• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

intps,entp, or nps do you sometimes experience introverted intuition?

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
All of the time.
Usually though, it's after a situation that I can think about what happened (Si/Ti) and suddenly understand the situation better (Ne/Ti).

My Si and Ne usually work together. When Iisten to someone, not debating, I simply take it as it is. Then I remember what he said and then really understand what he's talking about, all hapening inside of my head. (Ti)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think Ni is necessarily just random "flashes of insight". Perhaps for an Ni dom.; but we're talking about NTP's for whom it is shadow. It's not going to come out so consciously and strong like that. It will instead, likely shadow our Ne (and thus be hard to distinguish from it).

I've been recently emphasizing this in terms of the different "special" function positions [in contrast to "general" functions anyone uses] are basically from the "complexes" (which are lesser senses of "I" alongside the ego). So for an NTP, it would be the Opposing Personality, or Witch/Senex, which are the parts of us that feel obstructed or negated, and then react in some usually negative way.
Ni itself [also been working on further simplifying function definitions] is a perception of "what could be", where a pattern is "filled" in by inferring meaning from an individual, impression (which is thus internal and also likely unconscious, like a "hunch"), as opposed to inferring from another pattern (in the environment), which is what Ne is. That's the difference between the two attitudes!
(And when I say "what could be", it's not necessarily "future" as it is often made out to be. I mean "could be" as opposed to "what is", which is the S focus, and a judgment function is really needed to add a timelike element such as what will happen in the future).

So yes, since it comes from the unconscious, it may show up like a "flash" of "insight", but this will be more noticeable for types who prefer it. For NTP's, it will be more like a background feeling that influences their perception. Like for me, a sense something is wrong in a situation (including something that was really desired, but then there's this fear that all is not what it seems. The Senex is said to be connected with an ego one-sidedness, so that when the dominant is too rigid [and the aux. filling in with its external iNtuition of comparing the situation to other patterns], such as in my sense of the way things "should" be, then when it looks like some things are working out that way, there will be this sense that it's "too good to be true", and likely, it will turn out to be not what it was cracked up to be, because the dominant was relied on a bit too much).
This does not usually come as a "flash", because of the fact that the function itself (not just the natural source of its impressions, but the "shadow" complex it is connected with also) is unconscious.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Add him to your ignore list? Personally I am a fan of the rustic feel of the place, but if I ever felt my eyes are too sensitive for spam it's what I'd have to do to you.

I never used ignore list on any forum. I want to see it all, regardless of whether i like it or not..

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not really, no

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do I experiences "aha" moments and hunches and insights and realizations where everything comes into place? All the time, and pretty frequently.

Is that what introverted intuition actually is? Probably not. It's something everyone experiences, so at least not in any frameworks that could be useful for differentiating between people. To understand the connections between this description and Ni, ask yourself not what it takes to identify with the experience of "aha" moments, but what it takes to identify with the belief that yours are almost always right.

This pretty much. Ni isn't the same as getting aha moments and the like. While Ni can create them, so can probably other functions and combinations as well. I think the real difference between Ni and other functions is that Ni comes with this unquestionable knowing, you just know what something is, without having any evidence or proof as to why it is that way. I for example knew my group of friends would split up a couple of years ago. Why? I didn't know. But I just knew that it wasn't going to last and it didn't. Less to do with "aha", that's how it is, and more "this is how it's going to be". I actually think the whole "eureka" stuff is more Ne, honestly, connecting the dots between seemingly unrelated phenomena.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Add him to your ignore list? Personally I am a fan of the rustic feel of the place, but if I ever felt my eyes are too sensitive for spam it's what I'd have to do to you.

I don't get why some people have such an aversion to using that feature.

Oh gods, I hate that so much...

Yes, there's a basic obliviousness I often have, along with a few other factors.

BigApplePi

MBTI Type
INTP
hi to the intps entps and nps im just doing a survey and would to know if you experience ah ha moments and sudden flashes of inishgt?and could you personalty describe them thanks?
If I were to suddenly solve a problem where after some effort everything falls into place, that could be called Ni. But it would be momentary and I would convert it to Si meaning aesthetic appreciation. I wouldn't have Ni just like that because I wouldn't trust it as the answer without having preceded it with a lot of thought. It's against my principles to accept something magically or to favor it without backup logic.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Yes I do, I often have aha moments popping out at me all the time, and I would also have sudden flashes of insights.

