• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I realised I'm the impostor.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Yeah, I'm the person that people who have impostor syndrome are afraid of being. I'm a legit impostor. It's because I always admired skills based on sensing and thinking so I always wanted to be someone like a craftsman, a wargame developer or martial artist. But I could never mobilize enough energy to it and maintain the sort of intense focus on physical or logical required for a long time.
I think one of the reasons for it was that my mother is an ENTJ and also I grew up in abusive environment when it comes to school and other stuff linked to peers which gave me social anxiety and made me a loner. Almost all recommended jobs for INFPs are about working with people so it's a problem.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Are you typing as INFP now instead of ENFP?

I agree that INFP careers tend to be people focused, especially one on one.

I'm an INFJ and I'm Se'd up with all the drinking and smoking.

I'm going to try and Ti up to get into a STEM career.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Are you typing as INFP now instead of ENFP?

I agree that INFP careers tend to be people focused, especially one on one.

I'm an INFJ and I'm Se'd up with all the drinking and smoking.

I'm going to try and Ti up to get into a STEM career.
Yeah. I realised that Fi is my dominant function and also, articulation is the biggest problem for me. Also, my other is definitely an ENFJ, not INFJ - I connect with her mainly on Fi-Fe line. Probably another reason why I didn't get along with Coach.

Feeling like there's no way out for me, sigh.

How much do you drink and smoke?

STEM is absolutely dominated by Thinkers now. All the supposed INFJs there were mistyped. I don't think basing career on tertiary is a realistic option. No way to keep up with competition.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Yeah. I realised that Fi is my dominant function and also, articulation is the biggest problem for me. Also, my other is definitely an ENFJ, not INFJ - I connect with her mainly on Fi-Fe line. Probably another reason why I didn't get along with Coach.

Feeling like there's no way out for me, sigh.

How much do you drink and smoke?

STEM is absolutely dominated by Thinkers now. All the supposed INFJs there were mistyped. I don't think basing career on tertiary is a realistic option. No way to keep up with competition.
There are all sorts of reasons not to get along with Chenault haha.

I get drunk most days and smoke a lot of baccy cones.

I have a maths major and used to be the king of maths. I feel that data science is the best option for me at this point.
(The problem is that while I'm very mathematical, I did pure maths, and I'm not a tech person)

If you're still confused at all about your type, a good way to figure it out is to read the first parts of your posts and see if it sounds more Ne or Fi. The auxiliary shows in the second paragraph.

Btw do you know of any INFJ friendly careers I can do with a maths degree (including ones for no degree)?

Last edited:

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
One of the best students I ever met in chemistry was an ISFJ who dreamed of being an obstretician. They were definitely people oriented over concept oriented, yet they did great and are now pursuing a great career in academia.
ISFJs literally have dominant Introverted Sensing.

The only thing that's stopping you is your depression.
The problem precedes depression, it's just that I didn't pay attention to it before I got deeper into typology and realized it's not just about introversion/extroversion but affects many aspects of life.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Yes. Them being Si-Fe is exactly my point. You're using typology as an excuse.

If you want an example of a great NF scientist: Niels Bohr, INFJ, if you read his philosophical writings you'll definitely see the Ni-Fe-Ti, and that the dude ain't NT at all.
Bohr sounds like an INTP to me.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Yes. Them being Si-Fe is exactly my point. You're using typology as an excuse.
Your point makes no sense. First, you're starting with not understanding what Introverted Sensing does - if you'd read Dario Nardi's description of Introverted Sensing type, you'd realize why there's nothing weird about ISFJ successfully pursuing career in academia. Then you're overstating the importance of Fe. When it comes to energy, Dominant is ++ and Tertiary is -, so they can extensively do Si-Ti.
You just don't understand typology enough to speak in this thread.

If you want an example of a great NF scientist: Niels Bohr, INFJ, if you read his philosophical writings you'll definitely see the Ni-Fe-Ti, and that the dude ain't NT at all.
No way, if he's a Ni-dom he must be an INTJ. Not seeing conscious Fe from him.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
About ++ and -, I feel that data science appeals to Ni. It's one of the more intuitive sounding jobs out there. So I was hoping to get by with Ni-Ti although there's the problem of me not being good with computers.

I'm sure INFJ can make great pure mathematicians and theoretical physicists.