• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

y'all're killing me

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you're an ISFP. You're very private and prefer smaller groups, you're very detail oriented, you are sensitive (though refuse to show it), and you love a very open-ended and carefree life.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't bother with socionics any more to be honest the cognitive dissonance will eventually break you if you use it too long/seriously. But nothing about you has ever overtly screamed alpha to me. I know people tend to associate the whole kawaii anime shtick with alpha (Which I've always assumed by the avatars/music taste was your cup of tea.)....... but that will always just look like repressed issues with paedophilia to me. The childish aspect of alpha was suppose to be about favouring creativity/new thoughts over reality/practicality. A scenario where every nt thought they were Da Vinci, and every sf thought they were Picasso, regardless of any actual talent.

Yeah I feel like for someone who claims to not take personality theory super seriously, I'm taking this too seriously lol. What I identified with about alpha (and beta after it) the most was that they like to keep the atmosphere lighthearted and non-serious, whereas I had the impression that gamma and delta were more about keeping things serious.

Ah I should state that the whole comfort aspect was a later edition to socionics, when coincidently it had become largely controlled by gamma nts. If you read Duality of Man I don't believe that word ever comes up. Hedonism, aesthetics, highly emotional, tactile, ; all used, but comfort how I have come to loathe that word. The only word anyone tries to describe Si with.

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point; but the lack of any ambition will to me always be an unnatural state. But I don't know you in the slightest so who knows.

How do Si and Fi in socionics differ?

It's interesting I've never seen anyone try to type by those before.

Do you think that's a good method or a bad method? I'm not all that well versed on socionics beyond the surface.

Honestly as I stated before I don't see any reason for you not to be ISFJ. It's just that given the circumstances certainty about it seems ridiculous to me. If you were to emerge from the various events in your life happy and whole, with an entirely different personality........ I wouldn't bat an eye.

As for socionics, trying to keep them matched up is a rookie move. The cognitive dissonance of trying to make socionics fit together within its self is bad enough, adding MBTI is the 100 kg dumbbell that broke the camel's back.

Hmm... having an entirely different personality seems like it would be really drastic, but I don't know what's going to happen to me in the future so I can't say it won't happen (though I do think it's rather unlikely).

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't say that I get irritated by loud and aggressive people, but they do make me very uncomfortable. Being in an environment where other people are angry or crying really upsets me and then I start crying because I don't know what to do lol. I always prefer to do what I want to do over what I'm told to do, but I'll still do what I'm told to do also if it's important (like homework for school).

From the links you provided, I would say ESI doesn't sound completely wrong (parts of it I'm resonating with), but that it seems rather "intense" overall for me, if that makes sense.

As for the follow-up questions:

1. Two close friends, a small handful of not-as-close friends, a few acquaintances. I haven't made any new friends since high school because I'm too nervous to meet new people, don't like doing it, and would rather just go home than go somewhere if someone I didn't know well invited me. People are draining.
2. Not in a relationship
3. Yeah I can be pretty impulsive. If I notice that there's a sock on the ground and it starts bothering me I can't just leave it there, I have to get up and put it away or it's going to continue to bother me until I do it.

Your follow-up questions sound very ISFj to me (especially the need for a comfortable environment). My gut still says ESI (ISFj, Gamma).

Hope that helped. :thumbup:

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would become a brainless vegetable, unable to function in society or think before speaking or acting. It'd be a huge problem.
Maybe I should have asked my question a bit differently. I was thinking of you not constantly reviewing how things affect you all the time. There are plenty of people out there who do not spend all their time focusing on how they feel about things.
Lets suppose that instead of thinking of how you feel about situations all the time, you only do it for one hour during the day. Would you lose out on anything? In what way would you be different?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe I should have asked my question a bit differently. I was thinking of you not constantly reviewing how things affect you all the time. There are plenty of people out there who do not spend all their time focusing on how they feel about things.
Lets suppose that instead of thinking of how you feel about situations all the time, you only do it for one hour during the day. Would you lose out on anything? In what way would you be different?

