• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump's Got The Pleurisy

Jaguar

Trump Tweet said:
I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

Tell that to the parents with dead children, asshole. And the children with dead parents.

More crazy shit:

Trump Tweet said:
It is reported that the Media is upset because I got into a secure vehicle to say thank you to the many fans and supporters who were standing outside of the hospital for many hours, and even days, to pay their respect to their President. If I didn’t do it, Media would say RUDE!!!

Rude? No, the media and doctors are calling you insane.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tell that to the parents with dead children, asshole. And the children with dead parents.

More crazy shit:

Rude? No, the media and doctors are calling you insane.

.....aaaaand it all circles back to what appears to be a big publicity shenanigan to try to change perception around how he has handled the virus for those who actually continue to believe what he says. And, since he can now say he's had it, he can go back to being manly about it not being so bad. Gross.

I look forward to a Wag the Dog sort of movie in twenty years about this administration.

Edit: He'll also probably spin it at some point that he's clearly in a better position now to lead, since he's had it and 'survived', and is clearly manly and strong, vs the competition. etc etc.

Jaguar

.....aaaaand it all circles back to what appears to be a big publicity shenanigan to try to change perception around how he has handled the virus for those who actually continue to believe what he says. Gross.

I look forward to a Wag the Dog sort of movie in twenty years about this administration.

The irony here is he wanted Biden tested for "performance enhancing drugs." If anyone should be tested for drugs to keep him going so he looks less ill than he is, it's Trump. Dexamethasone is a steroid drug that can easily have a mouse thinking it can climb Mt. Rushmore. I have little doubt they will keep him jacked up on them, right through the election. But that doesn't mean any doctors will admit it. Like the guy on TV right now, "I'm not going to go into the specifics of what he's on." It's obvious his so-called personal doctor is speaking for an audience of one, with the instructions not to release anything negative.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still feel very confused about what's happening or what Trump's condition is. There is so much "everything's great!", and then references to medications used on severe cases - not even moderate cases, and then "taking every precaution". The whole thing is absolutely bizarre as presented. It does fit with a severe case being masked as "yay whoo-hoo", but it also lines up perfectly as a stunt before election. I think it was planned as a stunt, but I feel uncertain as to whether or not they are in complete control of it, or if it is an actual infection that has gotten out of hand. It's being presented as a media election stunt involving extreme medications. It doesn't add up as presented.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Don't be afraid of COVID" says a man who just got world-class taxpayer healthcare (& treatments many Americans can't access) & who's in court right now trying to rip insurance away from millions.

Meanwhile, 210k Americans are dead & more will die as a result of this negligence.

-Tammy Duckworth (IL Dem Senator)

I think it's safe to guess that he's going home because he chose a lackey doctor who does/says what Trump tells him to do/say. The fact that this guy called him a "phenomenal patient" points to this being the case. There's still hope it can get worse and take this irresponsible jackass out of the picture, is what I'm saying.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also maybe Jr wrote those tweets and they're planning to "weekend at Bernie's" it for the next four years? Could potentially still work out better than if it's Donald Sr.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I still feel very confused about what's happening or what Trump's condition is. There is so much "everything's great!", and then references to medications used on severe cases - not even moderate cases, and then "taking every precaution". The whole thing is absolutely bizarre as presented. It does fit with a severe case being masked as "yay whoo-hoo", but it also lines up perfectly as a stunt before election. I think it was planned as a stunt, but I feel uncertain as to whether or not they are in complete control of it, or if it is an actual infection that has gotten out of hand. It's being presented as a media election stunt involving extreme medications. It doesn't add up as presented.

The truth is that it is too early and we still need about 5 more days to see where his "case" will actually go. I mean this is simply slow disease and they will try to downplay it on various ways for obvious reasons. Therefore it is too early for conclusions and the disease has yet to show itself fully.

In my book and at this point the bigger "show" is that the whole staff is testing positive one by one. That is much bigger deal for the country as a whole.

Jaguar

The truth is that it is too early and we still need about 5 more days to see where his "case" will actually go. I mean this is simply slow disease and they will try to downplay it on various ways for obvious reasons. Therefore it is too early for conclusions and the disease has yet to show itself fully.

He's on a steroid medication. No one—including him—will know the true status of his health since many symptoms will be masked by the medication.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
He's on a steroid medication. No one—including him—will know the true status of his health since many symptoms will be masked by the medication.

This is true. I had pneumonia and once I started taking steroids I felt totally better in like one day. But I didn't actually feel back to normal for a few weeks and the doctor told me I would still have a fever and be contagious, the meds just eased the symptoms and made it easier to breathe.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

In my book and at this point the bigger "show" is that the whole staff is testing positive one by one. That is much bigger deal for the country as a whole.

Yes, exactly. I mean, I'm skeptical because he's a pathologically lying bag of infected pus, but also just because it's unlikely. At the worldometer site: of the 7.5 million confirmed cases, only 5 million have a resolution. And that's 9 months in. For the first 6 months, the number of confirmed cases that had a resolution was remarkably low. That's besides all the periphery crap that keeps happening to people after they think they've recovered.

Jaguar

Anyone who calls other people on the phone using a fake name just to talk himself up is capable of anything.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Jaguar said:
There are whacked out Libertarians who think they should be "free" to walk into a restaurant and shit on the floor. No one is going to make them use a toilet.

I've never met such a libertarian and I doubt you have either.

Jaguar

I've never met such a libertarian and I doubt you have either.

The libertarians I have met are half nuts.

"I shouldn't have to do this, this, this, this, and this. And I don't give a rat's ass who it harms in the process. Don't tread on me, man. Oh, and I'm not paying any income taxes." To which I invariably reply, "Good for you, motherfucker. You'll be in jail in no time."

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NYT: White House Is Not Contact Tracing ‘Super-Spreader’ Rose Garden Event

Despite almost daily disclosures of new coronavirus infections among President Trump’s close associates, the White House is making little effort to investigate the scope and source of its outbreak.

The White House has decided not to trace the contacts of guests and staff members at the Rose Garden celebration 10 days ago for Judge Amy Coney Barrett, where at least eight people, including the president, may have become infected, according to a White House official familiar with the plans.

Instead, it has limited its efforts to notifying people who came in close contact with Mr. Trump in the two days before his Covid diagnosis Thursday evening. It has also cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which has the government’s most extensive knowledge and resources for contact tracing, out of the process.

Contact tracing is an essential piece of any outbreak investigation and is a key to stopping the virus from spreading further, especially after a potential “super spreader” event where many people may have been infected.
[...]
After Mr. Trump’s illness was diagnosed, an internal C.D.C. email on Friday asked the agency’s scientists to be ready to go to Washington for contact tracing, but a request from the White House for assistance never came, according to two senior C.D.C. scientists.

Instead, the tracing efforts are being run by the White House Medical Unit, a group of about 30 doctors, nurses and physician assistants, headed by Dr. Sean Conley, the White House physician, who has been the public spokesman for Mr. Trump’s doctors.

Judd Deere, a White House spokesman, said that a “robust contact tracing program” was underway “led by the White House Medical Unit with C.D.C. integration.” The “integration” refers to an epidemiologist from the C.D.C. who has been detailed to the unit since March, according to a White House official.

But the White House declined to name the scientist. And the C.D.C. referred queries back to the White House. Two senior C.D.C. scientists, who asked not to be identified because they were not authorized to speak, said they were unaware of such a role within the White House.

Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, said in an interview Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that he had spoken to several officials who attended the event in the Rose Garden and that they had not been contacted by anyone.

Deprecator

Truly inspirational and well said by Trump. Since day 1 I felt that the fear of the virus could often be worse than the virus itself. I for one have refused to let the outside fear and hysteria dictate my life.