• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ChatGPT

ygolo

My termites win
How do you like Bard vs ChatGPT and Dall E vs Stable Diffusion?

I actually haven't used DallE, but stable diffusion and Midjourney have been good enough for me.

Like you mentioned, I like that Bard has access to more recent information. I do feel like chatGPT is better at producing code and refining text.

Claude is actually the most interesting because of it's training goal to be honest, harmless, and helpful. But it also seems the least "intelligent" probably because Anthropic doesn't have access to as much training hardware power as OpenAI or Google.

I would like to try HuggingGPT too. The pace of development is so fast, it's difficult to keep up with the research frontier even in just passing awareness.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually haven't used DallE, but stable diffusion and Midjourney have been good enough for me.

Like you mentioned, I like that Bard has access to more recent information. I do feel like chatGPT is better at producing code and refining text.

Claude is actually the most interesting because of it's training goal to be honest, harmless, and helpful. But it also seems the least "intelligent" probably because Anthropic doesn't have access to as much training hardware power as OpenAI or Google.

I would like to try HuggingGPT too. The pace of development is so fast, it's difficult to keep up with the research frontier even in just passing awareness.
I will try that. I have a final project for a class on Generative AI (40% of our grade), so I'm studying this stuff every day. I've only used Hugging Face to get and run code. Do you have to provide your own GPU to use that?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is so polite!
Eh, my Keurig was just as polite— and he still up n’ quit making me coffee when I needed him most.

UNTRUSTWORTHY! :dont:

ygolo

My termites win
I will try that. I have a final project for a class on Generative AI (40% of our grade), so I'm studying this stuff every day. I've only used Hugging Face to get and run code. Do you have to provide your own GPU to use that?
You can run locally or use the hugging face pipeline to run it in the cloud. Either works.

ygolo

My termites win
as much as I want AI to take over and save humanity from itself, I can't help thinking this thing is the devil.
Started a whole thread about that :)

The tl;dr is that we are a long ways away from Sky-Net, but already knee-deep in alignment problems.

Though in like with the devil, I did post a video there about Molloch...as Liv Boree outlines it, it is sort of a devil of game theory.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can run locally or use the hugging face pipeline to run it in the cloud. Either works.
Stable diffusion takes forever to render images on my mac. Do you have a GPU connected to your machine?

ygolo

My termites win
Stable diffusion takes forever to render images on my mac. Do you have a GPU connected to your machine?
I use their discord, so that is also done on their machines. It has been a while though.

edit: I guess you now need to set up their discord bot on your server (an idea for typoC?). You can use their dream studio too. There are always the APIs as well. I suppose that everything except local is expensive though.

Last edited:

ygolo

My termites win
Interesting graphic:
ChatGPT-Exam-Scores_MAIN.jpg

It's getting better at the rote stuff, like we'd except.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I saw someone use it for typing people.

It's terrible at that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh the perils one can face....

A lawyer who created a brief filled with fake judicial opinions and legal citations, all generated by ChatGPT, is to appear before a Manhattan judge on Thursday to face something much more real: potential sanctions for his conduct.

The hearing was ordered after the lawyer, Steven A. Schwartz, acknowledged recently that he had used the artificial intelligence program as part of his research for the brief.

“I simply had no idea that ChatGPT was capable of fabricating entire case citations or judicial opinions, especially in a manner that appeared authentic,” Mr. Schwartz said in a declaration filed on Tuesday with the judge, P. Kevin Castel of Federal District Court....

“This case has reverberated throughout the entire legal profession,” said David Lat, a legal commentator. “It is a little bit like looking at a car wreck. But it is also a valuable object lesson about the perils of relying upon A.I. tools in legal practice.”

The case involved a man named Roberto Mata, who had sued the airline Avianca ....Avianca asked Judge Castel to dismiss the lawsuit because the statute of limitations had expired. Mr. Mata’s lawyers responded with a 10-page brief citing more than half a dozen court decisions, with names like Martinez v. Delta Air Lines, Zicherman v. Korean Air Lines and Varghese v. China Southern Airlines, in support of their argument that the suit should be allowed to proceed.

But after Avianca’s lawyers said they were unable to locate the cases, Judge Castel ordered Mr. Mata’s lawyers to provide the court with copies of the opinions. They submitted a compendium of eight of the decisions.

It turned out the cases were not real...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Damn, no wonder writers are on strike..

[Me] Can you tell me a bedtime story involving a black cat - one you made up all by yourself?

[ChatGPT] Certainly!

Magical Black Cat's Adventure​

[Me] Can you explain how you made up that story?

[ChatGPT] Certainly! As an AI language model, I generate stories by using a combination of pre-existing knowledge and creative language generation. Here's a general breakdown of the process I went through to create the bedtime story about Luna, the black cat: