• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

help me figure out my type please :)

jasperrrrrrrrrr

I've created an account just for this because I'm tired of trying to type myself (MBTI, Enneagram, etc, but mainly MBTI). I think that an outside perspective might help me figure this out.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I'm 17-18 and I'm from South America. I have general anxiety, depression, and possible ADHD. I'm neopagan and don't really like politics, I'm only passionate about it when it directly affects me or human rights in general.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

All the tests I've taken typed me as either an xNFP or IxFP. I've ruled out ENFP because, even though I'm an ambivert, I'm a little bit more introverted. When it comes to IxFP, I really can't tell if I use Ne or Se more. I haven't looked into any other typology systems.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

I want to be my own person and truly express myself. Like having my own sense of style, playing my own music, writing my own songs/stories, etc.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I relate the most to pride, envy, and sloth. Sometimes I feel like I'm different/better than everyone else, kinda like a coping mechanism for wanting what other people have (confidence, not be mentally ill, you name it). I'm also pretty lazy and dislike responsibilities to some extent. I relate the least to gluttony because I dislike waste and overconsumption in general.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

I'm drawn to every kind of people, mostly because I like meeting new people in general. But I am more drawn to confident and kind people, with a good sense of humor, and people I share the same interests and personal values with.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

I generally draw attention by being artistic, so basically everyone who likes art in general, especially music. Also, people (mostly extroverts) seem to think I'm mysterious or deep, which weirdly attracts them.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

Close-minded people, people who don't care about anyone but themselves, people who feel entitles to things they definitely aren't.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

I admire confidence, authenticity, and assertiveness, but I can never express myself because I'm too anxious and insecure (GAD sucks).

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

In some kind of way, I'm always angry at myself for not being able/not doing enough to be who I want to be. I usually repress this anger, but sometimes it becomes too much and I just explode. I've been able to direct this anger towards art so I don't become too self destructive. Regarding external factors, I'm usually pretty calm. When I do get angry though, it's always explosive and extremely volatile. I get confrontational and lash out at anyone who talks to me. Then, I isolate myself to cool down.

b) Shame

I feel so ashamed of who I was and how I've acted throughout my life. Mostly because I was so desperate for love and attention that I became a different person. So much so that I still don't know who I really am.

c) Fear

I have general anxiety and depression. Fear has become such an ingrained part of my life that it's really hard to separate the two. But, before things started going downhill, I mostly feared not living the life I wanted to. This fear is still very much present in my life. Other than that, I just have lots of insecurities regarding the relationships I have: do they really like me? Are they going to leave me? Just standard anxiety.

d) Love/passion

I like to think that love is very objective. Like, I love music. Can I elaborate on that? Sure, but that's it. I just love it. I'm the kind of person that just loves to love because, for me, it is that simple. When it comes to passion, however, things are a little bit different. If I'm passionate about something, I'll try to elaborate why that thing is so great, even if I can't put it into words. Also, love and passion aren't just feelings. They're very tangible experiences that are just waiting to be lived.

e) Conflict

I dislike conflict and tend to avoid it. When it's inevitable, I play the role of the peacemaker, even if I don't want to, just to get it over with.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

I think I've already said the major themes. The only one I can think of that I haven't mentioned is my inability to plan things out, whether it be the future or something else.

8) Answer only one of the following:
b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

I have no idea. Thought about music, but I don't know. I'm just going to let things play out and see where it takes me.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

Mostly on their body language and how this person holds themself. Then I focus on what they're talking about. Also, gestures.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

I think that almost everyone is suffering at the hands of few, and that isn't right. People should be able to live authentically. There are way too many problems (bigotry, hunger, you name it) but I do think we can change this. We just have to keep trying.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Playing instruments (I play bass, guitar, ukulele, piano, and harmonica), drawing, solving crossword puzzles, crafting trinkets, writing, listening to music, watching movies/TV series, skateboarding, and other things. I have way too many different interests.

13) How do you usually “hang out†with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

I want to initiate interaction but I never know how. I usually wait for someone to invite me. It really depends on the day whether I'd like to hang out with few or with many.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Both are important, but actions are more important to me. If someone sends you the link to a song saying "this reminds me of you", I'll be happy. But if someone sings said song to me, I'll probably melt. I like to show how much I care, rather than just saying it.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

To be poor. While I do like money, passion, sensations, and memories are far more important. Regarding immortality, it's the worst curse of all. Not only it gets boring after a while, but it also makes every experience worthless.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

Too selfish, shallow, aimless, manipulative. Especially shallow.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I don't like to obsess over things, even though I do. Hyperfixations and all that. Also, I tend to mirror the gestures/speaking of people I admire. I don't think they notice but if they do, I hope they know it's because I like them. I don't wanna appear shallow.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

I'm really messy. Can't organize to save my life. When I plan, it goes wrong, so I'm used to improvisation. I prefer flexibility and tend to miss deadlines a lot.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

Comfort is something familiar to me. I unconsciously create habits overtime that bring me comfort, besides doing what I love.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For enneagram, 9w1 seems like a likely core. Perhaps 947 or 946. Not sx blind, most likely so/sx.

jasperrrrrrrrrr

For enneagram, 9w1 seems like a likely core. Perhaps 947 or 946. Not sx blind, most likely so/sx.
Thanks for the suggestion! I looked into it and it does sound like me. I read that so/sx 9w1 tend be confused with 4s though. Do you know how to properly differentiate the two?
Also, I read about the tritypes and 946/469 is definitely the one.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I looked into this tritype and it's definitely me. About the MBTI, do you have a specific type in mind? It is the hardest one for me.
I would lean to INFP, but that's just a rough impression based on your answers.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the suggestion! I looked into it and it does sound like me. I read that so/sx 9w1 tend be confused with 4s though. Do you know how to properly differentiate the two?
Also, I read about the tritypes and 946/469 is definitely the one.
https://www.enneagrammer.com/type-4
https://www.enneagrammer.com/-blog/core-fears-94
https://www.enneagrammer.com/-blog/misconceptions-about-type-4
https://www.typologycentral.com/threads/hudsons-27-type-profiles.109541/

There's a huge amount of 9 in your answers: being conflict averse, relating to sloth, having anger that's like an explosive volcano, playing peacemaker, focus on comfort.

Last edited:

jasperrrrrrrrrr