• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kanye West Murders Bohemian Rhapsody

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has Kanye done something tremendously influential that non-americans haven't heard of?

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has Kanye done something tremendously influential that non-americans haven't heard of?

In his mind, no doubt. In reality, not really.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

i think he influenced the state of modern hip-hop a lot. i'm not really sure which american music gets popular in other countries though.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Poor Queen, what was that...

i think he influenced the state of modern hip-hop a lot. i'm not really sure which american music gets popular in other countries though.

I would say he is quite popular in Europe. I have some friends who really like his music. And its definately not my favourite genre of music, still I very like 808s&Heartbreak :)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hip hop is quite popular still. Rock and stuff doesn't get popular unless they become a major hits.

For example I only got to know about Radiohead and Kills very recently and from this forum.

There are faithful heavy metal fans in most countries except probably where they are censored. However, they have such wannabe vibes. They know not everyone listens to such heavy stuff so they pretend to like their music. When asked questions from them regarding these bands they sometimes don't even know the basic infor.

I do listen to heavy stuff but again only ones which have become really famous.

Hip hop and heavy metal singers aren't usually good singers. I wonder whether that's the reason you don't get vocally talented people getting famous these days because not much singing is needed in the latter genres.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
kanye was at least a major factor, if not the catalyst, in hiphop music that didn't fit the hardcore gangster rap mold rising in popularity. i don't think, for instance, drake could have happened without kanye opening that door.

808s and heartbreak, despite being his most polarizing album has also really changed the style of r&b as well. he can't sing and he knows it, and quite frankly he isn't an amazing rapper - vocal or lyric wise - but his impact on style and production in music has been huge. (and he's had his moments lyrically too imo. at least in the sense of approaching topics in his music that weren't mainstream at the time.)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hip hop is quite popular still. Rock and stuff doesn't get popular unless they become a major hits.

For example I only got to know about Radiohead and Kills very recently and from this forum.

There are faithful heavy metal fans in most countries except probably where they are censored. However, they have such wannabe vibes. They know not everyone listens to such heavy stuff so they pretend to like their music. When asked questions from them regarding these bands they sometimes don't even know the basic infor.

I do listen to heavy stuff but again only ones which have become really famous.

Hip hop and heavy metal singers aren't usually good singers. I wonder whether that's the reason you don't get vocally talented people getting famous these days because not much singing is needed in the latter genres.

Depends on what kind of stuff you're talking about. There's not only one hip-hop style and there's not only one metal style. Power metal especially can have very demanding vocals.

Hip-hop has influenced a lot of things. It helped to spawn breakbeat, trip hop, breakcore, glitch hop, ghetto funk, future funk, neuro hop, etc etc.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a door that should have been kept closed.

unapologetically pro-drake, sorry DUDE. but he was just an example, you know what i meaaan.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish I could care about this stuff. Does that make me care about it when I post here?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was trying to take a break from this forum, but I was lurking and this thread was trolling my heart. I've listened to College Dropout by Kanye like a hundred times, and he retains my good graces partially because of that and the fact that I believe that a large amount of people in the public eye are just as egotistical and ridiculous, but have different PR strategies.

Kanye wasn't seriously trying to cover Queen and any band that I've heard trying to seriously cover Queen has failed. People don't understand that Queen is just a really silly band with amazing technical skills and huge bravado. Seems like a natural connection to K.

Crabs

Permabanned
Also, I hate that guy. He's such a shameless egomaniac.

Agreed. Terrible music is one thing, but being insufferably arrogant on top of that, is another.

Nope. Just his usual asshattery. Kanye recently got Kanye'd on stage and he was NOT a happy camper.

635711122940803717-LL-BD-Kanye-0629.jpg

Apparently, people in the crowd at Glastonbury were flying a giant flag with an image from Kim Kardashian's infamous sex tape of her performing oral sex on someone else. As tasteless as it may be, there's a certain satisfaction in knowing that it infuriated him.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. Terrible music is one thing, but being insufferably arrogant on top of that, is another.

Nope. Just his usual asshattery. Kanye recently got Kanye'd on stage and he was NOT a happy camper.

635711122940803717-LL-BD-Kanye-0629.jpg

Apparently, people in the crowd at Glastonbury were flying a giant flag with an image from Kim Kardashian's infamous sex tape of her performing oral sex on someone else. As tasteless as it may be, there's a certain satisfaction in knowing that it infuriated him.

Wow that is disgustingly tasteless. Ladies this is why you shouldn't make sex tapes or sleep around too much. Even if it doesn't bother you, it could be used against your loved ones.

His songs are nice though. I went through some stuff i've never heard before. Came across 'homecoming' and love it.

He does have nice songs.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
His music kind of sucks because it is unimaginative. If you enjoy his music, to each his own, but it's a bit silly when he props himself up as some great visionary who is revolutionizing music. Mofo didn't invent autotune, that shit's been used for years.

He seems delusional. Narcissistic traits. Insecure.

I don't think it's at all racist to make fun of him. I've heard more black people than white people bash him. I was waiting for my wife at the barber a few weeks ago and the general consensus among the employees was that he is an self-important idiot in love with the sound of his own voice. They were also bashing Bill Cosby, among others. Many supposed "black role models" may only be so in the eyes of white people.

I'm thankful for him. He's provided many laughs. Thanks for the memories, Kanye.

Crabs

Permabanned
His music kind of sucks because it is unimaginative. If you enjoy his music, to each his own, but it's a bit silly when he props himself up as some great visionary who is revolutionizing music. Mofo didn't invent autotune, that shit's been used for years.

He seems delusional. Narcissistic traits. Insecure.

I don't think it's at all racist to make fun of him. I've heard more black people than white people bash him. I was waiting for my wife at the barber a few weeks ago and the general consensus among the employees was that he is an self-important idiot in love with the sound of his own voice. They were also bashing Bill Cosby, among others. Many supposed "black role models" may only be so in the eyes of white people.

I'm thankful for him. He's provided many laughs. Thanks for the memories, Kanye.

I had no idea about this feud with Jimmy Kimmel. Supposedly, he wanted Jimmy to issue a public apology for this skit. :rotfl:

And then he expects people to not criticize him for his nonsensical rants?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Wow that is disgustingly tasteless. Ladies this is why you shouldn't make sex tapes or sleep around too much. Even if it doesn't bother you, it could be used against your loved ones.

His songs are nice though. I went through some stuff i've never heard before. Came across 'homecoming' and love it.

He does have nice songs.

His best song is Gay Fish isn't it?

Objectively so I would say.