• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
These remaining 13 days are going to be extremely uncomfortable.

I know that this isn't nice thing to say but I am not sure that all of this will just go way even when Biden takes the helm. After all you guys really need to sort out your civil war that is the background of all this.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know that this isn't nice thing to say but I am not sure that all of this will just go way even when Biden takes the helm. After all you guys really need to sort out your civil war that is the background of all this.

It certainly won't go away but at least the flow of propaganda and divisive rhetoric from the executive branch will cease. After today, I'm not sure Trump will walk away from his presidency legally unscathed from the chaos he's caused over the last 4 years -- Biden repeatedly claimed to want to focus on healing the nation yet I'm not sure how that can possibly happen with Trump being held accountable, and after today's fiasco coupled with the Republican's losing the senate, I don't see how or why they'd even bother to stand in the way of that now.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think anyone believes he's going to disappear; he's a megolomaniac malignant narcissist who's acquired the taste for 70 million cult followers to make him feel a god-like relevance, that's not going away. But he won't remotely have the same power.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It certainly won't go away but at least the flow of propaganda and divisive rhetoric from the executive branch will cease. After today, I'm not sure Trump will walk away from his presidency legally unscathed from the chaos he's caused over the last 4 years -- Biden repeatedly claimed to want to focus on healing the nation yet I'm not sure how that can possibly happen with Trump being held accountable, and after today's fiasco coupled with the Republican's losing the senate, I don't see how or why they'd even bother to stand in the way of that now.

Well, that is the problem since Trumpers may find Biden's new normal to be quite divisive.
Therefore the only real hope of defusing this whole situation is that you quickly start to do something for the people. So form that perspective the incoming Trifecta is truly a present from heavens.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mike Pence was livid 'after all the things I've done' for Trump, according to Oklahoma senator who spoke with the VP

After four years of exchanging his values and integrity and dignity for the office of VP and cleaning up Trump's messes, Pence is shocked and hurt when Trump throws him under the bus without hesitation.

Edit: it's a bad breakup, Pence is in the bathroom crying after Trump threw his half of their sweetheart necklace at him and then started sweet talking other cultists....

Trump said to have told Pence 'I don't want to be your friend' after the vice president refused to block Biden's election certification

This is giving me ESTP/ISFJ bad marriage vibes...

Nicodemus

Mike Pence was livid 'after all the things I've done' for Trump, according to Oklahoma senator who spoke with the VP

After four years of exchanging his values and integrity and dignity for the office of VP and cleaning up Trump's messes, Pence is shocked and hurt when Trump throws him under the bus without hesitation.
Oh, he thought he was special. What a moron.

Betsy DeVos, Education Secretary, is Second Cabinet Member to Resign. - The New York Times

Betsy Devos' heart for the Constitution grows three sizes that day that the Capitol was overrun... now suddenly has a problem with Trump. Think of the children!
She and Mitch's wife don't want to vote for removal, is my guess.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another "Hey, BTW" AKA loss tossed on the smoldering cross-beams of yesterday, just for old times' sake....

The Supreme Court handed Trump another loss in his efforts to overturn the election a day after his supporters stormed the Capitol

The Supreme Court declined Thursday an effort from Trump ally Rep. Louie Gohmert to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

The effort was one of 40 lawsuits pushed by President Donald Trump and his allies seeking to stop President-elect Joe Biden from assuming the office of the presidency since Trump lost the election more than two months ago. None have succeeded.

None of the nine Supreme Court justices - include the three Trump appointed - publicly objected to the order declining Gohmert's challenge.

Also on Thursday, the Trump campaign's attorneys said it would drop all further appeals in their losing lawsuits trying to challenge democracy in Georgia. Biden won a majority of the votes in Georgia, and the presidency.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edit: it's a bad breakup, Pence is in the bathroom crying after Trump threw his half of their sweetheart necklace at him and then started sweet talking other cultists....

