• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did this worst case Scenario for Ukraine Happen?

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've been following the news lately and I'm seeing some crazy stuff. 1.5 million refugees? Jesus christ.

Even if Ukraine wins the war now, the place it totally leveled. This is the worst possible scenario for Ukraine sans nuclear disaster. The only thing worse that could happen is either mass genocide or a nuclear disaster. This is literally, next to those two things, the most horrible thing that could have happened. The Ukrainian people will now forever be displaced and Russia will annex another territory like Crimea. The U.S. will absolutely not help at all as that would most certainly result in a global nuclear war and there will be no winners. As much weaker as Russia is than the U.S. in terms of pure military might, having as much nuclear weaponry in your arsenal pretty much renders the rest of it useless. Both sides have thousands of subs with armed nuclear weapons pointed at each other, and even if the US nukes Russia with thirty nukes, Russia will absolutely at least get 5 to 10 off on us.

How did this happen? How did the worst case scenario occur? Obviously Putin is a ruthless and Machiavellian dictator, but how did the leaders of Ukraine, and Nato, fail Ukraine so badly? I mean if you're going to join Nato, can't you do it after taking out Putin? Why openly taunt a dictator? I get it...freedom is worth fighting for...but are you fighting the freedom or are the Ukrainian farmers getting slaughtered now for freedom in a meaningless fashion when you could have been more clandestine and sneaky about it?

I don't get it...I mean the leader of Finland, after Russia invaded, told Putin she was going to join Nato. Okay? Yeah, please do, but keep your mouth closed until we actually eliminate the threat because you taunting the dictator in the name of some abstract concept is resulting in aggravated and inflamed aggressions. I am sure Putin's army executed a bunch of Ukrainians after the leader of Finland spoke. Just keep your mouth closed and stop aggravating the dictator until we can take him out with assassins.

It is obvious that Putin here is the evil actor, but how did the leaders around the area contribute to this devastating outcome? After all, there were other options to defeating Putin that would resulted in way less death and tragedy, and they were simple and easy compared to the outcome. Sometimes I wonder if comedians really should be leaders.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
When Hitler started WWII, did you accuse the leaders of the free Western democracies of "taunting Hitler", of not considering other options ?

I'd say what you wrote here, is intensely perverse and twisted-up, because it reverses the charge of the evil done unto us.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
It is unlikely that Russia will launch Missile with Nuclear warhead during military operation in Ukraine. According to Dimitry Peskov as quoted by Al Jazeera:
“We have a concept of domestic security, and it’s public. You can read all the reasons for nuclear arms to be used,” Peskov said on Tuesday.

“So if it is an existential threat for our country, then it can be used in accordance with our concept.”
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/22/russia-only-to-use-nuclear-weapons-if-existence-threatened

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Putin saw Russia's death in the mirror and decided to take one last stab at reforming the empire before the lights go out on russia forever.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
The first mistake was allowing Turkey to get away with invading and occupying a part of Cyprus.
A second (crucial) mistake was allowing China to get away with Tiananmen Square (and the larger crackdown Tiananmen was only a part of).
Another mistake was allowing Russia to get away with subverting Moldova by creating Transnistria.
A fourth mistake was allowing Saddam Hussein (and his buddy-buddies in France) to get away with invading Kuwait without being deposed.
A fifth mistake was allowing Russia (and also Putin specifically) to get away with Chechnya.
Another mistake was allowing Russia to take two chunks of Georgia (Abkhazia and South Ossetia) by subversion and force.
A seventh mistake has been allowing Russia to take any part in negotiating the denuclearization of Iran. And also allowing Iran's buddy-buddies help it escape the ssnctions imposed on it.
An eighth mistake was the United States' not directly intervening to end the Castro regime as soon as the USSR dissolved itself.
Another mistake was not paying attention to Russia's and Iran's malicious interference in Armenia's and Azerbaijan's conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh or its interference in.
A tenth mistake was allowing Russia to destroy Syria and render our ally Israel dependent on Russia.
An eleventh mistake was allowing and actively collaborating with Saudi Arabia to destroy Yemen. (And also allowing Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman establish a de facto personal dictatorship).
A twelfth mistake has been allowing the Hungarian and Polish extreme far-right-wing to take over those unfortunate countries.
A thirteenth mistake (by the United States specifically) was allowing Britain even to entertain the notion of leaving the European Union.
It was a mistake not to do what we are doing now the first time Putin invaded Ukraine in 2014. It was a mistake not to proactively push for regime change in Russia when it might have had a chance of actually working.

Anyway, the point is that just because we have been (royally) screwing up and indirectly have made the situation worse (the only direct culprit and aggressor in the present situation is Russia) a here doesn't mean we have to screw up now, which is what will happen if we do what @MaxMad244 is suggesting. "Russia has gotten away with mass murder for too long and the focus should remain on those suffering and dying in Ukraine." (owners of the Russian Tea Room in New York).

Last edited: