• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cold war 2.0

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't like when people start throwing around the phrase "the world is watching". Most Americans don't care what other countries think, and will probably do the exact opposite just to be contrary. I've never seen everyone fall into line and start paying attention simply because they were reminded "the world is watching". Whenever I encounter that, my heart sinks. These kinds of earnest pleas, I've never seen them do any good.

And I actually like David Cameron. He seemed like a reasonable person, which is perhaps his problem. He's a reasonable person who doesn't seem to understand common American mindsets, which are often not reasonable; in this case, the mindset is that Americans resent being told what to do by foreigners. We can see this in the MTG quote at the end. The fact that this is a "special relationship" going back centuries means nothing.

Last edited:

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
At the same time this news comes out, there is also some b.s. floating around about how 'progress' is being made in negotiations. What a farce. From what I understand Hamas is adamant about a permanent cease fire and Israeli withdrawal. Negotiations are going nowhere and are a waste of time would be a more accurate assessment. I don't know why the media bothers to suggest otherwise.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't like when people start throwing around the phrase "the world is watching". Most Americans don't care what other countries think, and will probably do the exact opposite just to be contrary. I've never seen everyone fall into line and start paying attention simply because they were reminded "the world is watching". Whenever I encounter that, my heart sinks. These kinds of earnest pleas, I've never seen them do any good.

And I actually like David Cameron. He seemed like a reasonable person, which is perhaps his problem. He's a reasonable person who doesn't seem to understand common American mindsets, which are often not reasonable; in this case, the mindset is that Americans resent being told what to do by foreigners. We can see this in the MTG quote at the end. The fact that this is a "special relationship" going back centuries means nothing.

And you seem not to understand that despite all of that the world will be watching (and act accordingly). Therefore in a sense that statement is a subtle threat. What is because others will indeed act according to what is going on (and how certain things are progressing). However it is true that average American doesn't seem to understand that others also have their cards to play and that they will play them in a way how the game is progressing. In this concrete example this means that Europe has to develop/expand it's own military industrial engine in order to save Ukraine. However if that happens many will quickly realize how many of US companies in Europe are "unnecessary" and thus they will be replaced with local versions. What in the end will lose US Trillions and plenty of global influences (plus the deficit will increase further). In other words Ukraine is what is physically feeding most of Middle East. Therefore if Europe saves Ukraine and it assimilates it into the EU then much of the US influence in the Middle east will shift from US to EU. What will almost surely expand US deficit even further.

In other words your average countryman doesn't understand that certain people are their customers, or that profits from overseas are paying for their benefits to some degree. Therefore If you don't want to take "Ukraine job" someone else will and with that it will take all the gains and profits. At the end of the day all of this is pure game of Capitalism.

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
At the same time this news comes out, there is also some b.s. floating around about how 'progress' is being made in negotiations. What a farce. From what I understand Hamas is adamant about a permanent cease fire and Israeli withdrawal. Negotiations are going nowhere and are a waste of time would be a more accurate assessment. I don't know why the media bothers to suggest otherwise.

The story of negotiation is something that the media are usually presenting for those that don't have the stomach for military solutions.
While in practice negotiations serve as a means to achieve various tactical or diplomatic gains rather than the means to end "the main show".

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I
And you seem not to understand that despite all of that the world will be watching (and act accordingly). Therefore in a sense that statement is a subtle threat. What is because others will indeed act according to what is going on (and how certain things are progressing). However it is true that average American doesn't seem to understand that others also have their cards to play and that they will play them in a way how the game is progressing. In this concrete example this means that Europe has to develop/expand it's own military industrial engine in order to save Ukraine. However if that happens many will quickly realize how many of US companies in Europe are "unnecessary" and thus they will be replaced with local versions. What in the end will lose US Trillions and plenty of global influences (plus the deficit will increase further). In other words Ukraine is what is physically feeding most of Middle East. Therefore if Europe saves Ukraine and it assimilates it into the EU then much of the US influence in the Middle east will shift from US to EU. What will almost surely expand US deficit even further.

In other words your average countryman doesn't understand that certain people are their customers, or that profits from overseas are paying for their benefits to some degree. Therefore If you don't want to take "Ukraine job" someone else will and with that it will take all the gains and profits. At the end of the day all of this is pure game of Capitalism.
I'm not disputing any of that, but I think there are many people for whom enlightened self-interest will not hold water. Views like what Marjorie-Taylor Green espouses in the article are more common than you might think. Perhaps the people who attribute our political problems to lead poisoning among older people are correct.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I

I'm not disputing any of that, but I think there are many people for whom enlightened self-interest will not hold water. Views like what Marjorie-Taylor Green in the article are more common than you might think. Perhaps the people who attribute our political problems to lead poisoning among older people are correct.
We call what MTG is doing Basic Bitch self interest. She cant see past her next selfie. Shes chasing social media clicks and clout. I blame reality television.

