• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Financial Incentives to Let Russian Invade Ukraine?

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was sitting in on a corporate meeting for a company I cannot name and an Industry I wish not to speak on as that would be a legal violation of my employment, but I noticed that the invasion of Ukraine is going to benefit the company tremendously (U.S. Company). We are going to make five times the amount of revenue this year as a result of the invasion.

Part of me wonder then if this invasion was allowed to reap the economic benefits. Most of the benefits will come to us from gouging Europe and other places in the world. There is nothing illegal about what I heard or anything like that but it's entirely predictable as the price of gas and food will not rise by 200-800 percent and as a result many U.S. companies will benefit with much greater profit margins.

Just wondering what you all thought on this or if it was brought up. Worth a consideration no?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
For someone who claims to be part of a "corporate meeting" for a "company I cannot name and an Industry I wish not to speak on" you should already know war has always been a racket in the US. Military industrial complex will always benefit financially as will their shareholders. Of course everyone else will suffer.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if you want to know who would benefit economically, the first thing that comes to mind is that if Europe stops buying gas from Russian pipelines, they'll have to buy liquid gas from the US. Until a few days ago I would have thought that the main reason the US is so much against Nord Stream 2 was that they simply wanted to force us to buy their stuff instead (which, as far as I know, is even worse for the environment).

Of course it's more complex than that, but that definitely is an economic interest. On the consumer side, from what I have read, China will soon be able to get some nice cheap gas from Russia (and Russia is now more dependent on good relations with China than ever), so they also benefit.

But let us not forget whose troops are currently invading Ukraine. Putin is a big boy and an aggressor, not a victim of some Western conspiracy.