• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] FJs, describe Fe as you understand it

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nono, it is about complexity that is life

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My math teacher told me once, a sentence i just began to realize today: he said: there are people who have emotions and people who live emotions. And thats just a very small picture taken from what is the whole life !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk4gZEAmOLk

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(Did you imagine the description was presented by an Fi individual? In Western culture there doesn't seem to be a great deal of pride in "group think")

My comment wasn't directed at that individual per se- rather on stereotype itself and the bulk of my past experience of reading things here in the forum. But, yeah. (Only "the bulk of my past experience" isn't something imagined. Typically, historically, it is Fi individuals saying that stuff. Or Fe individuals who identify as Fi individuals because of that stereotype...)

eta: In case it needs saying- I'm not saying I believe Fi types are more inclined to rely on group identity for self esteem (to pull something out of their butts to take pride in because actually BEING something to take pride in can be so much harder).

more eta:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[sidenote]Your experience does not distrust you, I for me personally am still looking for my backbone. I think thats a perceiver thing. Most judgers cant imagine what happens when we perceivers once really make a call and they never know what this call might be for. I do understand that and dislike it as well.[/sidenote]

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh wow I am so happy with the amount of responses this thread has gotten so far, thanks everyone :wubbie:

Ok. Follow up question: what's the deal with Fe and recognition/hierarchy?

Theoretically, if everyone is a part of one interconnected super entity, then why do Fe users care about status? Shouldn't everyone be on the same level?

On some level, Fi users feel the same about the "drop in the ocean" in how we relate to others. Our approach is more outside in. I think there's an intrinsic understanding of Fi as the soul and the soul as one drop of some ineffable greater thing that were all connected to.

That's why we look inwards for empathy. It's not that we assume that our personal experience is universal per se, as [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] said, but that we're all essentially "one" in some cosmic sense. Turning inward brings us closer to that greater whole, and is a big part if why we take a fairly democratic approach to our worldview.

Again, no shade, just trying to understand. What is your take on how status and social hierarchy squares with that sense of connectedness at a group level?

I am not as sure about the recognition thing, in my case at least. I like to be appreciated and I want validation more than I really want recognition. I don't think I care too much about social hierarchy, though I can recognize it (sort of like "knowing" who the authority in a room is, and usually adhering to it). I think the purpose of status/hierarchy/authority is to bring order to an otherwise chaotic environment, which I would much prefer. When you say "shouldn't everyone be on the same level," I would say everyone definitely should be treated maturely and with respect.

*puts on sociologist hat* According to the functionalist perspective, a little bit of inequality is required in order for a society to function, but once that inequality becomes too great and extreme, society becomes dysfunctional (which is undesirable). If we relate this to hierarchy and authority, we could interpret it to mean that there has to be at least a little diversity when it comes to social hierarchy in order for it to function. Think of a chess board and its pieces, everything from pawn to queen. They're all important in their own way. And while people might be inclined to say the king is the most important because it's the key to winning the game, or that the queen is the most valuable because it is the most powerful piece, I would argue that the pawns are just as important as the queen and king, because without them the game would be thrown completely out of balance. They are more important than people give them credit for. (And I don't mean to imply that this means certain people are just meant to be "lowly pawns," I'm strictly talking about their function here.)

Basically, if we didn't have any sort of figures to represent authority (and ideally it wouldn't be some sort of dictator authority, rather a diplomatic one that the majority is happy with), if people disagreed on how to make a decision, they'd be eternally stuck. Disagreeing forever and getting nowhere. The "authority" should do as much as they can to build a blend or compromise that brings the best out of both sides.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Princess is happy !

Thats a thing isnt it ;)

Starry

My comment wasn't directed at that individual per se- rather on stereotype itself and the bulk of my past experience of reading things here in the forum. But, yeah. (Only "the bulk of my past experience" isn't something imagined. Typically, historically, it is Fi individuals saying that stuff. Or Fe individuals who identify as Fi individuals because of that stereotype...)

Totally. This is actually why I tried to grab something from someone that actually identifies as being Fe...because then... saying such a thing can't be dismissed as easily as some superior thingie. Where is that coming from? If it can be explained for what it is as opposed for what it appears to be in our culture it would change things I believe.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I don't know how to explain it really. Even Hard's explanation for Fe is slightly foreign to me. It's not a committee or "parliament" at all.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Fe/Ti
Absorbs feelings from their environment, makes sense of them theoretically/logically.