I'd lose pretty much all of my self-awareness if that were the case. It would be hard for me to form opinions on anything or relate to other people. I'd feel like I was dying.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So it seems like people have me stuck between ISFJ and ISFP. What about ISTJ? I've heard a few arguments but have a hard time seeing myself as Te-aux.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd lose pretty much all of my self-awareness if that were the case. It would be hard for me to form opinions on anything or relate to other people. I'd feel like I was dying.
So it seems that spending most of your time paying attention to how you feel is very important to you. This is quite different from it not being important as you mentioned in a previous post.
Tell us more about your self-awareness and why it is important, and also how it is affected by this activity.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So it seems that spending most of your time paying attention to how you feel is very important to you. This is quite different from it not being important as you mentioned in a previous post.
Tell us more about your self-awareness and why it is important, and also how it is affected by this activity.

I like to spend a lot of time reflecting on how I feel about what's going on in my life. I need to be able to process it, make sense of it, work through it. I need to be able to articulate these feelings. I really hate being confused or apathetic. I like when things make sense, and that includes my own feelings.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel much more confident about Si/Ne than Se/Ni. Juggling ISFJ and ISTJ mostly now. I have a hard time seeing myself as Te-aux but I've been informed that I'm an enigma.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I feel like for someone who claims to not take personality theory super seriously, I'm taking this too seriously lol. What I identified with about alpha (and beta after it) the most was that they like to keep the atmosphere lighthearted and non-serious, whereas I had the impression that gamma and delta were more about keeping things serious.

Yes and no the difference is suppose to be one of compartmentalisation. Delta/gamma feel there is a time, a place, and particular people that light-heartedness should be directed to. Alpha/beta valuing Fe as they do don't have such reservations.

How do Si and Fi in socionics differ?

In its original form Si is kind like if you smashed parts of Jung's Ni, Se, and Si together. The part about Ni's artistic intent, with Se's hedonism, and Si's obsessive singular focus. Fi is as if you combined the more rigid stereotypes about Sjs with e1 descriptions. Actually the e1 crossover is quite strong. Essentially it's a set of internal values/moral code that needs to be projected out into the world. Which is why the whole introvert/extrovert concept is useless in socionics. As that is the definition of extroverted behaviour.

Do you think that's a good method or a bad method? I'm not all that well versed on socionics beyond the surface.

Technically its bad as there isn't a lot of information about model b in English. And model b clashes (like every other thereom in socionics.) with model a and everything else. Model a being the basis for most surface information floating about typology forums.

So I'll leave you to it; having said my not overly useful piece, and over stayed my welcome. Good luck with whatever it is you want out of this.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like to spend a lot of time reflecting on how I feel about what's going on in my life. I need to be able to process it, make sense of it, work through it. I need to be able to articulate these feelings. I really hate being confused or apathetic. I like when things make sense, and that includes my own feelings.
In what way do you want to make sense of your feelings? Why is it important to you?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In what way do you want to make sense of your feelings? Why is it important to you?

I want to be able to identify them so I can articulate and explain them and be able to share them if I want. I'm the type of person who needs reassurance and support quite often, so being able to process what I feel and explain it to someone else if I so choose to so that they can understand just as well as I do is something that I value.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
I want to be able to identify them so I can articulate and explain them and be able to share them if I want. I'm the type of person who needs reassurance and support quite often, so being able to process what I feel and explain it to someone else if I so choose to so that they can understand just as well as I do is something that I value.
Apart from getting understanding and support from others, is there any other reason that it is so important to you to identify and understand your own feelings? For example if it was no longer possible for people to understand and support you, would you then give up on trying to identify and understand your feelings?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Apart from getting understanding and support from others, is there any other reason that it is so important to you to identify and understand your own feelings? For example if it was no longer possible for people to understand and support you, would you then give up on trying to identify and understand your feelings?

