• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If You Could?

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Travel in time:

1) Would you travel to the past or the future?

2) If you could only travel to the past, what past event would you choose to witness? Your birth? Seeing your Grandparent's meet? The trial of Galileo? The Beatles performing? ANYthing your heart desires.

Bonus: A time travel cartoon that I adore

kill%20hitler_zpspyvkqrf2.png

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
man...i'd love to go to the past just to check out what it's like to live in certain time periods. not really any specific even tho i would like to have gone to woodstock or see the beatles too but if i could only pick one i'd pick the future. probably like 20-30 years just so i could see if things improve for my kiddos in this crazy ass country.

Tater

i would travel to the past specifically to see dinosaurs in their natural habitat.

if dinosaurs were never a thing, i'd want to go to the future. invest before leaving, then withdraw once there. see how far humanity has come. i hope we make it to a star trek kind of future.

or maybe mix the best of both worlds:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Probably when God kicked the Devil out of heaven, just to see the smirk on his face.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Traveling into the future would give me too much anxiety upon returning to the present, and traveling to the past would make me worried that even the slightest seemingly inconsequential action could set the butterfly effect in motion and drastically change the trajectory of my current life. But I'd probably throw that caution to the wind and pray that whoever missed out on a seat to this show didn't care that much, because I would definitely go back in time to watch this one particular concert and take it all in without anyone else interrupting my flow:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
future. there's nothing for me in the past. nothing i want to deal with anyway.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Travel in time:

2) If you could only travel to the past, what past event would you choose to witness? Your birth? Seeing your Grandparent's meet? The trial of Galileo? The Beatles performing? ANYthing your heart desires.

I love that comic! Great find. :yes:

If I could go back into time... My personality splits so much with this.

What the ambitious person in me would do: Invest in something I already know will make it big, and buy cheap land in an area I already know will be big... Come back to the real world, and build a baller ass Addams family house and have the money to chill for generations so I could do my passions without pesky work being in the way.

What my idealistic self would do: Go into the future, and see all the amazing things my lifetime won't afford me to see.. I'd say somewhere like 300 years into the future. The reality is all the cool past-y things I wanna see suck for girls so I've never been too interested in past time travel.

But if I only could go to the past, and only witness one event in a non-able-to-change-things-ghost-like-way...
Runner ups: Being there when JFK was assassinated, meet Audie Murphy ( Audie Murphy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), and witnessing the First Flight of the wright brothers, who I have everything to thank for being able to travel and see my family.

What I would witness: D-Day.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Travel in time:

Past. There are things in the past that I know I like, whereas I have no idea about the future. :D

One of the first things that comes to mind:

My grandpa worked for Hyman Rickover (who would have been a captain at the time, IIRC) as an engineer in the Electrical Section at the Bureau of Ships. He once talked about standing on Constitution Avenue watching Eisenhower go by. I wish I could have been there too.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Travel in time:

Do I get to participate or just watch?

If I get to just watch, then no, I don't want to be in the future. I don't like spoilers or teasers.

But I don't really want to be in the past. I feel like it's counterproductive to visit what has already been done. Maybe it can inspire change in the present, but it must be balanced with a goal in mind.

As for specific events, maybe I'd like to see who my first time is with, or go back to NY 2 years ago.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Travel in time:
If by travelling you mean as a spectator/tourist, i don't know if I'd like to revisit the past except for knowing what things exactly were like i.e. the genesis of the truths or myths that exist today. As for being a tourist in the future, I would like to experience it as it happens but the enticement in it is for making more balanced and well informed decisions now.

But if by travelling you mean living in those times, then definitely the future and not the past, and something like a century from now at least.

Travel in time:
It is difficult to name just one event in the past that i could single out as the only on I would like to witness/be a part of.
I would go to music events, poetry recitations, specific moments/days/months in history, events in nature, and to specifically spend time with some of the great minds we've had like the great thinkers, philosophers, mathematicians, economists, humanists, poets, artists, performers, and basically intelligent, talented, gifted, and great human beings in history.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Travel in time:

I would to travel to somewhere between 1940s and 1970s, I just love this era..

Michael Jackson performing.. I ADORE him, or the time he released Thriller..
Witnessing my birth is a good idea too, my gorgeous INTJ mother was all dressed up when she went to the hospital, high heels, big flower on one side of her hair, full makeup, my aunt came along and was like "Girll :bored: You have no idea what you will be going through right now" yep she had NO idea..
Love you mom :blowkiss:

Well I would try to distract his parents you know.. so that they will not be able to produce him on the first place..

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Past. I would love to meet the buddha. Perhaps he would help me attain nirvana.