:laugh:

eta: I am kinda hoping though that anyone in a powerful enough position to help Trump are gleaning the extent to which there is no floor on how low he expects his loyalists to go and he WILL push anyone under the bus who says no to him.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Don't remember the Alamo, remember the Capitol...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
''A great pick'': Top spies praise Biden choice of Amb. William Burns to head CIA

To fix the utter destruction the Trump administration brought to US foreign policy, to bring badly needed reform to the CIA, to put some expertise back in US intelligence. He would be the first career diplomat to run the CIA and that's a good direction to head. It also tells allies and the rest of the world the shit show of Trump is over.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These remaining 13 days are going to be extremely uncomfortable.

Oh my God, this was only 5 days ago?

ETA: That totally changes the "only 8 days left" energy I was feeling a few minutes ago. Shit. There's 8 whole days left.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ETA: That totally changes the "only 8 days left" energy I was feeling a few minutes ago. Shit. There's 8 whole days left.

In the ten weeks since the election, I feel like I've lived a lifetime.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

I get more nervous with each passing day of what could happen, especially the more cornered he becomes with everything legally looming over him as soon as his presidency ends, coupled with the fall out from the Capitol raid. The rumor floating around now is that his supporters have planned to do the same thing on state capitols around the country.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get more nervous with each passing day of what could happen, especially the more cornered he becomes with everything legally looming over him as soon as his presidency ends, coupled with the fall out from the Capitol raid. The rumor floating around now is that his supporters have planned to do the same thing on state capitols around the country.

I'm kind of confused about the end game there.

I mean, what would that accomplish for him, without the military at his disposal? There is no way he would have any success without the military, which has firmly disavowed his behavior and refuses to go along with this craziness. And if there is any kind of conflict, the military would be at the disposal of Biden or his heir to power, and there's no fucking way the "cosplay" crowd (comparatively speaking) can do anything against the military long-term.

I mean, yes, it would suck to think about, but that is where we are at unfortunately due to his pride and stubbornness and megalomania. (His capitulation today that "his phone call was absolutely perfect" and he has no blame in any of this is sadly on-brand for him. He's a lost cause and I wish people would get it through their heads that he has become an enemy of the US democracy and needs to be removed from his position formally.)

But I really don't believe this crowd is capable of organizing across all 50 state capitols successfully, most of the crowd is not competent (and putting all of their plans on Parler and other public media? Ohhhh-kaaaay); and it would just be a losing move for them, even with any opening success.

I mean, the big concern is just violence in general that would impact regular uninvolved citizens, cause damage to national landmarks, and create temporary chaos / damage our economy / throw various state governments into turmoil. And obviously there is a big concern to particular government figures including Biden/Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, etc.

I mean, you've even got Colin Powell and now other regular GOP figures disavowing Trump and saying he needs to be out of office and that they are leaving the GOP -- and the military has been disavowing him for a long time now. If I was seeing signs that the military as a group was supportive of Trump's behavior, I would be more worried. He doesn't even have the goodwill of all but a few countries in the world -- and even those are probably cutting him down behind his back.

But I do agree that he is backed and backed and backed into a corner -- losing his public media outlets, losing his pride, losing the presidency, probably losing his marriage, losing his lies he has used to bolster his self-image, now Deutsch Bank has dumped him (which suggests he's in big trouble legally plus can no longer afford his bills), and so forth, the authorities will be after him as soon as he is no longer protected by his position. So yes, his behavior could quickly go off the rails -- I'm not just not sure who is backing him in any sense that matters long-term.

What's really horrible is that he always had the option of becoming a decent human being. Not likely, but... all of his problems stem from himself. (So many chances to recant, change his behavior, get a clue, grow up a bit.) And unfortunately they have now swollen so large that they impact not just him but the country and even are felt around the world. I don't think I will ever "feel sorry" for him, but ... in the most general sense, it is a tragedy of Greek proportion.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Armed protests being planned at all 50 state capitols, FBI bulletin says - ABC News

At least place and FBI can plan for it, but I'm concerned too.