Regarding the Rebelious American image I think its something The whole of America needs to wrap their heads around, because that little personality quirk is being used against most of us, by our own countrymen who would be kings. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is only a valid strategy if the raiding saxons don't have a bag to put over your head during the rape and pillage part of the program.
"Ask me for a favor I'll bend over backwards, tell me I should/have to... I'll see you in hell first." It affects all of us here in one way or another, politics, physical passion, or personal health are the usual three big ones that cause people to rear up on their hind legs most. But don't worry about the phrase the world is watching. Because there's another one just as true... As America goes, the rest of the world follows. Since 2016 that should be very obvious unless you're trying to not see it or can't bring yourself to believe your own eyes. Unfortunate more americans dont believe in the moon landing, considering all the price of soul of how we got there, but then countries dont have morals they have interests. Sometimes I think that's why so much of the game plan seems to be robbing people of their hope and sense of community.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We call what MTG is doing Basic Bitch self interest. She cant see past her next selfie. Shes chasing social media clicks and clout. I blame reality television.

Regarding the Rebelious American image I think its something The whole of America needs to wrap their heads around, because that little personality quirk is being used against most of us, by our own countrymen who would be kings. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is only a valid strategy if the raiding saxons don't have a bag to put over your head during the rape and pillage part of the program.
"Ask me for a favor I'll bend over backwards, tell me I should/have to... I'll see you in hell first." It affects all of us here in one way or another, politics, physical passion, or personal health are the usual three big ones that cause people to rear up on their hind legs most. But don't worry about the phrase the world is watching. Because there's another one just as true... As America goes, the rest of the world follows. Since 2016 that should be very obvious unless you're trying to not see it or can't bring yourself to believe your own eyes. Unfortunate more americans dont believe in the moon landing, considering all the price of soul of how we got there, but then countries dont have morals they have interests. Sometimes I think that's why so much of the game plan seems to be robbing people of their hope and sense of community.
2004 was another one where I heard about the world watching a lot. I heard about it more there, actually. I might make a 2004 post, since I won't shut up about it and the election is largely forgotten now.

I'm inclined to think the lack of hope is just a byproduct of where we are. For instance, the conflict in the Middle East has been going on for decades and shows no signs of stopping, and in fact has intensified. The conflict of Russia with Ukraine had a similar effect; it marked the final end of the End of History. The history of the 21st century is not a case of progress, where conflicts get settled and people move forward, it's more of a Mobius strip, constantly circling back in on itself.

The culture doesn't help, though; I probably will not be watching Civil War, for that reason. I've been concerned about this since Obama's second term; I don't really need to see a movie "warning" me about it, or whatever it's trying to do.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
2004 was another one where I heard about the world watching a lot. I heard about it more there, actually. I might make a 2004 post, since I won't shut up about it and the election is largely forgotten now.

I'm inclined to think the lack of hope is just a byproduct of where we are. For instance, the conflict in the Middle East has been going on for decades and shows no signs of stopping, and in fact has intensified. The conflict of Russia with Ukraine had a similar effect; it marked the final end of the End of History. The history of the 21st century is not a case of progress, where conflicts get settled and people move forward, it's more of a Mobius strip, constantly circling back in on itself.

The culture doesn't help, though; I probably will not be watching Civil War, for that reason. I've been concerned about this since Obama's second term; I don't really need to see a movie "warning" me about it, or whatever it's trying to do.
Progress isn't a straight line going only one direction. It is a winding path through a tangled labyrinth of both order and chaos. Progress is a journey. Progress is an adventure. Progress is only made into a linear chart once it becomes a treasured institution. By then Progress has moved on maybe something that sticks, maybe something that stings. Oh what tangled roads we weave when first we desire to succeed.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Progress isn't a straight line going only one direction. It is a winding path through a tangled labyrinth of both order and chaos. Progress is a journey. Progress is an adventure. Progress is only made into a linear chart once it becomes a treasured institution. By then Progress has moved on maybe something that sticks, maybe something that stings. Oh what tangled roads we weave when first we desire to succeed.
Maybe we need something like the Bell Riots. I guess we have until August.