Fe users are responsive to the moods, feelings and impressions of what is around them. However, this doesn't have to be a response to other people, it could be anything. Let's take me. I am (probably) an INFJ....either that or an ENFJ. Anyway, this may sound a little stereotypical, but right now I am looking out my window and feel moved by the scene (dramatic, glistening mountains a lake has carved space out from, and a dry, pastoral landscape in the foreground with stubborn poplar trees. I look at the wind making the leaves dance on the cherry tree which hangs down and shades the porch). So that makes me feel emotionally aroused, if only I had a beautiful woman to share a beer with, put my arm around, throw onto the bed and gift my love child to....life would be perfect.

Ni, Fe and Se work to conjure up imagery. I am using Ni and Ti to break my feelings down and explain them to you ;)

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Hard is ENFJ 1. That's some hardcore Fe.

very true indeed haha. I have serious trouble relating to him, usually. that is fine, though. I just need to think about things more before I say something substantial. Maybe there are ways in which we do relate ...still, I just need to think about it more and then I say something "useful"

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
very true indeed haha. I have serious trouble relating to him, usually. that is fine, though. I just need to think about things more before I say something substantial. Maybe there are ways in which we do relate ...still, I just need to think about it more and then I say something "useful"

Being ENFJ 1 is also different because NFJ vs SFJ will experience Fe a little differently, just as Fe-dom and Fe-aux will. So this thread doesn't really need to be about Fe-users making a consensus about what Fe is, but describing their own personal experience with it. I know you already said you're not sure how to explain it (me too), but if you ever think of a way to articulate it, I'd love to hear it! :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Being ENFJ 1 is also different because NFJ vs SFJ will experience Fe a little differently, just as Fe-dom and Fe-aux will. So this thread doesn't really need to be about Fe-users making a consensus about what Fe is, but describing their own personal experience with it. I know you already said you're not sure how to explain it (me too), but if you ever think of a way to articulate it, I'd love to hear it! :D

You really have to keep a bit of flexibility in your visions, otherwise life will someday knock on your door and sell you flowers :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh wow I am so happy with the amount of responses this thread has gotten so far, thanks everyone :wubbie:

You managed to do something I've actually never seen on this forum before wrt a discussion of Fe, which is to frame the discussion in such a way that most Fi users (whether they agree with what is being expressed or not) would feel like assholes for dismissing or shitting on whatever was being said.

If the first rule of Fi Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fi Fight Club, the second rule of Fi Fight Club is the sanctity of personal experience. Like, I may agree with nothing that's said, but if you say that's your truth and where you're coming from then its just as true and real as whatever point of contention I might raise about it.

Whether it was intentional or not it was pretty genius way around the stuff that typically derails these kinds of threads.

I am not as sure about the recognition thing, in my case at least. I
*puts on sociologist hat* According to the functionalist perspective, a little bit of inequality is required in order for a society to function, but once that inequality becomes too great and extreme, society becomes dysfunctional (which is undesirable). If we relate this to hierarchy and authority, we could interpret it to mean that there has to be at least a little diversity when it comes to social hierarchy in order for it to function. Think of a chess board and its pieces, everything from pawn to queen. They're all important in their own way. And while people might be inclined to say the king is the most important because it's the key to winning the game, or that the queen is the most valuable because it is the most powerful piece, I would argue that the pawns are just as important as the queen and king, because without them the game would be thrown completely out of balance. They are more important than people give them credit for. (And I don't mean to imply that this means certain people are just meant to be "lowly pawns," I'm strictly talking about their function here.)

Basically, if we didn't have any sort of figures to represent authority (and ideally it wouldn't be some sort of dictator authority, rather a diplomatic one that the majority is happy with), if people disagreed on how to make a decision, they'd be eternally stuck. Disagreeing forever and getting nowhere. The "authority" should do as much as they can to build a blend or compromise that brings the best out of both sides.

This makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
She always sexually arouses me speaking of me without adressing me :)

Starry

You managed to do something I've actually never seen on this forum before wrt a discussion of Fe, which is to frame the discussion in such a way that most Fi users (whether they agree with what is being expressed or not) would feel like assholes for dismissing or shitting on whatever was being said.

If the first rule of Fi Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fi Fight Club, the second rule of Fi Fight Club is the sanctity of personal experience. Like, I may agree with nothing that's said, but if you say that's your truth and where you're coming from then its just as true and real as whatever point of contention I might raise about it.

Whether it was intentional or not it was pretty genius way around the stuff that typically derails these kinds of threads.

This makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

Wtf are you talking about? I don't feel like an asshole for trying to dismiss whatever you're trying to say.

This is an important dialogue here and many of us have worked hard for it and want to keep it that way.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
entj girls you know....

good for a night the rest is fight :)