• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Analysis by Prof. Sam Vaknin

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I came across this video on Youtube and found it insightful. He offers a comprehensive critique of the MBTI system, and this isn't a video to discredit it. By the end of the video he says he finds it useful with certain disclaimers. I think it is valuable resource to have here because it helps to keep it in perspective showing the ways it is helpful and the ways it is limited. It provides good information to reflect on and discuss if people want to do that.

yeghor

I came across this video on Youtube and found it insightful. He offers a comprehensive critique of the MBTI system, and this isn't a video to discredit it. By the end of the video he says he finds it useful with certain disclaimers. I think it is valuable resource to have here because it helps to keep it in perspective showing the ways it is helpful and the ways it is limited. It provides good information to reflect on and discuss if people want to do that.

I'll watch this.

Turns out he's typed himself an INTJ, which he isn't. (See below)

I've watched dozens of his youtube videos like about 10-15 years ago while I was looking into how to be more aware about narcissists and psychopaths (as I kept being abused by them) and he was defining himself as psychopath or smt similar and he was revelling in the fact that he could be verbally abusive aggressive when he needed to be and if I recall correctly he was involved some kind of fund embezzlement or con of some sorts way back (see below). That is not something an IxxJ would do.

He's an a xxTP of some sort, probably an IxTP given his dominant diagnosis was Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

yeghor

At 18:00 mark in the video, he says that someone in 1990s and a Fanham in 1966 found that:

-S & N is correlated with Openness
-T & F is correlated with Agreeableness
-J & P is correlated with Conscientousness

At 28:15 he says some researchers concluded among other things that MBTI is lacking empirical data for verification of the veracity of it as a model.

At 28:35 he says same researches criticize that MBTI is too rigid in its classification model such that some people score ambivalently in some function pairs, yet the model forces to a certain MBTI type. I think this isn't that important so long as it identifies the core temperament of the person such as ST, SF, NT, NF and the dominant function. We probably have a fluid personality such that we shift b/w the introverted and extraverted versions of our dominant function.

An INFJ can momentarily act like an ENFP, utilizing Ne-Fi for instance when the circumstances demand or allow it, and an ENFP like an INFJ, but the function stack order and their respective strengths cannot change (but can grow stronger as we utilize them by age). An Ni-dom can utilize their Se or Sİ but only when the other stronger functions (coping skills) fail and at a very inferior level compared to an S-dom or S-aux.

At 34:20 He gives his personal opinion about the MBTI Model.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll watch this.

Turns out he's typed himself an INTJ, which he isn't. (See below)

I've watched dozens of his youtube videos like about 10-15 years ago while I was looking into how to be more aware about narcissists and psychopaths (as I kept being abused by them) and he was defining himself as psychopath or smt similar and he was revelling in the fact that he could be verbally abusive aggressive when he needed to be and if I recall correctly he was involved some kind of fund embezzlement or con of some sorts way back (see below). That is not something an IxxJ would do.

He's an a xxTP of some sort, probably an IxTP given his dominant diagnosis was Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I have watched the documentary about him and his crimes and heard his verbal abuse, so I take him cautiously. He is tested as a psychopath, but does teach psychology classes and his lectures are well reasoned. He is an interesting data point on the subject of narcissism, but I don't think should be taken as the only data point.

I'm not sure about your typing because it's quite absolute to think that narcissists have to be internal judging dominants. It is a developmental psychology issue that can happen with any type. I will say that in various discussions I get a sense that you have an internalized system for MBTI that is somewhat distinct from the externally accepted system. I think you are consistent, but the parameters you set for defining types is different from what I have encountered in my 20 years with the subject matter. You have certain characteristics that you associate with types in an absolute way, and it may be based on experience. Any type can commit crimes and his thinking is more definitive and narrowing than expansive like you see with Ne. He is hyper-focused and consistent and sometimes rigid. He also relies heavily on external sources and forms conclusions as distilling the external literature. The pure Ti-dom like John Nash will often come up with a system of thought not found in the available literature, but derived from pure abstracted logic. Because his thinking is highly structured and developed, I would tend to think his self-typing is accurate.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whichever type he is, he banned me from commenting on his youtube.
:rotfl:

Although - i think that also points towards INTJ and distilling mindset. INTPs lean towards the most free speech oriented and are more open to chaos. Although, I was making thoughtful posts.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Looks like some kind of IxTP to me. He clearly has aware emoting of a Fe user and seems to be logic dominant.
Psychopaths can imitate emoting as a tool.

He fits as a INTJ.

Not a bad lecture and literature review. MBTI is psychometricly sound tool. There are some issues with basic MBTI.