Also the future, 30 years from now and see which companies i should invest in :D. Get other gambling related sports details as well.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I gave it some thought and I think I would go into the future far enough (maybe a couple of thousands of years), and check out the environment first to see if I can reach my goal of getting the best medical attention for free, that's of course if there is something to go visit, and the human race didn't wipe itself out again like it always does. So if things look good, I'll stick around, get all the medication that will make me live long enough to go see all the places/events I want to find out about. Then go back in time millions of years to check out the dinosaurs and how the species competed with each other (nothing new), but the how and why, how they evolved based on survival and keep jumping back through time until the beginning of earth, then fast forward back to the future. Then jump thousands of years after I got my medical attention, see how as a species we travel through space and colonise other worlds and how the human body adapted to survive in such environments. What the humans did to their bodies, either through science or natural selection. And to see if the humans ever do learn from their mistakes, or if they are doomed to just keep on repeating it, getting all emotional and cling on to religion, did we regress (beyond cultural appropriation nonsense, racism, monetary systems) or did we progress, did we finally get over ourselves, to realise how similar we all really are and stop running around like a bunch of scared babies fighting over resources.

edit: oh yes and of course, check out all the stuff that science predicted, speculated about:

• was there a single landmass of Pangaea, how accurate were they?
  • what will the compass be doing back then and in the future?
  • did we finally figure out how to travel faster in space, how efficient did we get?
  • it's not a question of if, but how did we meddle with nature and did we do something good for all?
  • did we finally do good and thought out our consequences of our actions?
  • did the human species finally realise that as humans we're not that special?
then of course

• were we successfully able to terraform planets?
  • did we create planets for animals to roam freely without our interference
  • are people still hunting for trophies?
  • did we finally plant some trees instead of living in concrete jungles
  • did we leave earth, what happens 4 billions of years from now?
  • will the sun absorb the earth, did we settle on other planets?
  • did we take care of other animals and just keep them in a prison *cough*, I mean a zoo to be shot at because we're afraid that they might do something
  • what happens with A.I. do they like us? Did we treat them with respect, or is it the fight over resources all over again?
  • how many scientific theories were proven wrong, and/or right?

Would be nice to find all of this out.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like to travel about 500 years into the future to see how far humanity has come. Since we blew our chance for Star Trek world by not electing Bernie, I'd want to see if we elected Trump and rabid gangs of wasteland marauders fight over the last remaining gasoline or if we elected Hillary and have to live with rabid multinational corporations that build killer replicants and sacrifice their employees to bring deadly aliens back to earth. Is this a one time thing? If not then I want to travel another several thousand years ahead to find out if we're living in Futurama world or if Trump's Morlock descendants have taken over the planet. I'd want to see what form of life evolved on our world in another several million years and whether humans "made it" or were an evolutionary dead end.

Then I might travel back in time to see the lighthouse of Alexandria or perhaps back 30-50 thousand more years to see if Atlantis was a real civilization. Perhaps back to the early stages of the universe too. That would be pretty. Then ahead billions of years to the heat death of the universe to enjoy some ultimate peace and quiet and enjoy being the last living carbon lifeform.

How do we control for certain variables? Like, the planet would be at a different point in space and time, so by traveling through time, would the time machine somehow be able to adjust and match our present day coordinates on the earth (and even if it did, what if we materialized at the bottom of a prehistoric ocean or encased in a rock formation that hasn't been pushed up from the earth yet?), or would we end up floating in space because the earth wasn't where it was when we left and the machine couldn't adjust accordingly?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]

Your first paragraph reminded me of Back To The Future ;)

---

Man....I keep thinking about it and not really coming up with an answer.

I have an aversion to knowing the future, so that's out. I guess the past so I could gift Hitlers mom with some Tide laundry packets and tell her it was candy for little Adolf. Then I would walk away, laughing maniacally....

Or I would just see some really awesome concerts. Probably that.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I've been a fan of sci fi and fantasy starting when I was a pre-teen, and I love sci fi especially because it takes place hundreds or tens of thousands of years in the future, in all parts of the galaxy. I would totally be curious to travel very far into the future. Forget about 'just Earth' (in a long range sense humanity on Earth is likely doomed anyway). I'd like to see if there were anything going on beyond Earth. :yes:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Past. There are things in the past that I know I like, whereas I have no idea about the future. :D

One of the first things that comes to mind:

My grandpa worked for Hyman Rickover (who would have been a captain at the time, IIRC) as an engineer in the Electrical Section at the Bureau of Ships. He once talked about standing on Constitution Avenue watching Eisenhower go by. I wish I could have been there too.

those hitler finds out videos never get old for me.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Travel in time:

I dunno. I think the past. There is so much to see. And I feel like going to the future kinds of ruins the future-the sort of excitement generated by the unknown.

And Id probably go back and take care of some...personal things first-then maybe explore different events in history.