• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If You Could?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if i could time travel at this moment i'd go to the past and kill the people who made race a construct. other times i dunno depends on what's going on.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This whole going back as anything more than an observer is troubling. I understand the urge to change things for the better, but butterfly effect, folks. I'd be tempted to kill Hitler or Cortez on the eve of the invasion of Mexico, but what if Hitler's absence paves the way for an even worse butcher? What if the absence of Hitler means the USSR expands into Western Europe in the late 30s/early 40s? What if JFK still takes us into Vietnam and fails to get any meaningful civil rights legislation passed (Johnson was better at getting democrats behind it)? It would be difficult to predict if any changes led to better or worse futures.

I remember this novel 'Bring the Jubilee' about a 20th century where the Confederacy won the civil war.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I were going back to the past to change a political outcome I'd go to 1911 and cause an 'accident' on Jekyll Island where no one survives.

soremfinger

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Travel in time:

1) Would you travel to the past or the future?

Past.

2) If you could only travel to the past, what past event would you choose to witness? Your birth? Seeing your Grandparent's meet? The trial of Galileo? The Beatles performing? ANYthing your heart desires.

I'll try to prevent my brother's death.

Bonus: A time travel cartoon that I adore

kill%20hitler_zpspyvkqrf2.png

Check this movie out if you could. It's an indie movie portraying 'Time Travel' in a very realistic manner...as in theoretical textbook physics realistic. Very underrated and a bit hard to understand too. Since, you're an intuitive you'll do fine trying to unravel its mystery.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hard to say. I'd definitely go and see what the 50's and 60's looked like, for sure, but I am also wondering what the future will be like as well.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The future will be like one of those dystopian nightmare movies, but worse because it'll be all of them combined and it'll smell bad. So, I can wait for it.

I'd like to be with Jesus, but lots of people say that. Maybe I should see all the miracles happening around Moses. I imagine my time machine as something that flies and I'd hover it over the Red Sea, waiting to see the miracle of it parting, and the wind from my machine would blow the waters and the Jews would run across. And I'd be like "wait, I didn't mean to do that," and then I'd yank on the button that to fly my machine upwards and the Egyptian army would get crushed in the waters. And I'd be like "Oops. I guess that's how that happened."

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I imagine my time machine as something that flies and I'd hover it over the Red Sea, waiting to see the miracle of it parting, and the wind from my machine would blow the waters and the Jews would run across. And I'd be like "wait, I didn't mean to do that," and then I'd yank on the button that to fly my machine upwards and the Egyptian army would get crushed in the waters. And I'd be like "Oops. I guess that's how that happened."

Predestination paradox?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) neither, but far future if I had to choose.

2) idk lol

sorry cloudpatrol. :shrug:

I mean people didn't necessarily brush their teeth back then. Showers weren't like they are today in America. No AC.

It's inferior Se. I just like the now. Lol and not that adventurous. Even though it just depends I guess

If I don't know what to do for sure with my life now, what makes the past any fun? I'm at the point of my life that anything monumental of history. Is like ok cool kind of feeling but it's old news.

Maybe sx/sp:laugh:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) neither, but far future if I had to choose.

2) idk lol

sorry cloudpatrol. :shrug:

I mean people didn't necessarily brush their teeth back then. Showers weren't like they are today in America. No AC.

It's inferior Se. I just like the now. Lol and not that adventurous. Even though it just depends I guess

If I don't know what to do for sure with my life now, what makes the past any fun? I'm at the point of my life that anything monumental of history. Is like ok cool kind of feeling but it's old news.

Maybe sx/sp:laugh:

What about travel to the present in alternate timelines? Would you do that instead?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about travel to the present in alternate timelines? Would you do that instead?

Yes as long as I was guaranteed a way back whenever I felt like it. And it wasn't the pessimistic side of things lol.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Travel in time:

2) If you could only travel to the past, what past event would you choose to witness? Your birth? Seeing your Grandparent's meet? The trial of Galileo? The Beatles performing? ANYthing your heart desires.

If I had to choose, it's most useful to travel to the future. I would pick one of two things:
1. 10 years from now to know what to invest in
2. To know where I would go after i die and know what it is like

If I were to go back to the past, I would go back to when Jesus was alive and witness the resurrection or some miracles or something like that.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Travel in time:

The past. I would like to see my maternal grandmother (my namesake), who did not live to meet me, the day she gave birth to my mother.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Travel in time:

1) I'd travel to the past. Nothing good can come from visiting the future. Either the future is great and when you come back your present sucks because it's not as good as the future, or the future sucks, in which case you won't enjoy the present, thinking that it's only going to get worse.

2) I wouldn't choose any moment of my private life. As much as I'd like to change my present by deleting things I shoud/shouldn't have done, I can't be sure that changing the past will make my present better (nor even talking about the time paradoxes and parallel timelines). I'd visit moments as landscapes, such as a Queen concert live, with the one and only Freddie Mercury. If I had to participate, I'd go to chat with Da Vinci, who is my personal idol; and maybe travel with hippies of the 60s in a van like this:

Favim.com-2168.jpg

Starry

Travel in time:

Ancient Egypt, Israel, Greece, Rome...

I'd be scared though at first. Could I have the power of invisibility too just until I get my bearings?

I'd like to travel to the future as well...but don't want to learn anything about my current life prior to having lived it.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a historian so this is the kind of question that's bound to paralyze me. I'll have to give it some more thought.

Starry

I'm a historian so this is the kind of question that's bound to paralyze me. I'll have to give it some more thought.

Please come back and respond. I think it would be so interesting to hear with your knowledge all the places you would go.

stone

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would travel to past because I don't think the future looks very bright in general.