But I believe that everybody, regardless of which mbti type they are, are capable of experiencing intuition. Intuition doesn't necessarily equate to Ni, imo.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Isn't it the case that we all use it all the time (along with the other functions) but it is more dominant in others and forms the premise of MBTI or something.

The "aha" moments may be in conjunction with other functions, Ti, Te, Fe or Fi, and for perceivers/judgers alike.

I had an "aha" moment recently in the supermarket when they played "Take On Me"

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This is me intimidating people with my introverted intuition

giphy.gif

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Isn't it the case that we all use it all the time (along with the other functions) but it is more dominant in others and forms the premise of MBTI or something.

The "aha" moments may be in conjunction with other functions, Ti, Te, Fe or Fi, and for perceivers/judgers alike.

I had an "aha" moment recently in the supermarket when they played "Take On Me"

According to socionics yes because it defines the whole thing differently, but MBTI and jung define functions as N T F S, not with their I/E and say that we use 4 functions, not 8. I/E is the attitude of the functions, and they are opposites, if you understand what attitude means, then its obvious that you cant hold two conflicting and opposite attitudes.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
According to socionics yes because it defines the whole thing differently, but MBTI and jung define functions as N T F S, not with their I/E and say that we use 4 functions, not 8. I/E is the attitude of the functions, and they are opposites, if you understand what attitude means, then its obvious that you cant hold two conflicting and opposite attitudes.

Tbh I still have to look into Socionics properly...

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes but it happens from a deep meditation, almost like I have to grab a model or system of thought and rotate it, as to attain a perspective from which something is realised. This happens almost daily for me, sometimes it's not so big, and sometimes it's a life changing epiphany involving individual experiences pieced together from years of my life.

Mane

Permabanned
A more relevant question: Can NPs generate a whole new world view completely divorced and often contradictory to the perspective they have held a few moments prior, without ever needing to process, change their minds or reconcile with their previously held perspectives?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A more relevant question: Can NPs generate a whole new world view completely divorced and often contradictory to the perspective they have held a few moments prior, without ever needing to process, change their minds or reconcile with their previously held perspectives?

Well, I need to get there through a rational pathway; my NP is more about the "a-ha" insight that opens up new possibilities that my rationality then quickly crunches to see if they make sense. That being said, my NP is very flexible -- I'm always looking for new paths, pushing and prodding, and I'm willing to throw out what I was holding onto if the new way makes more sense.

[unfortunately, this can create commitment issues]

I look at my old approach as more of a "It made sense at the time, based on what I knew; but now I have realized something different that has changed my perspective."

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I look at my old approach as more of a "It made sense at the time, based on what I knew; but now I have realized something different that has changed my perspective."

I view it as process of refinement. Throwing out the stuff that doesn't work, and putting stuff in there that might work better. I suppose to some people it might make me look like a liar or like I'm contradicting myself, but the stuff I said before I usually believed at the time. I think it's better to revise your theories in light of new information rather than worry about whether or not what you're saying now agrees with everything you've ever said since you were a fetus. Failing to change to fill new niches is failing to adapt, and adaptation is key to survival.

I'm of the opinion that as long as I consider outside data, and allow myself to take new information into account, I will be safe from becoming wrecked on rocky shoals, in so far as it is possible for me to protect myself. The colossal blunders people make usually seem to happen when they demand that the outside world adhere to the way they think things should be, and refuse to hear any contradictory evidence or information. I've been on the internet a long time, much of it as a lurker, but I've seen the political winds shift radically a few times now, and this gives me an idea of what kinds of ideas are likely to have staying power, and which kinds are likely to crash and burn. (It's also interesting to see how the internet has changed as it's become more "mainstream", but I digress.)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Yes, I would say I use Ni. At least with my understanding of it.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is a lot of debate on this but personally I'd argue that no, you don't. I take a Jungian approach to the idea of "shadow functions" and assume that anything you as an xNxP (or xSxJ) type experience as "Ni" is actually some manifestation of Si and/or Ne. If you haven't actually seen the world through the Ni lens, it's hard to realize you may not be experiencing it at all.

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I honestly don't really know... I think I do but I don't know...