Hmm... if I couldn't articulate them anymore then it wouldn't bring me nearly as much satisfaction, but I still wouldn't want to give up on it. I like being in touch with myself and what I feel, because to me the alternative is being confused, and I hate being confused. I would feel very alone, though. And frustrated. Probably very depressed. But I wouldn't give up on it entirely.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm... if I couldn't articulate them anymore then it wouldn't bring me nearly as much satisfaction, but I still wouldn't want to give up on it. I like being in touch with myself and what I feel, because to me the alternative is being confused, and I hate being confused. I would feel very alone, though. And frustrated. Probably very depressed. But I wouldn't give up on it entirely.
Can you be more specific about what you hate being confused about? What is it that you are trying to understand?

Also, if you had to give up one of the following which would you rather give up:
Being supported and understood by others.
Being in touch with yourself and what you feel.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can you be more specific about what you hate being confused about? What is it that you are trying to understand?

Also, if you had to give up one of the following which would you rather give up:
Being supported and understood by others.
Being in touch with yourself and what you feel.

I hate being confused about what I'm feeling internally. I like when things are clear and make sense, including my feelings. I need to be able to feel at peace and I can't do that if I'm confused about my own emotional reactions to things.

Picking between those two would be too hard... and both would leave me feeling broken and unhappy with my life. Without emotional support and understanding, I would feel too isolated from the world and have no friends, and if I'm not in touch with myself, then I can never have a sense of internal peace. I suppose I would choose the second one, then, but in either scenario I'd be extremely unhappy picking between them.

Edit: Actually, after having given this more thought, I think I would prefer to have the support and understanding of others even if it means I can't understand my own emotions. I really hate having to choose between them, but I think I'd rather be loved by the people I care about than understand myself, as shitty as either option would be, having to go without the other.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate being confused about what I'm feeling internally. I like when things are clear and make sense, including my feelings. I need to be able to feel at peace and I can't do that if I'm confused about my own emotional reactions to things.

Picking between those two would be too hard... and both would leave me feeling broken and unhappy with my life. Without emotional support and understanding, I would feel too isolated from the world and have no friends, and if I'm not in touch with myself, then I can never have a sense of internal peace. I suppose I would choose the second one, then, but in either scenario I'd be extremely unhappy picking between them.

Edit: Actually, after having given this more thought, I think I would prefer to have the support and understanding of others even if it means I can't understand my own emotions. I really hate having to choose between them, but I think I'd rather be loved by the people I care about than understand myself, as shitty as either option would be, having to go without the other.
What do you really enjoy thinking about?
What do you really enjoy talking to people about?
You wrote a book, what is this book about?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do you really enjoy thinking about?
What do you really enjoy talking to people about?
You wrote a book, what is this book about?

I like daydreaming. I have a whole world with characters that I've daydreamed about since I was 10.

Mutual interests and hobbies, but really only with my current friends. I'm scared of people I don't already know.

It's a science fiction/fantasy novel about a girl and her brother who are being hunted across different dimensions. It is largely inspired by my daydreams.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like daydreaming. I have a whole world with characters that I've daydreamed about since I was 10.

Mutual interests and hobbies, but really only with my current friends. I'm scared of people I don't already know.

It's a science fiction/fantasy novel about a girl and her brother who are being hunted across different dimensions. It is largely inspired by my daydreams.
Tell us more about your daydream world with it's characters.
Why is this daydream world so appealing to you?
Tell us about the mutual interests and hobbies that you talk to your close friends about.
What is it that you enjoyed about writing your book?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tell us more about your daydream world with it's characters.
Why is this daydream world so appealing to you?
Tell us about the mutual interests and hobbies that you talk to your close friends about.
What is it that you enjoyed about writing your book?

My daydream world is very personal and private and the characters feel as real to me as real people. It's basically just a world similar to this one, but where anything I want to be possible becomes possible. There are no limitations and no judgments.

I like my world because it's better than this one. It's an escape. I would rather be there than here.

We both like the same music, the same shows, the same games. We never run out of things to talk about with each other.

I enjoyed that I was finally able to take the story that I'd had in my head for so many years of my life and give it a breath of life, on paper. I wrote it for me--not for anyone else, which is why I haven't had any intentions to publish it in the past 4 years.