It seems here you are using stereotyping despite seeming to comdeem it yourself. What does "sensor stereotyping" mean. See you do have massive potential to understand others but maybe other people may not be on the same boat as you and when explaining things it is your job to make sure that you can translate the message or meaning from Forever to person X instead of assuming everyone speaks the same universal language which seems to cause misunderstandings when you type others.

My advice which you are free to ether take or not based on how myself and most others would want to be treated is to engage with the person and keep the flow of information going instead of putting a label of say "INFP" on a persons head and arguing to death for that label as thats like assuming the shadow of a lion looking like creature (your first impression) is a lion and when new evidence comes to light that it is indeed a cat not a lion it is unwise to stick to the lion label.

as [MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION] said Rare isnt attacking you but telling you how she honestly feels about your conduct in typing her. You seem to be unhappy with they way people respond to you on here and IRL. When I was younger I would often upset others but I then sat down and thought about how my behaviour affected others and now that I know how to interact with ohters I am a far happier person. Maybe you should do the same as trust me man it will help a lot with your issues relating to other people as humans are social animals and if we fail to understand how to interact with others then thats a massive gimp.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The point here which you have failed to address in your post to me is that you used Yama as a "template" for ISFJness and yet hes magically an INFP now so there is some logical inconsistencies in your typing system. Thats like saying that X is a dog because they are similar to Y and then suddenly Y is not a dog but a horse if that makes sense.

I don't care about my inconsistency with you. Take your type as it is. I don't want to talk to you any further. It's off topic.