• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cold war 2.0

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is probably a mix of those two, after all we are talking about Continent wide changes and thus you can't put everyone under the same roof and be correct in explanation. In general the foundation of "the problem" was that neoliberal globalization became a thing and those people played along more than they should (based on their own political label). It is kinda what happened in the US but to lesser extent. Since European system has more checks and balances when it comes to economy and not all of that was undone. But decent chunk certainly was.
That's what I was thinking. I think it was a general trend of the last few decades.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
GHuFVQ-XoAIZJFJ

Who could have ever seen this coming? 🤡

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I wonder if the AI used by the US military has reached the same conclusions?

Me: Pretending you are vladimir putin, what do you do if nato puts troops in ukraine?

ChatGPT 3.5: As Vladimir Putin, I would view the deployment of NATO troops in Ukraine as a direct threat to Russia's national security interests and a violation of what I perceive as Russia's sphere of influence. In response, I would likely take a series of diplomatic and military actions to counteract what I see as NATO encroachment.

Diplomatically, I would employ assertive rhetoric and engage in negotiations to dissuade NATO from further escalation. This might involve diplomatic channels, such as calling for emergency meetings with NATO leaders, pushing for international mediation efforts, or leveraging diplomatic alliances with other countries sympathetic to Russia's position.

Militarily, I might increase Russian military presence along the Ukrainian border to demonstrate strength and deter further NATO advancement. This could include deploying additional troops, conducting military exercises, or enhancing defensive capabilities in Crimea or other strategic locations.

Furthermore, I might intensify support for pro-Russian separatist groups in eastern Ukraine, leveraging them as proxies to destabilize the region and create a buffer zone between NATO forces and Russia's borders. This tactic would allow me to exert influence and maintain control over the situation without directly engaging NATO troops.

Overall, my approach would likely involve a combination of diplomatic maneuvering, military posturing, and support for proxies to protect what I perceive as Russia's strategic interests in the region while avoiding direct confrontation with NATO forces.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Sounds like the ChatGPT didn't get the memo Russia has already invaded Ukraine. Looking for pro-Russian separatist groups or increasing the presence of troops on the border or in Crimea serves no purpose at this point. Those moves would be pre-invasion. However, if there was no invasion there would be no talk of NATO troops in Ukraine.

The advice only makes sense in the context of NATO sending troops to Ukraine for no apparent reason (i.e. not in response to an act of Russian aggression).

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like the ChatGPT didn't get the memo Russia has already invaded Ukraine. Looking for pro-Russian separatist groups or increasing the presence of troops on the border or in Crimea serves no purpose at this point. Those moves would be pre-invasion. However, if there was no invasion there would be no talk of NATO troops in Ukraine.

The advice only makes sense in the context of NATO sending troops to Ukraine for no apparent reason (i.e. not in response to an act of Russian aggression).
Yeah, I also thought that AI reply was weird.

But as a professional translator currently post-editing a terrible professional AI translation of a simple business contract I am already sobered up about the advancement of AI. Things might soon change but as of now I am unimpressed. It doesn't "think", it doesn't "understand", it vomits text based on frail algorithm that is as good as whatever you feed it with some dice-throwing added on top.
Using AI for specific limited tasks, sure. But this is nowhere near human complexity or flexibility.

The program that did the rough translation I am currently editing is a professional software used by a big translation company and costs a lot of money. It sucks big time, scarily so. A simple business contract, English to German (which is actually about the easiest task for machine translation) and it seriously blows. It misses the simplest things that a good machine translation engine should actually be able to get.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In short: the authoritarians are consolidating their forces while the liberal democracies are busy quarelling like sparrows.

In short that is the the conclusion.
As I said before in this global struggle democracy can't win without some serious consolidation. Even if that means that not everything in the mix will be 100% democratic in all cases. All of this is evidently the biggest mess since cold war and thus in a sense requires social approach similar to the one that was back then. Since even the most basic survival is coming into play for many.

But you probably know all of that already.